2145 replies to this topic

#1981 Russ

Russ

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,296 posts

Posted 09 September 2019 - 01:54 PM

Just realized that my favorite console of all time, the Sega Dreamcast, is 20 years old today. Launched on 9/9/99.

I remember playing NBA2k on that and being blown away. Great system.

#1982 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,753 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 12 September 2019 - 08:18 AM

This years nominees for the Toy Hall of Fame.

https://www.apnews.c...0ff39aa44dff70e

3 get picked, my choices are Risk, Care Bears, and Matchbox Cars.  Although it pains me to leave out He-Man (I dressed up as him for Halloween 2 years in a row!) Matchbox cars are timeless.

I'm also okay with MLP or the CornPopper being inducted.  Having said that I will flip all of the tables if the smart phone gets in, yes I'm serious!

#1983 Mark Carver

Mark Carver

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,598 posts

Posted 08 October 2019 - 01:22 PM

Car, deer accident on the PA Turnpike this morning around 7:00 near Mechanicsburg PA. The driver is a first responder in Bedford Co PA. No serious injuries to the driver and 3 passengers.

72538184_2722589101124738_82761402312000

72481993_2722589214458060_18185754390193

John Keegan, a renowned British military historian, has called World War II the greatest single event in the history of mankind. - Tom Brokaw, NBC special correspondent and author of "The Greatest Generation"

#1984 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,753 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 08 October 2019 - 01:25 PM

Was it one of those Zombie deer?

#1985 Mark Carver

Mark Carver

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,598 posts

Posted 27 October 2019 - 11:33 AM

Got a few bucks laying around to buy a car. How about the 1968 Mustang used by Steve McQueen in Bullitt. Going up for auction in 2020...

rg-detroit-ford-mustang-bullitt-1-970x64

https://www.hemmings...kissimmee-sale/

• Mike in STL likes this

John Keegan, a renowned British military historian, has called World War II the greatest single event in the history of mankind. - Tom Brokaw, NBC special correspondent and author of "The Greatest Generation"

#1986 Mark Carver

Mark Carver

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,598 posts

Posted 10 November 2019 - 07:50 PM

t_503183d69aa844c28bdcfe9f01961220_name_

#1987 Mark Carver

Mark Carver

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,598 posts

Posted 11 November 2019 - 09:45 AM

arountwnVeterans_Day_Ceremony_t750x550.j

• Mackus likes this

#1988 Mark Carver

Mark Carver

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,598 posts

Posted 07 December 2019 - 09:50 AM

Today, 78 years ago... at 7:55 a.m. Hawaii time, a Japanese dive bomber bearing the red symbol of the Rising Sun of Japan on its wings appears out of the clouds above the island of Oahu. A swarm of 360 Japanese warplanes followed, descending on the U.S. naval base at Pearl Harbor in a ferocious assault. The surprise attack struck a critical blow against the U.S. Pacific fleet and drew the United States irrevocably into World War II. The bombing killed more than 2,300 Americans. It completely destroyed the American battleship U.S.S. Arizona and capsized the U.S.S. Oklahoma. The attack sank or beached a total of twelve ships and damaged nine others. 160 aircraft were destroyed and 150 others damaged. The attack took the country by surprise, especially the ill-prepared Pearl Harbor base.

battleship-attack-Pearl-Harbor-Japanese-

#1989 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,620 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 12 December 2019 - 07:48 PM

The ocean is deep...

https://neal.fun/dee...029ion=whatElse
  • BSLChrisStoner, DJ MC and DuffMan like this

#1990 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,339 posts

Posted 28 January 2020 - 09:55 PM

Challenger...34 years ago today. Was home with chickenpox. Was watching Night Rider on VCR, when we saw.

#1991 glenn__davis

glenn__davis

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,464 posts

Posted 19 February 2020 - 09:08 AM

I booed a HS athlete last night.  Swore I'd never do it.

My son has wrestling practice at the local high school, so when they have events there I stick around and watch.  There was a men's BB game last night.  The local team is not that great and they were getting trounced by a pretty good team.  To the tune of 30+.  With about 10 seconds to go in the game our team scored and they inbounded the ball.  Our team basically quit playing defense, assuming they'd just dribble out the clock.  Well with about 4 seconds left the guy with the ball took off and scored a layup at the buzzer.  

I booed the kid.  He deserved it lol.

• Adam Wolff and You Play to Win the Game like this

#1992 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,753 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 26 February 2020 - 02:29 PM

https://www.vice.com...o-public-domain

This sounds awesome and here's the link that takes you directly to their site.

https://www.si.edu/openaccess

• Mark Carver likes this

#1993 Don Quixote

Don Quixote

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,055 posts

Posted 26 March 2020 - 02:05 PM

Just saying hey on what would have been Opening Day.

