2667 replies to this topic

#2321 Dupin

Dupin

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,317 posts

Posted 10 July 2020 - 05:50 PM

I just mean make it interesting and entertaining. I like Burr in the show but don’t listen to Kanye so not saying you’re wrong.

I had a similar problem with Elder Cunningham when I saw The Book of Mormon on the West End.  Like dude, you're not Josh Gad.

#2322 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,623 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 10 July 2020 - 08:08 PM

Never saw Book of Mormon.

#2323 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,384 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 10 July 2020 - 08:37 PM

Never saw Book of Mormon.

It's hilarious! Well maybe not if you're a Mormon.
  • BobPhelan likes this

#2324 Mark Carver

Mark Carver

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,598 posts

Posted 14 July 2020 - 08:11 AM

John Keegan, a renowned British military historian, has called World War II the greatest single event in the history of mankind. - Tom Brokaw, NBC special correspondent and author of "The Greatest Generation"

#2325 Dupin

Dupin

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,317 posts

Posted 24 July 2020 - 10:44 PM

I'm watching it, but I'm not sure I like Cursed.  It's a good enough diversion from my main current binge, which is my first watch of The West Wing.

#2326 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,759 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 31 July 2020 - 06:48 AM

Jeremy, you see this!?

I am SO in.

Watched the first two episodes last night!

Damn the visuals are awesome!

• JeremyStrain likes this

#2327 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,759 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 03 August 2020 - 11:40 AM

Watched the first two episodes last night!

Damn the visuals are awesome!

Finished this on Saturday.  It was entertaining and I'm looking forward to the next two parts.   I kind of like how they had a bit more of the falling out between Optimus and Megatron.   I also liked that a few of the transformers weren't autobots from the get go and had to come around a bit before helping out.

• Mashed Potatoes likes this

#2328 Mashed Potatoes

Mashed Potatoes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,026 posts

Posted 06 August 2020 - 05:39 AM

Finished this on Saturday. It was entertaining and I'm looking forward to the next two parts. I kind of like how they had a bit more of the falling out between Optimus and Megatron. I also liked that a few of the transformers weren't autobots from the get go and had to come around a bit before helping out.

I always appreciate when motivations are more complicated than he's good and they're evil just because. Also loved the guardians and am looking forward to the next segments.
@DaKittenz

#2329 Dupin

Dupin

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,317 posts

Posted 09 August 2020 - 10:09 AM

I'm trying to limit how much CBS gets from me, so Lower Decks will have to wait a bit.  I think I've only had to actually pay for 2 months and I've watched all Discovery and Picard as they were released.

I am going through For All Mankind.  It's an interesting premise, but still feels like a B-show despite the production polish.  It's in a similar vein to The Man in the High Castle, but I enjoyed High Castle a lot more because it had more engaging characters.  I think they'd have done better using von Braun more, the guy playing him did great.

#2330 Mark Carver

Mark Carver

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,598 posts

Posted 24 August 2020 - 01:50 PM

John Keegan, a renowned British military historian, has called World War II the greatest single event in the history of mankind. - Tom Brokaw, NBC special correspondent and author of "The Greatest Generation"

#2331 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 61,068 posts

Posted 24 August 2020 - 01:56 PM

Had no idea they were remaking that.  Looks like they've cut out all the test pilot aspects and are solely focusing on Mercury.  That's disappointing, I know the original was long so it makes sense to cut it down some, but Yeager is the best part of the book/movie. 

I'll certainly watch.  But I really don't think it was a movie in need of a remake.  Original still holds up quite well.  

Book is fantastic for anyone looking for something read.  Mandatory reading if you're at all interested in planes or rockets or space travel.

Light this candle.

#2332 Mark Carver

Mark Carver

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,598 posts

Posted 24 August 2020 - 03:48 PM

Had no idea they were remaking that.  Looks like they've cut out all the test pilot aspects and are solely focusing on Mercury.  That's disappointing, I know the original was long so it makes sense to cut it down some, but Yeager is the best part of the book/movie. 

I'll certainly watch.  But I really don't think it was a movie in need of a remake.  Original still holds up quite well.  

Book is fantastic for anyone looking for something read.  Mandatory reading if you're at all interested in planes or rockets or space travel.

Light this candle.

It's gonna be an 8 episode TV series and yeah no Chuck Yeager.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7423322/

#2333 Dupin

Dupin

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,317 posts

Posted 28 August 2020 - 10:53 PM

Did not enjoy Avenue 5.  I know it's gonna be hard for him to top The Thick of It, but still I hoped for better than this.

#2334 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,544 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 30 August 2020 - 04:06 PM

It may be guilty pleasure quality, don't know yet, still early on - but I'm surprised at how much I'm enjoying Cobra Kai.

#2335 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,623 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 30 August 2020 - 04:10 PM

It may be guilty pleasure quality, don't know yet, still early on - but I'm surprised at how much I'm enjoying Cobra Kai.

Heard it was surprisingly good. Smart move for Netflix to pick it up. I’ll probably check it out.

#2336 BSLRoseKatz

BSLRoseKatz

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,905 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 19 September 2020 - 12:32 PM

Unsure if this would be TV or movies, but I watched the 4-part Challenger documentary on Netflix and thought it was really well-made. A lot of insightful interviews from family members and people involved in the decision to launch despite the weather. 

• BSLChrisStoner and BobPhelan like this

#2337 Dupin

Dupin

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,317 posts

Posted 23 September 2020 - 07:52 PM

My new binge is Frasier.  Really enjoying it so far.

#2338 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,623 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 23 September 2020 - 07:58 PM

My new binge is Frasier. Really enjoying it so far.

Mine is 90 Day Fiancé... you win this one.

#2339 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 23 September 2020 - 09:09 PM

Mine is 90 Day Fiancé... you win this one.

I can't bring myself to that one, but most other shows on TLC I end up checking out, out of sheer curiosity, then I end up sucked in. If I see Dr. Pimple Popper is on, my wife knows I'm not changing the channel until I see what "comes out". 

• BobPhelan likes this
@BSLMikeRandall

#2340 BSLRoseKatz

BSLRoseKatz

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,905 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 08 October 2020 - 02:38 AM

Decided to rewatch Pitch and enjoyed it just as much the second time. They really used a good variety of baseball angles for the episodes, exploring things like the trade deadline. Also they get lots of real broadcast/media people involved to make it feel more realistic. Definitely would recommend if you didn't watch it when it was on the air, perfect mix of baseball and drama. 

• BobPhelan likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=