2662 replies to this topic

#61 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,563 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 15 August 2012 - 08:35 AM

I swore off network shows once Lost was over. I might check out Last Resort but might not. I just watch cable programs where continuity is king and you can push the envelope.

Pretty much. Every show that I think looks interesting and check out on networks never pans out. Too much filler with 22-24 episodes. Reality TV is basically the only thing I watch on networks any more.

As for Falling Skies, never interested me. If it gets great reviews a few years from now maybe I'll check it out on netflix or something.

#62 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,729 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 15 August 2012 - 08:53 AM

I swore off network shows once Lost was over. I might check out Last Resort but might not. I just watch cable programs where continuity is king and you can push the envelope.

Modern Family says hello.

#63 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,563 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 15 August 2012 - 09:29 AM

I still watch it and it has a good episode every once in a while but it hasn't been the same since season one.

#64 Coker

Coker

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,553 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 10:59 AM

The only tv series that I've watched religiously in the last 6 years or so has been Game of Thrones...and before that, probably season 4 or so of LOST.

That being said, I watch most of my stuff on Netflix...and for those recommending Sherlock, they're right. Watch it. Now.

#65 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,680 posts
  • LocationBeautiful Bel Air, MD

Posted 15 August 2012 - 03:32 PM

I've never been able to get into Modern Family. I prefer Suburgatory on Wednesday nights, along with the shows ABC showed at 9:30 last year.

Oh, and I'm the person who watched almost the entire season of Whitney :P

#66 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,377 posts
  • LocationFormerly known as allstar1579

Posted 15 August 2012 - 03:46 PM

I've never been able to get into Modern Family. I prefer Suburgatory on Wednesday nights, along with the shows ABC showed at 9:30 last year.

Oh, and I'm the person who watched almost the entire season of Whitney :P

That was YOU? I mean there couldn't have been more than 2 of you. ;)
@JeremyMStrain

#67 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,680 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 04:27 PM

That was YOU? I mean there couldn't have been more than 2 of you. ;)

Hey, it got renewed, didn't it? I guess that also means I was the only person who watched Bent, since that got cancelled :lol:

It did get better through the season. I have to give it that. And since it is now paired with Community on Fridays, I'll watch again.

#68 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,563 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 15 August 2012 - 04:36 PM

I watched the first three episodes of Whitney. It wasn't good but it wasn't as terrible as I heard everyone saying. I liked it better than Up All Night which gets rave reviews for some reason...

#69 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,680 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 04:38 PM

I watched the first three episodes of Whitney. It wasn't good but it wasn't as terrible as I heard everyone saying. I liked it better than Up All Night which gets rave reviews for some reason...

Yeah, I didn't like Up All Night, either. And everything I saw about it after I stopped watching seemed to say that it never really got any better or worse.

#70 Coker

Coker

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,553 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 04:52 PM

A group of friends and I somehow watched the first episode of Whitney one night.

Man, it was bad.

#71 Mark Carver

Mark Carver

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,598 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 05:09 PM

An extended trailer for NBC Revolution. I guess I gotta set the ole DVR to see what this will be up to.

http://www.nbc.com/r... ... ew/1412424

John Keegan, a renowned British military historian, has called World War II the greatest single event in the history of mankind. - Tom Brokaw, NBC special correspondent and author of "The Greatest Generation"

#72 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,563 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 17 August 2012 - 07:32 PM

The last two seasons of Dexter have been bad but the trailer for the new season has my expectations up. Looks epic.

#73 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,356 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 17 August 2012 - 07:50 PM

The last two seasons of Dexter have been bad but the trailer for the new season has my expectations up. Looks epic.

It's apparently supposed to be better than the previous two seasons.

#74 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,680 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 06:35 PM

http://www.grantland... ... network-tv

1) I'm getting intrigued by Nashville. It sounds like the critics are liking it (or at least considering it not all that bad, which for modern network drama is fairly high praise).

2) I haven't seen Beverly Hills Cop (I know, I'm a terrible man), but from everything I've heard about it Donald Glover would be awesome for the show.

#75 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,712 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 09:29 AM

They are doing a smart thing by having this season be about what it's gonna have to be about (haven't seen the trailers). I don't think they ever could have matched Lithgow and Trinity in terms of having a worthy adversary for Dexter on his own. So making the show go down the road it appears to be based on the finale last year is the only thing that can get back to that awesomeness. Trying not to do any spoilers.

#76 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,563 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 30 August 2012 - 05:38 PM

They are doing a smart thing by having this season be about what it's gonna have to be about (haven't seen the trailers). I don't think they ever could have matched Lithgow and Trinity in terms of having a worthy adversary for Dexter on his own. So making the show go down the road it appears to be based on the finale last year is the only thing that can get back to that awesomeness. Trying not to do any spoilers.

Yeah I agree. I'm hoping both of the last two seasons are in that same vein. I can think of a few scenarios where they can go out on a high note.

#77 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,680 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 10:15 PM

Go On - The first one was OK. Sepinwall called it a watered-down version of Community, and I completely see that. Didn't see the second episode yet.

The New Normal - Watched both episodes. Enjoyed both, outside of the Ellen Barkin character. Better than I expected based on reviews.

The Mob Doctor - Pilot not particularly good, but Jordana Spiro will keep me around at least a couple episodes. Plus, the plot "twist" involving Michael Rappaport was worth watching for.

Revolution - Not a bad pilot. I'm getting a FlashForward vibe from it, though, and considering how far my opinion of that show fell in the ensuing two episodes, I'm not hopeful. It doesn't help that only part of the cast can actually act.

#78 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,377 posts
  • LocationFormerly known as allstar1579

Posted 17 September 2012 - 11:04 PM

LOVED Revolution. Getting much more of a LOST vibe than FlashForward. Kripke is an amazing TV guy, I have high hopes for this one.
@JeremyMStrain

#79 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,563 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 18 September 2012 - 05:15 PM

I'm not getting tricked into watching Revolution. Its this years version of V, FlashForward, The Event, Awake, Terra Nova etc. If it ends up being great, I'll catch up.

I'm gonna try out Last Resort, Ben and Kate, and Elementary.

#80 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,356 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 19 September 2012 - 06:43 PM

I'll try out nothing and then if I here great things, maybe I'll catch up later.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=