• BSLChrisStoner and glenn__davis like this

#1994 glenn__davis

glenn__davis

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,464 posts

Posted 01 April 2020 - 02:43 PM

I've been e-mailing a supplier back and forth all day, and I've realized that on every e-mail back, she deletes the entire chain prior to her response.  So that the only information in the e-mail that I receive is her latest e-mail.  I've never seen anyone do this - what would the rationale be?  I don't really care that she's doing it - I'm just trying to figure out why you would take the time to do that every time.  Unless your e-mail is set-up that way which a) I can't imagine it is and b) if it is, again why?

Just weird.

#1995 McNulty

McNulty

la cerveza está muy fría

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,670 posts
  • LocationBS

Posted 01 April 2020 - 02:45 PM

To avoid responsibility. The Bahamians did it every time, and refused to give their name over the phone. It’s so easily diffused though.

@fuzydunlop

#1996 Don Quixote

Don Quixote

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,055 posts

Posted 11 April 2020 - 01:13 AM

Back home, there's a white oak that's right next to the house, and a good portion of it is over top. Unfortunately, it's developed an increasing lean in recent years, and will probably need to be cut down this year, as the house and deck are becoming too endangered. Over the years it's served as the main shade tree on the back side of the house and over the deck, and has usually been a rather massive producer of acorns. When late summer and fall would come around, I would always enjoy looking at the different shapes, sizes, and colors of the acorns that would fall from the tree, though, occasionally, I'd gain slight injury and consternation from getting hit in the head by one, too. I likewise enjoyed taking my dad's Marksman slingshot and shooting some of them into the woods beyond the old garden. Many times, I would look for double-trunk trees so I could shoot through the gap, while other times, I would try to devise other methods of target practice, or maybe see just how far I could shoot one of those acorns. There was, after all, no shortage of great fliers at my disposal. It was all simple stuff, but I liked it.

Sometimes I wonder whether any of the acorns I let fly back then ended up taking root, becoming another nice white oak. I'll probably never know, but I do know I'll miss the tree from which they came, and all the things it's given. Among them: the barren limbs of winter, giving a glimpse of ever-changing arboreal construction; the leaf-out, heralding the arrival of spring in earnest; the growing shade, providing shelter from summer sun and showers alike; and the change and fall of the leaves as the late months draw on, bringing along what else but that wonderful multitude of acorns. 

• Mackus likes this

#1997 RShack

RShack

Fair-weather ex-diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,994 posts

Posted 11 April 2020 - 02:09 AM

Back home, there's a white oak that's right next to the house, and a good portion of it is over top. Unfortunately, it's developed an increasing lean in recent years, and will probably need to be cut down this year, as the house and deck are becoming too endangered. Over the years it's served as the main shade tree on the back side of the house and over the deck, and has usually been a rather massive producer of acorns. When late summer and fall would come around, I would always enjoy looking at the different shapes, sizes, and colors of the acorns that would fall from the tree, though, occasionally, I'd gain slight injury and consternation from getting hit in the head by one, too. I likewise enjoyed taking my dad's Marksman slingshot and shooting some of them into the woods beyond the old garden. Many times, I would look for double-trunk trees so I could shoot through the gap, while other times, I would try to devise other methods of target practice, or maybe see just how far I could shoot one of those acorns. There was, after all, no shortage of great fliers at my disposal. It was all simple stuff, but I liked it.

Sometimes I wonder whether any of the acorns I let fly back then ended up taking root, becoming another nice white oak. I'll probably never know, but I do know I'll miss the tree from which they came, and all the things it's given. Among them: the barren limbs of winter, giving a glimpse of ever-changing arboreal construction; the leaf-out, heralding the arrival of spring in earnest; the growing shade, providing shelter from summer sun and showers alike; and the change and fall of the leaves as the late months draw on, bringing along what else but that wonderful multitude of acorns. 

JFC, dude... officially speaking, that's gonna be called prose... but it's really poetry...  it's just wonderful...

It's an ode to a dying tree-member of your family... and a lovely pondering about its offspring-and-you... damn...

"The only change is that baseball has turned Paige from a second-class citizen to a second-class immortal." - Satchel Paige

#1998 RShack

RShack

Fair-weather ex-diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,994 posts

Posted 11 April 2020 - 02:17 AM

Got a few bucks laying around to buy a car. How about the 1968 Mustang used by Steve McQueen in Bullitt. Going up for auction in 2020...

$3.7 million... https://www.cnn.com/...rice/index.html

"The only change is that baseball has turned Paige from a second-class citizen to a second-class immortal." - Satchel Paige

#1999 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 11 April 2020 - 12:19 PM

If I’m not mistaken, 7 hubcaps flew off the car in the big chase scene.
@BSLMikeRandall

#2000 RShack

RShack

Fair-weather ex-diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,994 posts

Posted 11 April 2020 - 10:33 PM

If I’m not mistaken, 7 hubcaps flew off the car in the big chase scene.

Hmm... not sure if that was the Mustang or the to-be-exploded Dodge... but somebody lost hubcaps...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=