#21 GabeFerguson

GabeFerguson

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,798 posts
  • LocationCity of Angels

Posted 31 December 2013 - 01:59 AM

I would say TE, WR, OT in the first round. Maybe DL/OLB if the right player is there.

I did a mock draft where we take a TE first, WR second, and OG 3rd which I would be pretty happy with if it turned out that way.

@gabefergy

#22 Hooded Viper

Hooded Viper

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,687 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 08:11 AM

I just can't see the Ravens letting Pita walk. I don't know why but I think they figure a way to keep him. Furstenburg takes over the deep seam route role that Dickson was supposed to have. Assuming I am right, I don't see TE as a big need, of course that could be very different come draft day.

#23 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,650 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 31 December 2013 - 08:31 AM

I am hoping we go Oline and then skill positions on offense to help Joe. 

Watching the bengals big front line made me think back to the Jamal Lewis days where the Ravens were huge and mauled teams in the run game. 

Then watching the Bengals skill positions made me realize we need to geet quicker at RB and maybe draft a WR and maybe a TE.  I like the kid from Notre Dame.  Troy Niklas.  He switched from LB to TE.  Big kid, 6 foot 6"  Should be there in second round.  Hopefully Pitta comes back and is healthy.  We did not see Dennis Pitta the last 4 games.  He tried but he was not game tough nor should we have expected him to be.

@mikeghg

#24 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,650 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 31 December 2013 - 08:33 AM

One other thing, which will affect our draft strategy for the Oline.  Need to decide the scheme for Oline.  If we are going to stay with the zone blocking scheme we will draft quicker, smaller Oline guys.  I hope we do not.  WE had more breakdowns this year than the last 3 combined IMO.

• Greg Pappas likes this
@mikeghg

#25 Greg Pappas

Greg Pappas

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,514 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 31 December 2013 - 10:42 AM

One other thing, which will affect our draft strategy for the Oline.  Need to decide the scheme for Oline.  If we are going to stay with the zone blocking scheme we will draft quicker, smaller Oline guys.  I hope we do not.  WE had more breakdowns this year than the last 3 combined IMO.

I agree. I don't like the zone blocking scheme... as I think it pigeon holes an offense's capabilities, especially when it's 3rd/4th and 1, and a group of smaller lineman need to push for that yard. It is and was a poor choice to change this past year and Harbaugh needs to recognize this failure and correct it.

Regarding the coordinators- Pees seems solid, but his failure to make adjustments concerns me, and the defense's difficulties in preventing a late score in the 4th quarter also drove me nuts. It's obvious to everyone -I think- that Caldwell isn't suited to be an OC. I'll just leave it at that.

Regarding the draft, we have a multitude of needs, including OT, C, DL, LB, TE, and WR. 

Ozzie will play the draft as he always does... ever watchful for the best player AND value on the board. With so many needs and an apparently deep draft class, he may deal down and add even more talent. Time will tell- it always does.

#26 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 01:09 AM

Here are my top 5 players who as of today I think has a pretty good chance of being available when we pick.

Note: A lot can and likely will change by the time the draft rolls around. Both in prospects moving up and down the draft board and our team needs.

In no particular order.

LB-CJ Mosley
FS-Clinton-Dix
DT-Rashead Hageman
OT- Taylor Lewan
TE- Eric Ebron

#27 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 01:32 AM

Also, I expect Kelvin Benjamin to shoot up draft boards. I would seriously consider him at 16 if he is still there. Like him more than Mike Evans.

#28 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 05 January 2014 - 09:13 PM

Matt Miller's spreadsheet on declared underclassmen:

https://docs.google....ing&pli=1&pli=1

His twitter handle is @nfldraftscout.

A lot of WRs thus far.

#29 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 09:49 PM

Matt Miller's spreadsheet on declared underclassmen:

https://docs.google....ing&pli=1&pli=1

His twitter handle is @nfldraftscout.

A lot of WRs thus far.

Good 2nd and potentially 3rd round WR talent available. Deep. It's why I'm leanind towards passing on WR in the first unless somehow Watkins drops. He won't.

#30 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 05 January 2014 - 09:54 PM

Good 2nd and potentially 3rd round WR talent available. Deep. It's why I'm leanind towards passing on WR in the first unless somehow Watkins drops. He won't.

Evans is going to be a guy the Ravens love IMO.

I could see them going Amaro before a WR though...since, as you said, there is depth there.

#31 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,542 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 05 January 2014 - 09:59 PM

Evans is going to be a guy the Ravens love IMO.

I could see them going Amaro before a WR though...since, as you said, there is depth there.

Evans is a Jimmy Graham if we use him the same way. Dude is a beast. I don't get people not liking him at all. I know the speed isn't A++, but he's going to be very good.

