HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 15 January 2014 - 01:22 PM

Zimmer got the job in Minnesota and reportedly is interested in Norv:

http://www.rotoworld...294/mike-zimmer

Also, Horton likely going to Tenn to be Whiz's DC.  Makes sense...Seems like a brilliant coach.  Was hoping we would bring him on to the staff if no DC positions were left and the new Browns coach wanted his own guys.

#42 esporter

esporter

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 937 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 02:11 PM

I'll be happy with anyone who can equip Joe with more hot routes & quick passes to deal with pressure. The run game seemed pretty much unfixable and so did the protection issues, but for the life of me I couldn't understand why he never seemed to have anywhere fast to go with the ball when teams brought that Double A Gap blitz.

The few times I did see Joe try to throw hot, there was usually some miscommunication with the receiver and the ball went to no one. 

• PrimeTime likes this

wordsbyevanporter.com

@esporter

#43 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 15 January 2014 - 02:13 PM

Aaron Wilson ‏@RavensInsider 7m

Run-oriented coach like Gary Kubiak could fit Ravens' profile, according to one source. Lot of interest in the job. Fluid pro

Aaron Wilson ‏@RavensInsider 6m

League source confirms Vikings granted permission to interview Browns' Norv Turner for offensive coordinator vacancy in Minnesota

#44 PD24

PD24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,070 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 02:55 PM

According to the twitter, Gary Kubiak and Mike Martz were spotted in town yesterday.  Martz at BWI, and Kubiak https://twitter.com/...307661682413568

The Kubiak thing is a joke. 

@PeterDiLutis

#45 Hooded Viper

Hooded Viper

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,684 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 04:30 PM

Norv is who we should get but won't, we'll end up with Childress.

• jasterps likes this

#46 jasterps

jasterps
  • Members
  • 297 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 05:30 PM

Meh:

#Ravens have interviewed former #Redskins OC Kyle Shanahan for their vacant offensive coordinator position, per source.

#47 Roll Tide

Roll Tide

Banned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,851 posts
  • LocationWestminster

Posted 15 January 2014 - 05:52 PM

Puke .... I'd be disappointed!
Roll Tide

#48 JordanKough

JordanKough

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,904 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 05:58 PM

Puke .... I'd be disappointed!

Then you really haven't been paying attention.  Kyle Shanahan is a Kubiak clone.  We'd be lucky to get him, IMO.

#49 JordanKough

JordanKough

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,904 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 05:58 PM

Also given how good Garcon (a very similar WR to Smith) has done in Washington.  He should be given a very strong look IMO.  The bigger problem is that he probably jumps at the first HC gig he can get.  Do we want to give up that continuity?

#50 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,851 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 05:59 PM

Kyle Shanahan turned Alfred Morris into a monster and Pierre Garcon had a 113 reception season. I'd like to see what he could do with Torrey, Brown, and company.

• esporter likes this

#51 esporter

esporter

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 937 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 06:01 PM

I like that Kyle Shanahan is young and did some really good things in Washington in 2012 with a healthy RGIII. Helped Pierre Garcon and Alfred Morris become really productive players.

I don't like some of the things that came from "sources" in Washington while everything was falling apart there this past season.

The Ravens are smart enough to do their homework on all that stuff.

wordsbyevanporter.com

@esporter

#52 JordanKough

JordanKough

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,904 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 06:02 PM

Also, given it seemed like Caldwell was going to land a gig to a lot of insider football people, Schefter seemed sure he would somewhere, I wonder how much preparation will play a role in this interview.

I want a guy that comes in and has a ton ready to go for his interview and has ideas is tries to wow the coaching staff.  Caldwell seemed prepared enough on his own (so it's not a slight on him) but I'd love to see an OC that passed that preparation type work down to Flacco.  I wonder if the Ravens are looking for a guy that brings the right energy in that regard.

#53 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 06:05 PM

Again, Shanahan is my #2. I'd prefer to go to the man himself in Kubiak, but if we cant get him I'll take the guy who learned under him.

#54 Miller192

Miller192

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,185 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 06:06 PM

I don't know how much interest there is in Shanahan but apparently 3 head coaches told the Ravens to go get him.

• Icterus galbula and JordanKough like this
@Miller192

#55 JordanKough

JordanKough

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,904 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 06:08 PM

I don't know how much interest there is in Shanahan but apparently 3 head coaches told the Ravens to go get him.

I love the guy. 

Also to be noted, he did wonders with crap for an offensive line in Washington.  No #2 WR.  And really no real TE.  

I also think there might be something here.  Harbs does seem to be tapped into the league and listening into the good 'ol boys network in a meaningful way.

#56 jasterps

jasterps
  • Members
  • 297 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 06:10 PM

I find that interesting. How many head coaches want to see us do well? I'm suprised they take those kinds of references from other current head guys.

#57 Miller192

Miller192

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,185 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 06:17 PM

I find that interesting. How many head coaches want to see us do well? I'm suprised they take those kinds of references from other current head guys.

It's very common place.  Ravens spend a lot of time talking to other teams around the league.  

@Miller192

#58 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,380 posts
  • LocationFormerly known as allstar1579

Posted 15 January 2014 - 06:17 PM

I love the guy. 

Also to be noted, he did wonders with crap for an offensive line in Washington.  No #2 WR.  And really no real TE.  

I also think there might be something here.  Harbs does seem to be tapped into the league and listening into the good 'ol boys network in a meaningful way.

Not completely true. He had exactly the kind of line that the zone blocking running scheme needed (not a great pass protection scheme). He had a couple guys he could have gotten a lot more out of, but there were a lot of factors there. He had a STUD TE for a while this season, and he's had Davis, who is a good TE (don't pay much attention to the numbers the last year or so when he fell out of favor).

Kyle is a good OC if he can use HIS system with the types of players HE needs. This hybrid thing they were running in DC was great for a running game, and short, mobile passing, but TERRIBLE for the big plays and deep ball, which is Kyle's bread and butter. BAL might have better personnel for his kind of scheme, can't be worse than the fit in WAS.

@JeremyMStrain

#59 McNulty

McNulty

la cerveza está muy fría

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,670 posts
  • LocationBS

Posted 15 January 2014 - 06:20 PM

My money is on Mike Shanahan (Raiders), Mike Shanahan (Broncos) and Mike Shanahan (AKA Red Lobstah).

• BSLMikeLowe and JordanKough like this

@fuzydunlop

#60 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 06:27 PM

For me it's a plus that he was able to adapt and build the '12 season around Griffin and use the offense Griffin used at Baylor. That's ballsy, selfless and it worked.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=