412 replies to this topic

#61 Matt_P

Matt_P

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,552 posts

Posted 27 August 2015 - 08:23 AM

I said I think that stat is likely counting his numbers against players in an organizational top-20 chart.  Didn't say anything else about it.

Right. And I was explaining what I meant when I implied there were too many players in that chart. Not that 30*20 shouldn't equal 600 but that I want something that gives me a smaller sample then 60%.

#62 Coker

Coker

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,553 posts

Posted 27 August 2015 - 08:28 AM

Yeah pretty sure it's only organisational wise, based off the MLBPipeline rankings I think. The site is MLBFarm.com
  • Mackus and Matt_P like this

#63 Matt_P

Matt_P

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,552 posts

Posted 27 August 2015 - 08:36 AM

Yeah pretty sure it's only organisational wise, based off the MLBPipeline rankings I think. The site is MLBFarm.com

Thanks.

#64 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,998 posts

Posted 11 September 2015 - 12:53 PM

Finished cold in Bowie.  143/211/257/468 over his final 10 games (957 OPS for his first 10 games in Bowie).  Ended with a 729 OPS overall, but very small sample of only 20 games at AA.

Probably is just cherry-picking stats and doesn't mean much, but each time he's moved up in level he's started fairly cold before starting to really rake.  First 20 games in Delmarva last year he had a 603 OPS, 907 OPS the rest of the way.  First 20 games in Frederick this year he had a 710 OPS, 837 OPS the rest of the way.  And now a 729 OPS in his first taste at Bowie.

Pretty exctied to see how he does next year.  Starting at Bowie as a 21 y/o is encouraging, hope the bat continues to play and his defensive development answers the questions there.

• Greg Pappas likes this

#65 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,314 posts

Posted 02 November 2015 - 08:51 AM

Orioles.com: Orioles in the AFL: Young Sisco among talented company

http://m.orioles.mlb...ona-fall-league

#66 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,314 posts

Posted 02 March 2016 - 10:28 AM

Per Reggie Yinger / Feb 1st
http://baltimorespor...e-sisco-others/

Sisco is a catching prospect that probably everyone has heard of. However, you’ve also probably read that he needs to work on his defense. Yes, his defense needs work, but he made tremendous improvements last season. Not only defensively, but working with pitchers and calling games, working to the strengths of each pitcher – not just putting down the finger for a fastball every pitch. The big thing to remember is that when the 2016 season starts, Sisco will only be 21 years old. He’ll be a terrific offensive catcher who is improving his defense at the Double-A level. Offensively, everything you read and see is true. From his approach at the plate to his swing, he has a great ability to barrel up pitches and spray them to any part of the field. He’s not going to be a power hitter and that is fine, because he knows how to take his walks and make solid contact. Pitchers would try and “fool” Sisco by doubling-up on change-ups; however, Sisco was able to make the adjustment and hit the ball to left field. I personally refer to him as a “Joey Votto type”.

Going Forward: If you focus on the area of defense, Sisco has an above-average arm and has a good probability at remaining at the catching position. He will have plenty of time and opportunity to improve his game calling and defensive technique behind the plate, as again, he will 21 years old when the season begins. I expect him to open and remain in Bowie (AA) for 2016.

#67 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,314 posts

Posted 14 March 2016 - 01:40 PM

PressBox: Orioles' Chance Sisco Confident He Can Stick At Catcher
https://www.pressbox...tick-at-catcher

#68 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,998 posts

Posted 10 May 2016 - 01:39 PM

Not much pop, but hitting for a great average and drawing a ton of walks to start the year at AA.

342/462/421/883 slash line through his first 94 PAs. 

#69 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,314 posts

Posted 09 July 2016 - 10:31 AM

MASN: Solid bat, improved defense have led Chance Sisco to the Futures Game
http://www.masnsport...tures-game.html

#70 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,314 posts

Posted 14 August 2016 - 10:24 AM

Season:

98 games, 357 ab's, .317 baa, 2 hr's, 35 rbi, 25 doubles, 53 bb's, 68 k's, .406 obp, .815 OPS

#71 Stringer Bell

Stringer Bell

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,780 posts

Posted 14 August 2016 - 03:43 PM

Season:   98 games, 357 ab's, .317 baa, 2 hr's, 35 rbi, 25 doubles, 53 bb's, 68 k's, .406 obp, .815 OPS

Could Chance be the rare starting catcher/lead off hitter? He could provide great value despite the relative lack of power if so.

#72 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,314 posts

Posted 14 August 2016 - 03:44 PM

Could Chance be the rare starting catcher/lead off hitter? He could provide great value despite the relative lack of power if so.

He does sound like Jason Kendall.

#73 CA-ORIOLE

CA-ORIOLE

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,323 posts
  • LocationSOCAL

Posted 14 August 2016 - 08:02 PM

He does sound like Jason Kendall.

Sounds like a Brady fitness candidate. Pump him up.

#74 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,680 posts
  • LocationBeautiful Bel Air, MD

Posted 14 August 2016 - 08:19 PM

Sounds like a Brady fitness candidate. Pump him up.

sarHTv.gif

• JordanKough likes this
@DJ_McCann

#75 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 01 September 2016 - 05:15 PM

New Norfolk C Chance Sisco hits a grand slam in his first Triple-A game. #Orioles

In AAA now(and yes I realize the season is almost over but still)...Gotta think there's a good chance he is on the roster on OD next year.

#76 CA-ORIOLE

CA-ORIOLE

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,323 posts
  • LocationSOCAL

Posted 01 September 2016 - 08:54 PM

Yeah, I think he's our Opening day catcher and Mancini is the DH. That's the way I'd go. Maybe pay up for RF, and I don't mean Trumbo.

#77 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 01 September 2016 - 09:02 PM

Yeah, I think he's our Opening day catcher and Mancini is the DH. That's the way I'd go. Maybe pay up for RF, and I don't mean Trumbo.

This makes sense to me. Save some money in those areas.

Bring back Pearce as well.

#78 CA-ORIOLE

CA-ORIOLE

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,323 posts
  • LocationSOCAL

Posted 01 September 2016 - 09:05 PM

Yep agree with Pearce too.

#79 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 01 September 2016 - 09:07 PM

Yep agree with Pearce too.

When you think about it, this team is going to have a lot of cheap players on the team next year.

Not to beat a dead horse but with a poor FA crop ahead of us, the best things they could do this offseason would be locking up guys like Manny, Schoop and Gausman.

I would still look to trade Britton(just too much value) and Tillman(don't trust him enough to extend him or have another big year).

#80 CA-ORIOLE

CA-ORIOLE

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,323 posts
  • LocationSOCAL

Posted 01 September 2016 - 09:15 PM

When you think about it, this team is going to have a lot of cheap players on the team next year.
Not to beat a dead horse but with a poor FA crop ahead of us, the best things they could do this offseason would be locking up guys like Manny, Schoop and Gausman.
I would still look to trade Britton(just too much value) and Tillman(don't trust him enough to extend him or have another big year).

Yep, and even though we have the 3 pitchers, they are all only 1 year. Lotta flexibility to use deferred money in Free agency next year and get a big one or two...extensions too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=