#41 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,365 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 12 February 2014 - 05:02 PM

Obviously not grouping you smart guys in the boat with most others. (The sun, the fan, etc.) who rehash Mt. Rushmore all the time. Ray Lewis retires, is he on it? Ed Reed released, is he on it. Earl Weaver passed away. Is he on it? Will Manny Machado be on it one day? Joe Flacco on it one day? Why can't guys just be among the best? The angst basically came from Sports Center. I was at the gym and it was on while I was on the treadmill. They had already started making up all sorts of Mt. Rushmores (NBA, NCAABB, NFL Olines) instead of, oh, I dont know, delivering sports news! 40 minutes on the treadmill and the only highlights were Wichita St. and San Diego St. I digress. I know you guys have done your homework over the years and you make valid points. Im all for a good debate on all time greats. But does every publication have to beat this dead horse and limit it to four when you have so many variables at play?

Yeah, it's all good man. It wasn't even my idea to do Mt. Rushmore so you can blame Rob.  :lol:

I do love compiling lists of the the best ever or best now or whatever, though.

#42 SBTarheel

SBTarheel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,851 posts
  • LocationEldersburg, Md

Posted 12 February 2014 - 05:03 PM

BTW, I don't care if Nickle or anyone else wants to say that it was an arrogant statement. That's fine, I can see why that would be said. But to call him an idiot, a jackass, and say if anyone deserves a career altering injury, it's him, well that's way over the top.

My late Father taught me one valuable lesson in life: 3 words

Consider the source.

In BNick's case, hating LeBron is just part of his schtick..He's a good dude though, but this is something he just can't get past. So on this issue, Consider the source. I would hope he's really really rooting for an injury.

It's a good life lesson in many aspects.

@beginthebegin71

#43 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 05:11 PM

Yeah, it's all good man. It wasn't even my idea to do Mt. Rushmore so you can blame Rob.  :lol:

I do love compiling lists of the the best ever or best now or whatever, though.

I do too, working on editing/updating my top 100 Orioles lists. Maybe on a more specific level top four is fine. Positional, city wise, etc... But entire NBA rushmore is impossible. Different eras, big men v. shooters. Coaches. There is Jordan, and at least 20 other guys you can make a case for to make up three spots.
@BSLMikeRandall

#44 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 05:19 PM

Schtick. Yeah cuz I'm the only one who sees it as an arrogant, premature statement. Because it's those two things, it's not smart. Or in other words stupid.

#45 SBTarheel

SBTarheel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,851 posts
  • LocationEldersburg, Md

Posted 12 February 2014 - 05:23 PM

Schtick. Yeah cuz I'm the only one who sees it as an arrogant, premature statement. Because it's those two things, it's not smart. Or in other words stupid.

Whatever you say, man!!

Keep fightin the good fight!!!

@beginthebegin71

#46 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 12 February 2014 - 05:26 PM

Obviously not grouping you smart guys in the boat with most others. (The sun, the fan, etc.) who rehash Mt. Rushmore all the time. Ray Lewis retires, is he on it? Ed Reed released, is he on it. Earl Weaver passed away. Is he on it? Will Manny Machado be on it one day? Joe Flacco on it one day? Why can't guys just be among the best? The angst basically came from Sports Center. I was at the gym and it was on while I was on the treadmill. They had already started making up all sorts of Mt. Rushmores (NBA, NCAABB, NFL Olines) instead of, oh, I dont know, delivering sports news! 40 minutes on the treadmill and the only highlights were Wichita St. and San Diego St. I digress. I know you guys have done your homework over the years and you make valid points. Im all for a good debate on all time greats. But does every publication have to beat this dead horse and limit it to four when you have so many variables at play?

Here was the Ravens Mt. Rushmore we discussed.

• Mike in STL likes this
@levineps

#47 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 05:34 PM

Whatever you say, man!!

Keep fightin the good fight!!!

I know you take all offenses against James personally but cut the condescending BS.

