#41 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,680 posts
  • LocationBeautiful Bel Air, MD

Posted 04 July 2012 - 08:40 PM

Describe Dallas in one sentence: OF COURSE Jerry Jones is friends with J.R. Ewing.

#42 KRL224

KRL224
  • Members
  • 495 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 01 August 2012 - 10:04 AM

Just an FYI for anyone interested, they are shooting today at Locust Point Tavern for the new Netflix series House of Cards, staring Kevin Spacey, Robin Wright, and Kate Mara.
@KRL224

#43 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,583 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 01 August 2012 - 10:32 AM

I was wondering when that show was finally going to get into production.

#44 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,378 posts
  • LocationFormerly known as allstar1579

Posted 01 August 2012 - 11:30 AM

I was wondering when that show was finally going to get into production.

Can't talk, getting in car to go meet Kate Mara...
@JeremyMStrain

#45 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,779 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 11:47 AM

I met one of the writers for that show a month or so ago. He said Spacey is real cool but Robin Wright is kind of a B.

#46 Chris B

Chris B

• Moderators
  • 22,234 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 01 August 2012 - 11:57 AM

Any new shows coming out in September that you guys are interested in?

#47 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,779 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 11:59 AM

Any new shows coming out in September that you guys are interested in?

That Revolution show looks interesting, though I fear it'll be an interesting idea for a show that flops due to terrible writing and acting, a la Terra Nova.

Also, guns work without electricity. Why is everyone carrying swords?

#48 Chris B

Chris B

• Moderators
  • 22,234 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 01 August 2012 - 12:01 PM

That Revolution show looks interesting, though I fear it'll be an interesting idea for a show that flops due to terrible writing and acting, a la Terra Nova.

Also, guns work without electricity. Why is everyone carrying swords?

Agreed on Revolution. Though I'm sure I will follow it, much like I did with Terra Nova and Alcatraz.

I'm also interested in that new ABC series. I forget the name, but they were showing it before movies (in that "First Look" episode thing). It was about a group of Navy (?) soldiers on a submarine, ordered to fire nukes at their own country.

Sounds interesting.

#49 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,680 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 02:36 PM

Last Resort, yeah. I'm also interested in Revolution, though while you ask why swords, I say why not! :P

I'm going to give Chicago Fire a shot, I think. Same with Mob Doctor, though that might be mostly out of loyalty for Jordana Spiro from My Boys. Elementary is another one. I might have to finally sit down and watch Sherlock first, though.

I'm curious to see the sitcoms for this year. NBC is pimping Go On quite a bit, which has potential (I've heard it compared to the Community pilot) and could be interesting. Unfortunately, it is going to be on a very crowded Tuesday night between Fox and ABC with a bunch of shows I already like or want to see.

#50 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,477 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 01 August 2012 - 06:35 PM

Last Resort, yeah. I'm also interested in Revolution, though while you ask why swords, I say why not! :P

I'm going to give Chicago Fire a shot, I think. Same with Mob Doctor, though that might be mostly out of loyalty for Jordana Spiro from My Boys. Elementary is another one. I might have to finally sit down and watch Sherlock first, though.

I'm curious to see the sitcoms for this year. NBC is pimping Go On quite a bit, which has potential (I've heard it compared to the Community pilot) and could be interesting. Unfortunately, it is going to be on a very crowded Tuesday night between Fox and ABC with a bunch of shows I already like or want to see.

Ohh, Sherlock is quite the treat - I'm sure you'll love it.

#51 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,378 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 07:23 PM

Saw a long trailer for Elementary before Batman, it looked pretty good. Mob Doctor could be 1/2 way decent but I wonder about Fox and dramas. I will also turn in for Spiro. Revolution looks good, but it's got high risk/reward look to it like Terra Nova (which I think they should have at least given them a 2nd season to try to get a decent plot together.

Might have to upgrade to the quad tuner DVR.
@JeremyMStrain

#52 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,477 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 01 August 2012 - 07:31 PM

Saw a long trailer for Elementary before Batman, it looked pretty good. Mob Doctor could be 1/2 way decent but I wonder about Fox and dramas. I will also turn in for Spiro. Revolution looks good, but it's got high risk/reward look to it like Terra Nova (which I think they should have at least given them a 2nd season to try to get a decent plot together.

Might have to upgrade to the quad tuner DVR.

There is such a thing? That sounds awesome. I'll have to look into this for DirecTV.

#53 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,378 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 07:36 PM

There is such a thing? That sounds awesome. I'll have to look into this for DirecTV.

Not sure if the big providers have them, but they are out there. I wanna say it was DirectTV where I saw one though. If not, a 2nd box on a different input works just as well. In the fall I brought my seldom used basement box upstairs and made a quad tuner system that way cause I had too many taping at the same time and wasn't getting downstairs enough to watch them.
@JeremyMStrain

#54 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,680 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 07:37 PM

Yeah, I saw the first episode and really enjoyed it. It's just hard to devote 90 minutes to single TV episodes, especially when I've had other things to catch up on (The Wire, Breaking Bad, Parks and Recreation, Louie, etc.); I rarely watch movies as it is.

#55 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,477 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 01 August 2012 - 07:59 PM

Yeah, I saw the first episode and really enjoyed it. It's just hard to devote 90 minutes to single TV episodes, especially when I've had other things to catch up on (The Wire, Breaking Bad, Parks and Recreation, Louie, etc.); I rarely watch movies as it is.

Yeah, that's the tough part - it's definitely a bigger commitment. It took me a while to watch them too for that reason.

#56 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,583 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 01 August 2012 - 08:44 PM

Isn't Sherlock only three episodes each season? I have to watch it eventually.

I haven't seen anything new that interests me this year but I'm sure I'll give some a try.

#57 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,477 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 01 August 2012 - 09:02 PM

Isn't Sherlock only three episodes each season? I have to watch it eventually.

I haven't seen anything new that interests me this year but I'm sure I'll give some a try.

Yes, two seasons, three episodes each. Each episode is about 90 minutes. The production value is insane, it's very well done and the casting is quite good, IMO.

#58 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,680 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 12:06 AM

You all are watching Falling Skies, right? It's getting pretty good.

#59 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,378 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 08:00 AM

You all are watching Falling Skies, right? It's getting pretty good.

I've never missed an episode :)
@JeremyMStrain

#60 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,560 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 08:20 AM

I swore off network shows once Lost was over. I might check out Last Resort but might not. I just watch cable programs where continuity is king and you can push the envelope.
I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=