112 replies to this topic

#41 ChaosLex

ChaosLex

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,836 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 05:02 PM

I had such a weird relationship with RShack. I disagreed with him on a myriad of issues (although I have no doubt he has a great baseball IQ than mine), but we were always courteous to each other.

Anyway, after t-bag signed with the MFY's, I made a joking remark right before the season that someone should throw a battery at t-bag in the on deck circle. I included emoticons as well, so I thought I made it clear I was joking. Well, RShack negrepped me and left a lengthy diatribe about how I'm worse than Hitler and how he'll consider giving me positive rep in the future if I apologize. I neg repped him back with the comment, "are you for f*cking real!?" if memory serves. LOL

We got into a few rep battles after that, but nothing major. Although I will admit that I took some glee when he got probably the most negative rep of all-time for posting a thread telling O's fans they should be ashamed of themselves. God, I wish I could track that down again. 

@ChaosLex

Stannis Baratheon: "For the night is dark and full of terrors."

#42 ChaosLex

ChaosLex

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,836 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 05:03 PM

That's interesting since Nickle is the BSL co-captain of negatively calling games over.

Haha. We actually talked about this recently. Nickle and I have both done a complete 180 on the team. :D

@ChaosLex

Stannis Baratheon: "For the night is dark and full of terrors."

#43 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 18 November 2013 - 05:26 PM

So is this basically the first BSL "roast" in history?

Good call!

@levineps

#44 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 18 November 2013 - 05:28 PM

That's interesting since Nickle is the BSL co-captain of negatively calling games over.

Is it just me or do certain people only start posting when disaster strikes on the game threads?

@levineps

#45 SBTarheel

SBTarheel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,851 posts
  • LocationEldersburg, Md

Posted 18 November 2013 - 05:29 PM

I remember this one time that SG was a nice guy...

Oh wait, that wasn't him. Never mind. 

:)

• You Play to Win the Game likes this
@beginthebegin71

#46 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 18 November 2013 - 05:29 PM

I had such a weird relationship with RShack. I disagreed with him on a myriad of issues (although I have no doubt he has a great baseball IQ than mine), but we were always courteous to each other.

Anyway, after t-bag signed with the MFY's, I made a joking remark right before the season that someone should throw a battery at t-bag in the on deck circle. I included emoticons as well, so I thought I made it clear I was joking. Well, RShack negrepped me and left a lengthy diatribe about how I'm worse than Hitler and how he'll consider giving me positive rep in the future if I apologize. I neg repped him back with the comment, "are you for f*cking real!?" if memory serves. LOL

We got into a few rep battles after that, but nothing major. Although I will admit that I took some glee when he got probably the most negative rep of all-time for posting a thread telling O's fans they should be ashamed of themselves. God, I wish I could track that down again. 

I don't mind some sensationalism and exaggeration, but I think the Hitler comparisons are always in bad taste.

@levineps

#47 Miller192

Miller192

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,185 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 05:30 PM

So Ricker and Cerrano got into it?

@Miller192

#48 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,538 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 18 November 2013 - 05:32 PM

I don't mind some sensationalism and exaggeration, but I think the Hitler comparisons are always in bad taste.

RShack was a history buff, so I'm sure he was just making a reference on principle. In any event, I agree there's no reason for it. Why not just say something else?

Anywho, as time went on, I came to respect RShack because he always made me think. He could always be counted on to provide a different angle on things and help shape your perspective. I didn't even agree with him most of the time, and I never understood why he would just troll, troll troll about any kind of trade reference or really any other general displeasure about the O's when they were in the midst of being the worst team in baseball over the course of a decade and a half. I certainly understand why so many couldn't tolerate it though.

#49 SBTarheel

SBTarheel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,851 posts
  • LocationEldersburg, Md

Posted 18 November 2013 - 05:33 PM

I loved arguing with RShack, but never took him too seriously.  One night really late, we were "talking" over there and he told me his life story basically, dude had been through a lot. 

Lost a Daughter if I remember correctly, which is basically the worst thing I could ever imagine. I always kept that in the back of my mind when we would get "heated". I liked him though, and hope he's doing well. 