#48 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 05:34 PM

Right. Its good debate. But its never-ending. In the Ravens case there are three easy ones, and no clear fourth. You could go round and round for a long time.
@BSLMikeRandall

#49 SBTarheel

SBTarheel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,851 posts
  • LocationEldersburg, Md

Posted 12 February 2014 - 05:35 PM

I know you take all offenses against James personally but cut the condescending BS.

Laugh it off, bro. Relax.

@beginthebegin71

#50 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 05:38 PM

Laugh it off, bro. Relax.

You telling me to laugh it off is pretty funny. Considering we're talking about LeBron criticism.

#51 SBTarheel

SBTarheel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,851 posts
  • LocationEldersburg, Md

Posted 12 February 2014 - 05:42 PM

You telling me to laugh it off is pretty funny. Considering we're talking about LeBron criticism.

You're talking about LeBron criticism, everyone else here finds THAT funny.

Like i said, it's accepted around here that it's part of your deal (since you don't like the word schtick, I'll change my verbage), and that's cool.

Maybe you can get Dan Gilbert to sign up for a BSL account, and you guys can gang up on me!

That sounds fun!

• Oriole85 likes this
@beginthebegin71

#52 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,827 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 05:51 PM

It's not premature, because he didn't say he was there yet.  Maybe it's arrogant to say you wanna go down as one of the best of all time.  I don't think so, at least not if you are already one of the best of your generation.  The Olympics are on right now, do you really think none of those athletes are competing in the hopes of going down as the greatest ever?

And if it's "stupid" to say it out loud, why?  What's the downside?  Controversy from the media?  Jeez, Lebron sure isn't used to dealing with a media circus, I wonder how he'll handle it.  Karma?  Seriously?  That's about as grave a concern as pissing off the Easter Bunny.

You're certainly entitled to just not like the guy. But when you try to make it seem like you're making a practical case for why he's doing something stupid, it all kind of crumbles apart.

• SBTarheel, You Play to Win the Game and Icterus galbula like this

#53 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 09:06 PM

He's not saying he hopes to be the best. He's saying he will be one of the best. Big difference. At the least, it puts more pressure on himself.

Seth is hilarious. He goes on the attack, then tells me to chill,then goes on the attack again.

#54 SBTarheel

SBTarheel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,851 posts
  • LocationEldersburg, Md

Posted 12 February 2014 - 09:14 PM

He's not saying he hopes to be the best. He's saying he will be one of the best. Big difference. At the least, it puts more pressure on himself.

Seth is hilarious. He goes on the attack, then tells me to chill,then goes on the attack again.

I live to make you laugh...

@beginthebegin71

#55 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 12 February 2014 - 10:15 PM

Why shouldn't he feel that way? The argument is there that he already is. What he said was perfectly fine.

What did Joe say about Brady? That he was better than him or something like that? Same with Eli.

These guys should have confidence in themselves and again, LeBron could be there now.
  • You Play to Win the Game and mweb08 like this

#56 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,365 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 10:18 PM

Why shouldn't he feel that way? The argument is there that he already is. What he said was perfectly fine.

What did Joe say about Brady? That he was better than him or something like that? Same with Eli.

These guys should have confidence in themselves and again, LeBron could be there now.

Excellent point about Joe and Eli. Did Nickle go off on them for those statements, which are way further from reality than LeBron's comments? Maybe he did, I don't recall.

#57 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 12 February 2014 - 10:19 PM

Excellent point about Joe and Eli. Did Nickle go off on them for those statements, which are way further from reality than LeBron's comments? Maybe he did, I don't recall.

Not like this(if at all)...but he doesn't hate those players for irrational reasons either. :)

#58 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,680 posts
  • LocationBeautiful Bel Air, MD

Posted 12 February 2014 - 10:32 PM

I still can't get past the random accusation of PED use. I mean, I wouldn't be shocked to find out anyone used at this point, but that's not the same thing.

Citation needed.

• mweb08 and Pedro Cerrano like this
@DJ_McCann

#59 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,365 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 12:01 AM

James and the Heat are putting on a clinic right now at Golden State. Without Wade.

#60 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,365 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 12:23 AM

Huge Warriors run to close the third. In for an exciting finish!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=