280 replies to this topic

#21 ChaosLex

ChaosLex

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,836 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 09:37 AM

Any chance that Lizzie and/or her sis join up with the group eventually? Not sure I can take the constant fistbumping. Haha.

Lizzie might be a good love interest for Rick now, especially since Andrea's dead (i.e., she's Rick's current love interest in the comics, so obviously they'll have to make some changes, seeing as she's, err... dead on the show).

Looking forward to Abraham being introduced in the 2nd half of the season.

Michael-Cudlitz-Josh-McDermitt-join-Walk

@ChaosLex

Stannis Baratheon: "For the night is dark and full of terrors."

#22 SammyBirdland

SammyBirdland

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,019 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 09:51 AM

So I watched the latest episode after all the hype.  Now I'm wondering if I need to go back and catch up on the rest of this crappy season.

¡Hasta la vista, pelota!

#23 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,455 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 10:26 AM

So I watched the latest episode after all the hype.  Now I'm wondering if I need to go back and catch up on the rest of this crappy season.

Nope. if you watch any, watch the 2 Governor episodes before the finale and know that Carol was exiled for killing sick characters before they turned, including Tyrese's girlfriend.

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#24 ChaosLex

ChaosLex

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,836 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 04:33 PM

I'm still not convinced it was Carol. My money is it's one of the blonde-haired girl. Specifically, the quiet one and Carol took the fall for it. 

@ChaosLex

#25 Markus

Markus

The Great Cornholio

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,363 posts
  • LocationIn-N-Out Sucks, CA

Posted 09 December 2013 - 05:05 PM

I'm still not convinced it was Carol. My money is it's one of the blonde-haired girl. Specifically, the quiet one and Carol took the fall for it. 

I've read this theory online in the past week too. It's not all that bad of an idea but to me the only sticking point would be how either Lizzie or the little blonde girl was able to actually carry the dead weight of either of those 2 bodies outside to burn 'em.
  • ChaosLex likes this

Lemme get two claps and a Ric Flair

#26 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,455 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 06:34 PM

Yeah I don't buy the kids having done it. Heck I barely buy Carol doing it.
I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#27 ChaosLex

ChaosLex

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,836 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 07:45 PM

In the comics, there's a pair of twin boys and it's discovered that one of them is doing really f-ed up stuff, including torturing animals. Kinda reminds me of Rick and the group finding the ripped apart rat in the mid-season finale. Because I'm kinda getting into spoiler territory, I'm not going to say anything else. 

Anyway, I'm just wondering if the two girls are acting as surrogates for the twin boys in the TV series. 

@ChaosLex

#28 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,455 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 09:46 PM

Could be...and if so I think they'll need to play up the girls mentality for them to be able to do this. I don't buy it as of yet.

#29 Matt

Matt

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,571 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 12:50 PM

I've read this theory online in the past week too. It's not all that bad of an idea but to me the only sticking point would be how either Lizzie or the little blonde girl was able to actually carry the dead weight of either of those 2 bodies outside to burn 'em.

Yeah, they wouldn't be able to drag both bodies. Even if it was them who killed the people they would have needed help from an adult with the weight of the bodies.

#30 SammyBirdland

SammyBirdland

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,019 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 04:25 PM

Happy 45th (!) birthday to Norman Reedus (Daryl).

¡Hasta la vista, pelota!

#31 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 155,701 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 11:16 PM

I'm not a super-fan... my wife is though, so I often watch it with her...

Thought tonight's episode was pretty good.

#32 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,343 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 10 February 2014 - 11:39 AM

This show has gotten incredibly boring to me. I'm tired of the same old thriller scenes, and basically zero plot advancement. First two seasons were very good, after that, quite bad, IMO.

#33 SammyBirdland

SammyBirdland

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,019 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 12:21 PM

This show has gotten incredibly boring to me. I'm tired of the same old thriller scenes, and basically zero plot advancement. First two seasons were very good, after that, quite bad, IMO.

You're onto something.   AMC fired the original writer (Frank Darabont, who is awesome) after season one.  They also implemented a bunch of cost-saving measures, such as more indoor scenes because filming outside is harder/more epensive.

Check out this review (warning, language):

¡Hasta la vista, pelota!

#34 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,373 posts
  • LocationFormerly known as allstar1579

Posted 10 February 2014 - 12:24 PM

There are great episodes mixed in, but in general you are right. Too many "filler" episodes mixed in among a couple of great episodes. Been this way every season.

@JeremyMStrain

#35 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 155,701 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 12:26 PM

That's part of the reason I've never got into the show much. Thought last night was good due to the son's interaction with Rick.

#36 Markus

Markus

The Great Cornholio

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,363 posts
  • LocationIn-N-Out Sucks, CA

Posted 11 February 2014 - 01:11 AM

beeafb641e139009015980911ea68aa6.jpg

I kid, I kid. :)

Lemme get two claps and a Ric Flair

#37 SammyBirdland

SammyBirdland

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,019 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 04:37 PM

OVS8FUU.jpg

• You Play to Win the Game likes this
¡Hasta la vista, pelota!

#38 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,455 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 09:54 AM

How many episodes are there in a TWD season? Twelve? Even that seems like a lot.

Maybe they should trim down the seasons to 8 or 10 episodes.

There are a lot of filler episodes, and when the show is good, it's a fun show.

But they really haven't tread new ground since season 2. They've basically gone in circles.

#39 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,343 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 18 February 2014 - 09:56 AM

How many episodes are there in a TWD season? Twelve? Even that seems like a lot.

Maybe they should trim down the seasons to 8 or 10 episodes.

There are a lot of filler episodes, and when the show is good, it's a fun show.

But they really haven't tread new ground since season 2. They've basically gone in circles.

Of late, the model has been 16 episode seasons split into two seasons... one in the summer, one in the winter.

#40 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,455 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 10:01 AM

Of late, the model has been 16 episode seasons split into two seasons... one in the summer, one in the winter.

Well more like fall and winter. The seasons usually start around Halloween.

They definitely could trim down the number of episodes.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=