@beginthebegin71

#50 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,538 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 18 November 2013 - 05:34 PM

So Ricker and Cerrano got into it?

Since I keep getting messages about this, and I'm sure Pedro has too...

Here it is, page 3: http://www.baltimore...d-we-see/page-3

#51 SBTarheel

SBTarheel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,851 posts
  • LocationEldersburg, Md

Posted 18 November 2013 - 05:38 PM

This thread is another great example of why it's awesome that this board exists...

A lot of "relationships" (not to be too melodramatic, but I couldn't think of another word) started over there, and I know that A TON of us were really fed up with leadership, and were really excited when a new spot opened up that we could still hang with the people we liked. 

Ok,done being sappy. 

Plus, I hated my screen name at OH after a while..

• JeremyStrain likes this
@beginthebegin71

#52 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,383 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 18 November 2013 - 05:41 PM

RShack was a history buff, so I'm sure he was just making a reference on principle. In any event, I agree there's no reason for it. Why not just say something else?

Anywho, as time went on, I came to respect RShack because he always made me think. He could always be counted on to provide a different angle on things and help shape your perspective. I didn't even agree with him most of the time, and I never understood why he would just troll, troll troll about any kind of trade reference or really any other general displeasure about the O's when they were in the midst of being the worst team in baseball over the course of a decade and a half. I certainly understand why so many couldn't tolerate it though.

Yeah, but he must have provoked really basic thoughts since your IQ is < 50. ;)

#53 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,538 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 18 November 2013 - 05:43 PM

Yeah, but he must have provoked really basic thoughts since your IQ is < 50. ;)

Oh yeah... very basic stuff, like peanut butter going with jelly, and the team that finishes with the most wins in the AL East wins the division. Stuff like that. :lol:

#54 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,383 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 18 November 2013 - 05:48 PM

Oh yeah... very basic stuff, like peanut butter going with jelly, and the team that finishes with the most wins in the AL East wins the division. Stuff like that. :lol:

Can you imagine RShack writing a 3,000 work post on peanut butter and jelly?

#55 SBTarheel

SBTarheel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,851 posts
  • LocationEldersburg, Md

Posted 18 November 2013 - 05:50 PM

I'm probably the most mild mannered person I know, never really fight with anyone, might disagree, but rarely turns into anything...

The one time I lost it over on OH was with OldFan (he was mentioned earlier in this thread) with his "Kids don't belong at baseball games" thread. I was furious. My kids were really young at the time, and he said any parent who brings little ones to the games puts their kids in danger. I lost my mind. 

Good times

• mweb08 and Miller192 like this
@beginthebegin71

#56 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 18 November 2013 - 05:50 PM

I seem to recall a bunch of non-sports references. Aren't we at or close to the one year mark of when RShack stopped posting?

@levineps

#57 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,380 posts
  • LocationFormerly known as allstar1579

Posted 18 November 2013 - 05:52 PM

I'm probably the most mild mannered person I know, never really fight with anyone, might disagree, but rarely turns into anything...

The one time I lost it over on OH was with OldFan (he was mentioned earlier in this thread) with his "Kids don't belong at baseball games" thread. I was furious. My kids were really young at the time, and he said any parent who brings little ones to the games puts their kids in danger. I lost my mind. 

Good times

Haha that one was great. I think I said something to the effect of 100 year old people don't belong at games either but you keep going.
  • SportsGuy, SBTarheel, You Play to Win the Game and 1 other like this
@JeremyMStrain

#58 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Good times

I mean baseball isn't a family friendly sport or anything. One thing I like about the minor leagues is the family-friendly seating, no reason IMO, the O's can't designate a "no alcohol, no cursing" section.

@levineps

#59 Miller192

Miller192

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,185 posts

Good times

I went ape shit over that myself

@Miller192

#60 SBTarheel

SBTarheel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,851 posts
  • LocationEldersburg, Md

Posted 18 November 2013 - 05:58 PM

I went ape shit over that myself

I remember you in there as well...Scott Hoffman too. 

Man, I never get emotional over stuff like message board drama, but damn if that didn't infuriate me. i even put up pictures of my kids smiling at the ballpark...Didn't phase that old man one bit. Bless his heart. 

@beginthebegin71

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=