#521 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,376 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 13 August 2013 - 12:37 AM

Looks like another fun BNick/MWeb throw down. It's been... oh... 3 or 4 days, so I guess we were due. :lol: You two... you should just hug it out already and be done with it.

Yeah, well we were actually cool hanging out at some games. But obviously there have been problems since.

#522 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 12:41 AM

It's funny that you seem to think that's the limit of your bad behavior. You've gotten plenty personal many times. Yeah, that's all I was responding to. Your behavior is often not very Christian like at all. I assume you're one given your offense to the tweets.

I ve never called you some of the things you called me or accused me of some of the things you accused me of in that PM.

GO ahead and find the most personal thing Ive said. What calling DJ a condescending little bitch because he attacked my intelligence. Find something I said to you that you find personal.  It wont compare to the PM , which I still have on record from you. Something by the way you never apologized for even though I apologized more than once for what I said in the post about your QB evaluating skills. I even made a public apology.

I don't pretend to be a bible thumper living the most virtuous life. That still doesn't mean the tweets you made weren't offensive to me and others close to me.

#523 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 12:52 AM

Yeah, well we were actually cool hanging out at some games. But obviously there have been problems since.

I can honestly say I have no problems with you Mike. We are on different ends of the prospective on a lot of subjects in general but I don't dislike you. In fact, its the opposite.  Context can really be taken the wrong way on a message board. There has rarely been a time where I sit and debate with you where Im gritting my teeth getting mad. Its really just mostly fun for me. Something tells me you take it more serious than me.

That's why Im not trying to get into some religious or political debate. Its fun for me to sit down and discuss sports and potentially have a back and forth. That's all it is. When its like that you can go to ballgames or BSL meetups or whatever and have a good time.

#524 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,376 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 12:54 AM

So I should apologize to you because you were a complete dick and I called you out for it? I don't recall what I said, but sorry for not taking the higher road.

And yeah, calling someone a little prick multiple times in public is pretty bad.

Others close to you were offended??? What, you showed others so you could be outraged together? No sense of humor Mr. Ball Buster.

#525 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 01:00 AM

So I should apologize to you because you were a complete dick and I called you out for it? I don't recall what I said, but sorry for not taking the higher road.

And yeah, calling someone a little prick multiple times in public is pretty bad.

Others close to you were offended??? What, you showed others so you could be outraged together? No sense of humor Mr. Ball Buster.

No, but I know they would have been much more offended than I was.

IM done with this. Read my last post above. Im not going to have this argument with you publically or privately. Like I said, this is why I PMd Chris in the first place.  There was no need or desire for me to come to you my issues with what you posted. You wouldn't have deleted the posts yourself and we would have gone back and forth on a subject I really don't want to argue about.

#526 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,376 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 01:03 AM

I can honestly say I have no problems with you Mike. We are on different ends of the prospective on a lot of subjects in general but I don't dislike you. In fact, its the opposite.  Context can really be taken the wrong way on a message board. There has rarely been a time where I sit and debate with you where Im gritting my teeth getting mad. Its really just mostly fun for me. Something tells me you take it more serious than me.

That's why Im not trying to get into some religion debate, or some political debate. Its fun for me to sit down and discuss sports and potentially have a back and forth. That's all it is. When its like that you can go to ballgames or BSL meetups or whatever and have a good time.

I'm not trying to get into a political or religious debate either. And yes, I guess I do take it more seriously than you claim to, even though you clearly take things pretty seriously at times. I figured that since we hung out a few times that perhaps you wouldn't be a dick to me for no good reason so I got pissed when you were. And that's been pretty par for the course for quite some time now.

#527 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,376 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 01:06 AM

No, but I know they would have been much more offended than I was.

IM done with this. Read my last post above. Im not going to have this argument with you publically or privately. Like I said, this is why I PMd Chris in the first place. There was no need or desire for me to come to you my issues with what you posted. You wouldn't have deleted the posts yourself and we would have gone back and forth on a subject I really don't want to argue about.

So you see why others PM Chris instead of coming to you?

And gone back and forth? Seriously? How about the alternative, which would be to just move on from a thread featuring funny tweets. It's absurd to get that offended by that and to feel the need to get them deleted.

#528 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 01:16 AM

I guess Ill try and be less of a dick to you  from now on. Context really is tough on a board. Do I believe what I say??? Absolutely, but rarely am I as animated or serious as it comes across on the board. I guess I may have taken the "ball busting" a bit too far but know its never been from a place of hate. Its more from a place of comfort, which probably isn't appropriate since we really don't know each other very well.

#529 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,376 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 01:22 AM

I guess Ill try and be less than a dick to you then from now on. Context really is tough on a board. Do I believe what I say??? Absolutely, but rarely am I as animated or serious as it comes across on the board. I guess I may have taken the "ball busting" a bit too far but know its never been from a place of hate. Its more from a place of comfort, which probably isn't appropriate since we really don't know each other very well.

Fair enough.

#530 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 01:26 AM

So you see why others PM Chris instead of coming to you?

And gone back and forth? Seriously? How about the alternative, which would be to just move on from a thread featuring funny tweets. It's absurd to get that offended by that and to feel the need to get them deleted.

ANybody who comes to me, and some have, Ive tried to talk to them and discuss my position. I think there is a big difference between me being obnoxious with some of the things I say vs making a post like you did that offends a lot of people.  I sense the issues with me are my posting style. In your case, it wasn't you in general that I had a problem with, it was a few consecutive posts that I and I know a lot of other people out there would have found offensive.

Truly my last remarks on the issue. Chris may not have found the post offensive personally but he understood why it could be offensive to others and he deleted it. If you cant see the difference between why I went to a mod about that vs wanted people to discuss their issues with me personally I don't know what to tell you.

#531 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,376 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 01:37 AM

I can't see why it would be offensive to the point where you can't stand to allow it to be in a thread that it's appropriate for.

And the problem that you said about me arguing with you if confronted is the same exact one that people would think about when messaging Chris instead of you.

#532 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,576 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 05:48 AM

F--- me, you girls are annoying. I come here to take the temperature of Os fans after that loss since I didn't stay up to watch and it's like a comments section of a political news article here. Again. This is baseball, it's supposed to be fun.

Chris, I think you should do something...you know who the offenders are. Don't let every game thread turn into the same old shit show.
I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#533 MKlein76

MKlein76

Sports Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,818 posts
  • LocationGlen Burnie, MD

Posted 13 August 2013 - 06:11 AM

I understand that when the O's lose, or when something bad happens, people can sometimes let their emotions get the best of them. I understand that, and have no problem with that. What I do have an issue with is reading "personal attacks" or "name calling" in the threads, a lot of times during the game threads. I'm sure that the sponsors (the ones that help to keep this site running) would rather not see name calling on a site that they sponsor.

This is a great place to come to read, learn, sometimes post, and occasionally discuss various topics. I have learned a lot from the various posters and continue to learn almost on a daily basis. Let's keep this fun for everybody!

• You Play to Win the Game and Mike in STL like this
@MKlein76

#534 Mashed Potatoes

Mashed Potatoes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,025 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 08:24 AM

I don't understand why everyone is acting like this personal debate is a bad thing, it's entertaining as balls! Furthermore, I request to see the exact words used in the aforementioned tweets and PM.

Finally I'd like to say that NewMarketSean is sexist.

• Pedro Cerrano and BaltBird 24 like this
@DaKittenz

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=