#41 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,477 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 18 February 2014 - 10:11 AM

Well more like fall and winter. The seasons usually start around Halloween.

They definitely could trim down the number of episodes.

I agree. And mainly with your point above about how here hasn't been any real plot advancement in a while, just chasing their tails basically. Really annoying, because as you said, it is fun when it's good.

#42 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,560 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 10:44 AM

I've never read the comics, so I am sure there are some new ideas and developments they can explore. I know the comics are held in high regard.

It'll be interesting to see what happens with Lizzie...the bunny butcher.

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#43 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,477 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 18 February 2014 - 10:46 AM

I've never read the comics, so I am sure there are some new ideas and developments they can explore. I know the comics are held in high regard.

It'll be interesting to see what happens with Lizzie...the bunny butcher.

I haven't either, but yeah apparently they are good, so I have some hope remaining. End of the day, they're drawing it out as long as they can to make money. For instance, Season 2 at the farm, in the comics, it was only like 2 episodes worth. That's just ridiculous and annoying.

#44 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,779 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 10:50 AM

Thought the 2nd episode was much better than the 1st.  For the second half, that is.  I typically like when they break away and show an episode with fewer characters, but I just didn't care so much about the Rick/Carl stuff "I'm a man" "No you're a kid".  We've seen enough of that.  It'd be better if they weren't having the conversation between themselves and instead just seeing Carl experience the conflicting emotions there.  When the action matches the dialogue, it's a bit too over the top.

Also, come on, there's a train track within walking distance of the prison, with a big sign right at the start of it telling them about some sanctuary, and neither the prison folks nor the sanctuary people knew about each other?

#45 SammyBirdland

SammyBirdland

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,019 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 01:25 PM

So do these Walking Dead zombies live forever without food or water?  Do they ever die of natural causes?

If they live forever, they need to rig up some sort of treadmill electrical generators.  This could be the next generation of power and the answer to the oil crisis.

• Markus likes this
¡Hasta la vista, pelota!

#46 ChaosLex

ChaosLex

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,836 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 04:22 PM

I gotta say that scene with Michonne in the little girl's room... it messed me up good. :(

@ChaosLex

Stannis Baratheon: "For the night is dark and full of terrors."

#47 ChaosLex

ChaosLex

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,836 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 03:38 PM

This is another one that got me. 

Michonne has had the best scenes this year, IMO. 

@ChaosLex

#48 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,560 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 06:11 PM

Nice to see another side to what had been a very one dimensional character. And I guess it was just implied that the 2 walkers she had when she first showed up we're the guys from that scene. Pretty messed up.
I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#49 SammyBirdland

SammyBirdland

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,019 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 09:36 AM

This week on AMC's The Walking Dead, the show finally receives official permission from the network to use the middle finger.

¡Hasta la vista, pelota!

#50 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,680 posts
  • LocationBeautiful Bel Air, MD

Posted 03 March 2014 - 04:35 PM

This week on AMC's The Walking Dead, the show finally receives official permission from the network to use the middle finger.

Do they have to blur it out?

@DJ_McCann

#51 SammyBirdland

SammyBirdland

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,019 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 04:49 PM

Do they have to blur it out?

Nope, it was uncensored.  So edgy.

¡Hasta la vista, pelota!

#52 ChaosLex

ChaosLex

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,836 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 09:03 PM

Nice to see another side to what had been a very one dimensional character. And I guess it was just implied that the 2 walkers she had when she first showed up we're the guys from that scene. Pretty messed up.

Yeah, in the comics one was her boyfriend and the other was his best friend. 

@ChaosLex

#53 The Epic

The Epic

^^ That's my name. Don't wear it out.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,147 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 17 March 2014 - 03:25 PM

So nobody's going to talk about how TWD went absolutely batshit last night?

Ok then.

Because wow.

#54 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,477 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 17 March 2014 - 03:30 PM

So nobody's going to talk about how TWD went absolutely batshit last night?

Ok then.

Because wow.

It did, but who cares? I mean seriously, those characters had only been there for a season, and yet again, there is really no real plot advancement. I'm so tired of the same old thing being constantly regurgitated time and time again.

I'm just about done with this show to be honest.

#55 The Epic

The Epic

^^ That's my name. Don't wear it out.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,147 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 17 March 2014 - 04:04 PM

It did, but who cares? I mean seriously, those characters had only been there for a season, and yet again, there is really no real plot advancement. I'm so tired of the same old thing being constantly regurgitated time and time again.

I think this was the first time where something this half of the season actually "happened".

But yeah, they're just treading water this half-season, and everybody knows it!

#56 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,378 posts
  • LocationFormerly known as allstar1579

Posted 17 March 2014 - 04:09 PM

Yeah as Epic said, this is just kinda reboot time, and trying to get you invested in certain members of the group that may or may not be long for this world.

Like you said, it's not really impactful when they kill off someone you aren't invested in, and they killed off so many of the big names all the time, we are kinda numb to it. So they need to reset and make you comfortable that a certain group of people are the core of the show before BAM! Shot in the head.

@JeremyMStrain

#57 SammyBirdland

SammyBirdland

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,019 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 01:56 PM

PXpS14T.jpg

• JeremyStrain and Markus like this
¡Hasta la vista, pelota!

#58 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,560 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 03:54 PM

It wasn't so much that they killed off two minor-ish characters, it was how they did it. They were kids, and neither one of them was killed by a zombie. 

I think the episode was pretty good, I didn't expect it at all. But that's what this show does, catches you off guard when you least expect it.

It's still a very flawed show and a chore to watch but last episode was much less of a chore than some other episodes.

• SammyBirdland likes this

#59 ChaosLex

ChaosLex

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,836 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 09:19 PM

So, who dies on the season finale? I'm guessing either Glenn or Maggie after their happy reunion on the penultimate episode of the season. 

@ChaosLex

#60 BSLMattJergensen

BSLMattJergensen

Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 978 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 07:14 PM

This season has had it ups and downs. I feel that this second half of season 4 they've been sort of stuck in the Hershel's farm loop of "Where's Sofia?" for six episodes. Now it's getting everyone to link back up at Terminus and giving them another human group to combat with.

Joe's claimed group has promise and seems like an interesting character. Tonight has me interested and I think they need to off a major character to freshen things up.

Glenn or Maggie isn't a bad idea though I'm thinking maybe Carol.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=