#1 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,366 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 11 February 2014 - 09:23 PM

Someone can find the link, but he said he'll make it on there. He actually doesn't normally brag like this, and he's probably not wrong IMO.

#2 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,482 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 11 February 2014 - 09:23 PM

I'd say there's a substantially better chance that he does than doesn't at this point.

#3 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 11 February 2014 - 09:25 PM

I'd say there's a substantially better chance that he does than doesn't at this point.

For Mt. Rushmore, are you selecting the best four players OR trying to divide it up by position/or the type of players they are?

@levineps

#4 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,482 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 11 February 2014 - 09:26 PM

For Mt. Rushmore, are you selecting the best four players OR trying to divide it up by position/or the type of players they are?

I'd say four best players.

#5 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 11 February 2014 - 09:27 PM

ESPN: LeBron: I'll be among greatest

http://espn.go.com/n...-nba-all-greats

"I'm going to be one of the top four that's ever played this game, for sure," LeBron James said in an interview that will air on NBA TV on Monday. "And if they don't want me to have one of those top four spots, they'd better find another spot on that mountain. Somebody's gotta get bumped, but that's not for me to decide. That's for the architects."

James, who has previously talked about being one of the greats of all time, was responding to a question during the interview when asked to name his personal Mount Rushmore, the four greatest players of all time.

James' first three selections which he called the "easy three," were Michael Jordan, Larry Bird and Magic Johnson. He deliberated before taking Oscar Robertson as his fourth choice.

• mweb08 likes this
@levineps

#6 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,366 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 09:28 PM

I'd say four best players.

Agreed. Really no consideration to the other approach.

#7 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 11 February 2014 - 10:00 PM

Lebron is wrong...Larry shouldn't be on that mountain.

#8 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,366 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 10:05 PM

Lebron is wrong...Larry shouldn't be on that mountain.

Yeah, I agree. Kareem, Wilt, and Russell are all over Bird IMO along with MJ, Magic, and James.

#9 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,555 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 12 February 2014 - 12:45 AM

Russell can visit the Mt. Rushmore, but he has to buy a ticket (senior discount of course).

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#10 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 08:02 AM

What an arrogant, premature statement.

• Mike in STL likes this

#11 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,482 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 12 February 2014 - 09:10 AM

What an arrogant, premature statement.

I knew this was coming. Embrace the greatness, bra... we're all witnesses. ;)

#12 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 09:43 AM

It's ridiculous. More premature claims coming from this doofus.  Calling yourself the King when you haven't stepped on the court.

You're just tempting fate. If anyone deserves a Penny Hardaway type injury it's this jackass.

#13 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,827 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 09:52 AM

I don't get how someone could dislike Lebron that much.  I'm only a very casual NBA fan, but he seems like good people for the most part.

#14 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 09:56 AM

He's an idiot. If you're going to proclaim yourself as one of the 4 GOAT you better make sure your already one of the 4 GOAT. LeBron is not. He's not even 30 yet, is probably barely into the 2nd part of his total career and he's proclaiming his greatness.

It's like if Brady had called himself the GOAT after he won his SB in '05.

Nobody with any sense tempts fate by saying shit like this.

#15 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,827 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 10:00 AM

"I'm going to be one of the top four that's ever played this game, for sure," LeBron James said in an interview that will air on NBA TV on Monday. "And if they don't want me to have one of those top four spots, they'd better find another spot on that mountain. Somebody's gotta get bumped, but that's not for me to decide. That's for the architects."

Going to be.  Not currently is.

#16 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 10:05 AM

Things I care about. 1.Life, 2.Happiness.....5,000,465,849. What LeBron James thinks about anything. Mt Rushmore discussions are the most playerd out, annoying debates around. They're so simple everyone idiot feels like a genius when they spout off any forur top names. Yet it comes up at least a few times a year. "If Peyton Manning retires, what's your QB Mt. Rushmore?" Shut up. I guess this could have also gone in the rants section.
@BSLMikeRandall

#17 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 10:06 AM

Yeah, he's tempting fate. He doesn't have a clue how is body will hold up at 30+. Especially, after taking all the PEDs at such a young age.

#18 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,482 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 12 February 2014 - 10:13 AM

It's ridiculous. More premature claims coming from this doofus.  Calling yourself the King when you haven't stepped on the court.

You're just tempting fate. If anyone deserves a Penny Hardaway type injury it's this jackass.

Do you know how many kids grow up in cities like Akron who have an insane amount of talent and find themselves surrounded by people looking to ride your coattail to greatness while constantly assuring you that you're the next Michael Jordan? It happens all over the country. LeBron, despite all of that, has actually lived up to, and maybe even exceeded the hype. That is insanely impressive. MJ wasn't even hyped like that.

• Oriole85 likes this

#19 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 12 February 2014 - 10:27 AM

Do you know how many kids grow up in cities like Akron who have an insane amount of talent and find themselves surrounded by people looking to ride your coattail to greatness while constantly assuring you that you're the next Michael Jordan? It happens all over the country. LeBron, despite all of that, has actually lived up to, and maybe even exceeded the hype. That is insanely impressive. MJ wasn't even hyped like that.

There might not have been a more hyped player in the history of North American sports. He played his home games his last two years in high school at the University of Akron's arena. It turns out he was holding back at that level. Like you said, he not only met expectations but exceeded them. We're so used to these players not coming close to expectations after all.

@levineps

#20 PD24

PD24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,070 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 10:54 AM

Yeah, he's tempting fate. He doesn't have a clue how is body will hold up at 30+. Especially, after taking all the PEDs at such a young age.

Settle down there chief...

Add Lebron to your list of hated people of which you act obnoxiously towards :)

I'm not a huge Lebron fan just because I'm not a big Cavs or Heat fan in general but he's, by all accounts, a very good dude Never been in trouble. Doesn't act like a yo boy or thug. Well spoken. He F'd up with the decision but he's acknowledged that and tried to move on. He made the decision to leave a franchise who the best they could do in 7 years was give him Mo Williams and a 40 year old Shaq to go play with his friends when he was a free agent.

Nothing wrong with having confidence...

@PeterDiLutis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=