#21 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,680 posts
  • LocationBeautiful Bel Air, MD

Posted 17 June 2012 - 10:47 PM

Falling Skies is back. I'm happy. Great summer filler television.

Same with Burn Notice; I'm still in on that show.

#22 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,373 posts
  • LocationFormerly known as allstar1579

Posted 17 June 2012 - 10:52 PM

Just watched it too. Love the USA summer shows, Covert Affairs and Suits are two more of my favorites.
@JeremyMStrain

#23 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,680 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 11:12 PM

Just watched it too. Love the USA summer shows, Covert Affairs and Suits are two more of my favorites.

I enjoy Royal Pains a lot. I lost it somewhere on the way last year, so I'm trying to decide if I want to just jump back in. Although I'm sure SO much has changed...

#24 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,373 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 11:13 PM

I enjoy Royal Pains a lot. I lost it somewhere on the way last year, so I'm trying to decide if I want to just jump back in. Although I'm sure SO much has changed...

Yeah I'm like that with that one, White Collar and Psych. For whatever reason I missed a bunch of them and then was afraid to try to jump back in to things.
@JeremyMStrain

#25 Austin

Austin
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 11:21 PM

I don't watch too much TV but I keep up with Workaholics, Parks and Rec, Louie, The Office, and Conan. I also watch an unhealthy amount of SVU reruns. I wish Party Down and Eastbound & Down were still on, those are a couple of all-time favorites.

#26 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,680 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 11:22 PM

Yeah I'm like that with that one, White Collar and Psych. For whatever reason I missed a bunch of them and then was afraid to try to jump back in to things.

I've never gotten completely into Psych. When I catch it I usually enjoy it, but never enough to make me a regular viewer. I really can't figure out why.

#27 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,680 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 11:23 PM

I don't watch too much TV but I keep up with Workaholics, Parks and Rec, Louie, The Office, and Conan. I also watch an unhealthy amount of SVU reruns. I wish Party Down and Eastbound & Down were still on, those are a couple of all-time favorites.

Those SVU reruns ended up getting me hooked on the show. Definitely more of a curse than a blessing.

#28 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,373 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 11:24 PM

I've never gotten completely into Psych. When I catch it I usually enjoy it, but never enough to make me a regular viewer. I really can't figure out why.

Yeah, I watched the first season all the way through, but by the 2nd I did the same thing you did. I don't know why, I guess just not as much TV time in the summer, between True Blood, Falling Skies, Suits, Covert Affairs, and Burn Notice, I really don't watch too much else. Maybe Food Network and Lizard Lick Towing once in a while.
@JeremyMStrain

#29 RShack

RShack

Fair-weather ex-diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,993 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 12:36 AM

I don't watch any TV series.

I'm not against doing it. I used to do it. I never watched a ton of TV series, but I used to often have one or two series that I'd watch (but no series lasts forever... and even the ones I used to watch got kinda boring and semi-lousy before they went off the air). I never *decided* to quit watching TV series. I just don't do it anymore, that's all.

I didn't even realize I didn't until I read what y'all said.
Boy, some of you guys watch a lot of TV ;-)

I have good TV's. I almost always watch the O's. I always watch Formula One racing. I watch Bill Maher on HBO (but he aggravates me). I sometimes watch Craig Ferguson. I occasionally watch Letterman. I watch some news and political shows (some because they're pretty good, others because they're bad in a useful way). I watch Charlie Rose when his guests interest me. But none of that is what you'd call a TV series.

If I was to start watching *one* TV series, what do you think it should be?

"The only change is that baseball has turned Paige from a second-class citizen to a second-class immortal." - Satchel Paige

#30 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,462 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 08:33 AM

The Wire, if you haven't already.
I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#31 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,347 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 18 June 2012 - 08:52 AM

This, Shack. It's quality from start to finish.

#32 Austin

Austin
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 10:31 AM

Shack, another critically acclaimed series that's still on TV is Breaking Bad. I'd suggest that as well. The new season starts on July 15.

#33 JHTerp01

JHTerp01
  • Members
  • 187 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 11:27 AM

Anyone else stick it out with The Killing? That show was a trainwreck, and they wrapped up the Rosie Larsen mystery last night. No way am I watching Season 3. 26 hours of bad tv is my limit. :oops:

#34 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,498 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 18 June 2012 - 12:12 PM

Anyone else stick it out with The Killing? That show was a trainwreck, and they wrapped up the Rosie Larsen mystery last night. No way am I watching Season 3. 26 hours of bad tv is my limit. :oops:

Haven't watched the finale yet but either way I'm done after this season.

#35 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,680 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 04:12 PM

Seconded on Breaking Bad, thirded on The Wire. Two great series dealing with important issues in modern America (both relating to the drug trade). Also, two of the funniest, most entertaining dramas on TV.

#36 SammyBirdland

SammyBirdland

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,019 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 04:26 PM

I'm thinking about changing my forum name to Snot Boogie.
¡Hasta la vista, pelota!

#37 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,347 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 22 June 2012 - 08:55 AM

Anyone watched Suits? I just checked out the pilot and definitely enjoyed it.

#38 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,373 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 09:24 AM

Anyone watched Suits? I just checked out the pilot and definitely enjoyed it.

One of my favorite shows, I never miss an episode.
@JeremyMStrain

#39 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,426 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 11:44 AM

I said I wouldn't watch Season 2 after they didn't wrap things up in Season 1, but I did. Just got worse and worse. If there is a Season 3, I won't be watching. The Pilot was a thing of absolute beauty, the scene with Stan at the scene when they were pulling the car out and Midge on the phone was amazing. The show just couldn't reach those heights again and so many of the twists and turns were just ridiculous. Also, I hated Linden the entire time.

The guy who plays Holder, though, has done an amazing job. I hope to see him in more roles in the future.

#40 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,426 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 11:48 AM

Thirded or whatever it's up to now.

Shack you gotta watch the Wire. I think it's the finest work of fiction that's ever been put on film. Or at least that I've seen.

I've seen the entire series about 5 or 6 times now. We started a "Canton Wire Club" since a few of my friends realized none of our girlfriends had seen it. We all got together and watched 2-3 episodes once a week. Everyone loves it. I've never spoken to anybody who started it and didn't love it. You've gotta give it the first 4-5 episodes to really get hooked into the multiple storylines, but once you're in, you'll be in forever.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=