#61 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,680 posts
  • LocationBeautiful Bel Air, MD

Posted 13 February 2014 - 12:24 AM

James and the Heat are putting on a clinic right now at Golden State. Without Wade.

Does Tony Bosch run the clinic?

@DJ_McCann

#62 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,388 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 13 February 2014 - 01:01 AM

Damn. What a finish!

#63 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 07:27 AM

If James had called himself the best player in the game right now I'd be fine with it. He is telling me he's going to be one of the GOAT 10 years down the road.

He's not saying that's his goal. He's stating it as fact. But people nowdays don't like humbleness. It's arrogance at the highest form. You don't even know what tommorow will bring for yourself. Besides, who the hell puts themself on a MT Rushmore period, let alone in the middle of their career.

Finally, we know perception can change as your career moves on. Brady is a perfect example where perception has changed over the 2nd part of his career. Sure, he's still one of the best QBs of all-time but after his 3rd title there were already some who essentially had him next to Montana.

Someone like Griffey Jr,ARod,even Tiger potentially now, are guys where perception about their greatness has changed from the middle of their career to the end or backend.

As I've said before, it's the premature crowning that pisses me off the most and this is James doing it to himself. . Jordan is one of the most arrogant athletes ever. I'm sure he felt and probably even said at many times throughout his career he was the best player currently playing. As far as I know, he didn't call himself the GOAT after he beat the Blazers in '92

#64 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,636 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 13 February 2014 - 08:26 AM

If James had called himself the best player in the game right now I'd be fine with it. He is telling me he's going to be one of the GOAT 10 years down the road.
He's not saying that's his goal. He's stating it as fact. But people nowdays don't like humbleness. It's arrogance at the highest form. You don't even know what tommorow will bring for yourself. Besides, who the hell puts themself on a MT Rushmore period, let alone in the middle of their career.
Finally, we know perception can change as your career moves on. Brady is a perfect example where perception has changed over the 2nd part of his career. Sure, he's still one of the best QBs of all-time but after his 3rd title there were already some who essentially had him next to Montana.
Someone like Griffey Jr,ARod,even Tiger potentially now, are guys where perception about there greatness has changed from the middle of their career to the end or backend.
As I've said before, it's the premature crowning that pisses me off the most and this is James doing it to himself. It's disgusting. Jordan is one of the most arrogant athletes ever. I'm sure he felt and probably even said at many times throughout his career he was the best player currently playing. As far as I know, he didn't call himself the GOAT after he beat the Blazers in '92

What are your thoughts on Ali?

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#65 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 13 February 2014 - 08:38 AM

Someone like Griffey Jr,ARod,even Tiger potentially now, are guys where perception about there greatness has changed from the middle of their career to the end or backend.
As I've said before, it's the premature crowning that pisses me off the most and this is James doing it to himself. It's disgusting. Jordan is one of the most arrogant athletes ever. I'm sure he felt and probably even said at many times throughout his career he was the best player currently playing. As far as I know, he didn't call himself the GOAT after he beat the Blazers in '92

Do you have an issue with Bird or Magic on there? LBJ is a better player than Bird was and basically has played the same amount of games as he did.

#66 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 09:36 AM

I think Ali's was one of the best heavyweights ever. I think his persistence of calling himself the GOAT, along with his unfortunate disease and how he is revered as a social icon of the '60s, has made people overrate him as a boxer.

Again, one of the best ever as a heavyweight, but you ask the people to name the best boxer ever and by a huge margin the most popular answer is going to be Ali.

#67 SBTarheel

SBTarheel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,851 posts
  • LocationEldersburg, Md

Posted 13 February 2014 - 10:49 AM

I just caught the highlights of the Heat/Warriors game..

LBJ vs. Curry down the stretch was fantastic.

@beginthebegin71

#68 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,546 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 13 February 2014 - 10:50 AM

I just caught the highlights of the Heat/Warriors game..

LBJ vs. Curry down the stretch was fantastic.

Curry was insane on some of those plays. But that game winner was just ridiculous.

