hallas

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,553 posts
  • LocationDaniel Larusso's hometown

Posted 29 August 2012 - 04:44 PM

Nick Markakis
Season	  O-Swing%	Z-Swing%	Swing%	O-Contact%	Z-Contact%	Contact%	Zone%	F-Strike%	SwStr%
2012		 27.2 %	  58.7 %	  40.7 %	  86.4 %		  93.3 %	  90.7 %	 42.9 %	59.6 %	  3.7 %
Career	  23.9 %	  62.5 %	  42.5 %	  78.1 %		  91.4 %	  87.6 %	 48.4 %	56.8 %	  5.2 %

Manny
Season	  O-Swing%	Z-Swing%	Swing%	O-Contact%	Z-Contact%	Contact%	Zone%	F-Strike%	SwStr%
2012		 29.6 %	  63.6 %	  45.3 %	70.6 %		  82.5 %		78.4 %	  46.3 %	58.7 %	  9.9 %
Career	  29.6 %	  63.6 %	  45.3 %	70.6 %		  82.5 %		78.4 %	  46.3 %	58.7 %	  9.9 %

Manny actually doesn't go fishing that often. The only better players in terms of O-Swing are Nicky, Andino, and Reynolds. He is just adjusting to the quality of stuff. If he maintains his approach, then his walks will come. Pitchers are pounding the zone against him much more than normal.
  • BSLChrisStoner likes this

#22 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 29 August 2012 - 05:58 PM

Can't wait to watch MM and Headley on the left side next year.

#23 ChaosLex

ChaosLex

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,836 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 11:37 AM

What's his number likely to be next year? I remember someone saying he was unlikely to stick with #13.
@ChaosLex

Stannis Baratheon: "For the night is dark and full of terrors."

#24 RShack

RShack

Fair-weather ex-diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,993 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 12:07 PM

What's his number likely to be next year? I remember someone saying he was unlikely to stick with #13.

Somebody here (I forget who) said he likes it because his hero is Arod... which burst my balloon...

"The only change is that baseball has turned Paige from a second-class citizen to a second-class immortal." - Satchel Paige

#25 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,377 posts
  • LocationFormerly known as allstar1579

Posted 31 August 2012 - 12:11 PM

Somebody here (I forget who) said he likes it because his hero is Arod... which burst my balloon...

He likes 3, but it wasn't available so he went with 13.
@JeremyMStrain

#26 RShack

RShack

Fair-weather ex-diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,993 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 12:12 PM

He likes 3, but it wasn't available so he went with 13.

OK...

Same thing happened to Arod... (Flaherty, Babe Ruth, same thing... future trivia question)

"The only change is that baseball has turned Paige from a second-class citizen to a second-class immortal." - Satchel Paige

#27 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,377 posts
  • LocationFormerly known as allstar1579

Posted 31 August 2012 - 12:19 PM

OK...

Same thing happened to Arod... (Flaherty, Babe Ruth, same thing... future trivia question)

Haha, yeah, same thing, which is why I don't think he minded and took 13, Arod is a mentor of his.

I think he goes back to #3 next season when Flaherty goes to AAA.
@JeremyMStrain

#28 ChaosLex

ChaosLex

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,836 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 01:08 PM

Haha, yeah, same thing, which is why I don't think he minded and took 13, Arod is a mentor of his.

I think he goes back to #3 next season when Flaherty goes to AAA.

Oh crap, and I want to buy my wife a Machado jersey for Christmas. Looks like I have a 50% chance of picking the right number. :P
@ChaosLex

Stannis Baratheon: "For the night is dark and full of terrors."

#29 SammyBirdland

SammyBirdland

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,019 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 02:27 PM

a43kowi2ncI
  • RShack likes this
¡Hasta la vista, pelota!

#30 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,024 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 03:46 PM

Machado had 6 hits in the NY series, with 2 hits each game.

#31 Chris B

Chris B

• Moderators
  • 22,234 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 02 September 2012 - 03:52 PM

Machado had 6 hits in the NY series, with 2 hits each game.

I thought it was a quiet 6 hits in the series, but its still great to see.

#32 RShack

RShack

Fair-weather ex-diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,993 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 03:54 PM

a43kowi2ncI

So, you like making me unhappy? What did I ever do to you? What's next, Nick had a crush on Gary Sheffield?

#33 RShack

RShack

Fair-weather ex-diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,993 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 02:40 PM

In the 5th today vs. the MFY's, Cal was doing color on TBS... was talking with Smoltz and Whatshisname about Manny... Cal said he expects Manny will go back to SS but not for a year or two... said he thinks playing 3B that much will help him be a better SS when he does move back there... said playing 3B in the MiL helped Cal be better at SS... said it helped him understand how the 2 positions must play in concert, helped him better understand his internal clock about how much time he has to make a play, helped him be better in a lot of ways... said he thinks it will help Manny be a better SS too...

#34 RShack

RShack

Fair-weather ex-diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,993 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 03:53 PM

Cal again in the 9th, when it's out of reach... observing that Flaherty is at SS instead of Hardy... says some people might wonder why Machado isn't at SS, just to give him a taste of it... says the reason is that you want him thinking like a 3B now, since that what he's on the team to be... you don't want him taking his focus off of that...

ps: Along the way, Cal has given numerous small insights of the kind you don't normally hear... like pointing out how Andino took a non-standard route to a GB because Ichiro hit it, knowing that he had less time...

#35 SammyBirdland

SammyBirdland

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,019 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 07:03 AM

Manny: 1
Baserunner: 0
Cameraman: 0

Posted Image
¡Hasta la vista, pelota!

#36 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,623 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 13 September 2012 - 07:28 AM

Manny: 1
Baserunner: 0
Cameraman: 0

Posted Image

One of the smartest plays I have seen.
Not only manny who has impressed playing a new position bu the hustle of hardy to get there and anticipate Manny coming back to third.

As the scoreboard said, WOW.
  • SammyBirdland likes this
@mikeghg

#37 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 13 September 2012 - 09:41 AM

One of the smartest plays I have seen.
Not only manny who has impressed playing a new position bu the hustle of hardy to get there and anticipate Manny coming back to third.

As the scoreboard said, WOW.

Given the situation, this has to rank as one of the best Orioles plays of the year. Unbelieveable instincts. This is going to be bulletin board material in every clubhouse today!
@levineps

#38 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 13 September 2012 - 09:57 AM

Cal again in the 9th, when it's out of reach... observing that Flaherty is at SS instead of Hardy... says some people might wonder why Machado isn't at SS, just to give him a taste of it... says the reason is that you want him thinking like a 3B now, since that what he's on the team to be... you don't want him taking his focus off of that...

Right...which is why he wouldn't be practicing SS on the side or anything like that.

#39 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,024 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 07:39 PM

Machado had a lot of trouble against off-speed pitches today.

#40 Can_of_corn

Can_of_corn

Lacks Fancy Title

• Members
  • Pip
  • 557 posts
  • LocationFL

Posted 13 September 2012 - 08:32 PM

Machado had a lot of trouble against off-speed pitches today.

To be expected. I am sure he didn't see many plus changeups in AA.

He appears to be handling the learning curve just fine.

Well I hear Linda Ronstadt is looking for a guitar player.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=