#32 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 10:18 PM

I can't say based on physical stature alone that I wouldn't be enticed by Evans at 16 or 17. My gut feeling is he won't be a dominant NFL WR despite his size. I think Matthews,Robinson, Beckham, possibly even Benjamin offer more value in the top half of the 2nd round.

#33 Roll Tide

Roll Tide

Banned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,851 posts
  • LocationWestminster

Posted 05 January 2014 - 10:29 PM

Agree with Rob. I think they'll try and go after a veteran C and move K.O. to RT assuming he's healthy. A line with Monroe at LT, a healthy K.O. at RT plus Yanda and a quality veteran C would be a nice start.

Could Wagner move to LG? Keep K.O. at RG and make Wagner the RT?

In my uneducated opinion, it'd be a huge mistake going into 2014 expecting Gino Gradkowski to be your starting C.

Per Jamison

"If the Ravens look at free agency, there are seven starters who will be available. The Browns' Alex Mack is the best, but he'll also be the most expensive and presumably out of the team's price range. There are aging stopgaps like Roberto Garza (Chicago), Johnathan Goodwin (San Francisco) and Dominic Raiola (Detroit), and there are more under-the-radar, 20-something prospects like Brian De La Puente (New Orleans), Ryan Wendell (New England) and Joe Hawley (Atlanta). So, there are plenty of options."

De La Puente had to fill in during their playoff win. Their didn't seem to be any drop off and the commentators mentioned it as well.
  • Mike in STL likes this
Roll Tide

#34 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,341 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 10:38 PM

Evans is a Jimmy Graham if we use him the same way. Dude is a beast. I don't get people not liking him at all. I know the speed isn't A++, but he's going to be very good.

He's a David Boston clone. Guy should be a monster.

#35 Hooded Viper

Hooded Viper

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,687 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 12:47 PM

He's a David Boston clone. Guy should be a monster.

Boston ran a 4-3 at the combine and of course his body broke down from all of the PED usage, not to mention many incidents of roid rage.

I hope he is not a Boston clone.

• BSLChrisStoner likes this

#36 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,852 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 01:16 PM

I'd love for us to take either Evans or Amaro with our first. Give Joe another big target.

#37 Roll Tide

Roll Tide

Banned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,851 posts
  • LocationWestminster

Posted 07 January 2014 - 09:05 PM

Left Tackle Greg Robinson declares for draft. It only increases our chances of getting a Left Tackle in round one.

Less than 24 hours after Auburn lost to Florida State in the BCS national championship game, left tackle Greg Robinson has announced his intention to enter the 2014 NFL draft.

Robinson has been rising up draft boards and landed at No. 9 overall on ESPN NFL Insider Mel Kiper's most recent Big Board, behind only Texas A&M's Jake Matthews among offensive tackles. There is a very good chance that Robinson will be taken in the first round, though his exact draft spot will depend a lot on how he performs at the Combine and which teams are in the market for a tackle.

The Buffalo Bills could use some O-line help and slot right in at No. 9 in the draft. The same could be said for the Tennessee Titans, who will pick just behind the Bills at No. 11. Any number of other teams could target him, depending on how heavily they weigh their needs at tackle over other positions. He may well sink down to a team like the Denver Broncos or Seattle Seahawks or up to the Atlanta Falcons at No. 6 or Tampa Bay Buccaneers at No. 7. With a great combine, he could even push Matthews to be the top tackle taken in the draft.

Here is what Kiper had to say about Robinson's potential as a pro:

Mel Kiper Jr.
Kiper's Big Board
"Has risen more than any prospect this season and may not be done. Brought in as a guard, Robinson started at left tackle in the SEC as a redshirt freshman and held his own. This year, he was dominant, with increased strength making him closer to that complete package at tackle. He moves really well, with a powerful lower half that makes him tough to push backward; he has long arms and delivers a punch. He gets a good push in the run game and can get out in front. Could become a special player at tackle."
Roll Tide

#38 Roll Tide

Roll Tide

Banned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,851 posts
  • LocationWestminster

Posted 08 January 2014 - 09:57 PM

The players understand it, thanks to the agents who are explaining it to them. Gil Brandt of NFL.com reports that 80 underclassmen already have applied for early admission to the draft. That’s seven more than last year’s record high of 73.

Brandt expects the final number to exceed 100 by next Wednesday’s deadline.

http://profootballta...nter-the-draft/

Wow ...should be a super deep draft!
Roll Tide

#39 jasterps

jasterps
  • Members
  • 297 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 10:16 PM

I think we should have 9 picks. 1,2,3,6,6 (Boldin), 7 (McKinnie) & 3 comp picks.

#40 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,520 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 08 January 2014 - 10:20 PM

I think we should have 9 picks. 1,2,3,6,6 (Boldin), 7 (McKinnie) & 3 comp picks.

Pretty sure the Ravens got the 6th rounder for Boldin in last year's draft. In fact, I'm sure they did because I recall they traded it to move up in the 2nd Round to get Arthur Brown.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=