#69 SBTarheel

SBTarheel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,851 posts
  • LocationEldersburg, Md

Posted 13 February 2014 - 10:54 AM

Curry was insane on some of those plays. But that game winner was just ridiculous.

Totally ridiculous all around.

@beginthebegin71

#70 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,636 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 11:10 AM

I think Ali's was one of the best heavyweights ever. I think his persistence of calling himself the GOAT, along with his unfortunate disease and how he is revered as a social icon of the '60s, has made people overrate him as a boxer.

Again, one of the best ever as a heavyweight, but you ask the people to name the best boxer ever and by a huge margin the most popular answer is going to be Ali.

Ok but he was declaring himself the "greatest" long before his career ended.  Was that not a complete miscarriage of humility?

@bopper33

#71 Icterus galbula

Icterus galbula

Half-Member, Half-Amazing

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,224 posts
  • LocationThe Big Easy

Posted 13 February 2014 - 11:18 AM

Um, duh. I called this whole situation. Took crap it, but as usual, I'm right.

Last week there was this. This week there isn't enough "humbleness" in the world.

• mweb08 likes this

#72 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,388 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 13 February 2014 - 11:27 AM

Um, duh. I called this whole situation. Took crap it, but as usual, I'm right.

Last week there was this. This week there isn't enough "humbleness" in the world.

Hahaha

#73 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,636 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 11:27 AM

I'm gonna end up on the BSL Mt. Rushmore.

@bopper33

#74 PD24

PD24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,070 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 11:29 AM

Someone like Griffey Jr,ARod,even Tiger potentially now, are guys where perception about their greatness has changed from the middle of their career to the end or backend.

As I've said before, it's the premature crowning that pisses me off the most and this is James doing it to himself. . Jordan is one of the most arrogant athletes ever. I'm sure he felt and probably even said at many times throughout his career he was the best player currently playing. As far as I know, he didn't call himself the GOAT after he beat the Blazers in '92

Was Joe Flacco an arrogant asshole when he said he thought he was the best QB in April of 2012? 

@PeterDiLutis

#75 SBTarheel

SBTarheel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,851 posts
  • LocationEldersburg, Md

Posted 13 February 2014 - 11:33 AM

I don't really care about Football, so I'm not up on people's opinions on Flacco and his place in the game..However, I do see guys on here referencing Flacco all the time to Nickle...Can I safely assume that he is a big fan/defender of the Ravens QB?

@beginthebegin71

#76 PD24

PD24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,070 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 11:34 AM

I don't really care about Football, so I'm not up on people's opinions on Flacco and his place in the game..However, I do see guys on here referencing Flacco all the time to Nickle...Can I safely assume that he is a big fan of the Rvens QB?

Calling Brandon a big fan of Flacco is like calling penguins big fans of ice. 

@PeterDiLutis

#77 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 11:37 AM

I'm gonna end up on the BSL Mt. Rushmore.

TO be clear, this is not an actual quote of mine.

I have no problem with confidence in yourself in the moment. It's a necessity really. That's different than looking 10 years, 10, days, 10 hours  or even 10 min down the road and stating as fact what or where you are or will be.

#78 SBTarheel

SBTarheel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,851 posts
  • LocationEldersburg, Md

Posted 13 February 2014 - 11:38 AM

Calling Brandon a big fan of Flacco is like calling penguins big fans of ice. 

Gotcha. i figured as much, but I don't read the Ravens threads so I wanted to make sure. Thanks bro.

@beginthebegin71

#79 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Ha. Ask jkough if he thinks Im a big Flacco  fan or defender.

Again, Flacco believes in himself in the moment. I have no problem James or anyone else believing in themselves. I have a problem making assumptions and taking for granted  the future.

#80 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,546 posts
  • LocationMaryland

TO be clear, this is not an actual quote of mine.

I have no problem with confidence in yourself in the moment. It's a necessity really. That's different than looking 10 years, 10, days, 10 hours  or even 10 min down the road and stating as fact what you are or will be.

I don't really see what's that different about it, really. If they had asked Flacco in that interview if he thinks he's good enough to be one of the best ever for the Ravens, he probably would have said, of course.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=