The latest from Matt Jergensen.

#82 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 29 September 2014 - 01:26 PM

The best passing offense in the league going against our secondary. Uh Oh. It wont be pretty.  Our offense better be on their game next week.

#83 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,932 posts

Posted 29 September 2014 - 01:35 PM

We'll need to score about 30 to win, but I think we do against a mediocre Colts defense.

Colts offense is good, but it's not 500+ yards per game good like they've been the past two weeks.  They had 408 against Denver and 341 against Philly.  I expect we can hold them to somewhere in there, which is upper 20s or so depending on how turnovers go.

#84 esporter

esporter

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 937 posts

Posted 29 September 2014 - 01:58 PM

We should beat these guys. I agree, it's going to take a quality team effort to do it (especially on the road), but if the offense shows up, we should be alright.

IND won't be able to run a lick on us. If we can put some pressure on them by scoring early, force Luck to throw it all over the field, he'll put up yards and points but I think he eventually makes a mistake or two. We'll just have to capitalize. Their defense doesn't really do much of anything well.

Assuming we play the same brand of tough, efficient, mistake free football we've seen so far this year, I think we take this one.

wordsbyevanporter.com

@esporter

#85 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 29 September 2014 - 02:03 PM

I don't think it'll matter that they cant run on us. Luck will just convert  the 3rd and longs.

Brian freaking Hoyer tore our secondary apart. Andy Dalton tore it apart. Im dreading what Luck, Brees, Ryan, and Rivers are going to do.

#86 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 29 September 2014 - 07:14 PM

The Colts aren't that good...defense isn't that great, skil position is weak, no running game, mediocre Oline.

But Luck is one of the top 5 QBs in the league and has entered that elite list.

The status of Hilton's hammy will be important.

We need to control the clock, keep Luck off the field.

• PrimeTime likes this

#87 GabeFerguson

GabeFerguson

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,798 posts
  • LocationCity of Angels

Posted 29 September 2014 - 07:20 PM

Well the Ravens secondary is good for at least 1 blown coverage a game, so that's not good going against Luck. I would like to see some more man to man coverage with 2 safeties over the top to limit the number of big plays. 

I think the Ravens will be able to get after Andrew Luck a little bit and make him uncomfortable. Their OL leaves a lot to be desired in both pass protection and run blocking, so maybe the front 4 can bring pressure without having to blitz too often. When Pees does dial up blitzes, he's going to need to be deceptive and unpredictable.

I do think the offense will have another big day which should keep the Ravens in it. Indy's defense is pretty weak, and they really have no pass-rush to speak of without Mathis. Ravens should try to stay balanced on offense and look to take some shots against questionable safeties, who will be without Landry due to his recent PED suspension (shocker).

In the end I think this game will be high scoring and pretty tight. It could come down to one or two plays, a big turnover late or something like that.

• Dupin likes this
@gabefergy

#88 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,606 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 29 September 2014 - 07:35 PM

Felt like it was a good time to reiterate how annoying it is that this franchise got Manning then Luck.
  • You Play to Win the Game and Dupin like this

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#89 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 29 September 2014 - 07:37 PM

Felt like it was a good time to reiterate how annoying it is that this franchise got Manning then Luck.

True. Basically get a 20-25 year run of good to great teams assuming Luck stays healthy.

#90 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 29 September 2014 - 09:42 PM

Let's see the Dean Pees defense at work.

It doesn't create turnovers but does a good job of bending but not breaking.

#91 MarkBullock

MarkBullock
  • Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 02 October 2014 - 10:20 AM

BSL: Ravens vs Colts Preview: Colts Red Zone Offense

http://baltimorespor...d-zone-offense/

• BSLChrisStoner likes this

#92 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,268 posts

Posted 04 October 2014 - 08:30 AM

BSL: Key Match-ups

http://baltimorespor...avens-vs-colts/

Again, the latest from Matt Jergensen.

#93 PrimeTime

PrimeTime

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 04 October 2014 - 12:28 PM

The Colts have 1 starting guard out with an ankle injury. Their other guard is also dealing with an ankle but probable. Also, as of this moment, the Colts are running out AQ Shipley as their starting center. Let that wash over you. (although, there are some reports/rumors that undrafted rookie Jonotthan Harrison may start at center) The Ravens should have an opportunity to pressure Luck up the middle. Even Luck can move around and throw on the run, there is nothing tougher on a QB than pressure right up the gut and in your face.

Through 4 weeks, this doesn't appear to the Ravens offense that we're used to. After the 1st half debacle vs Cincy, the offense has been building momentum. Our run-pass balance has been outstanding and the play of the offensive line, even sans Monroe, has been excellent. You can see Joe and company getting more and more comfortable with the system with each passing series it seems. It's a treat to watch a real offensive coordinator doing his thing on Sunday. I've Joe throw to more wide open receivers in the last 4 weeks than he had in the last 4 years.

So will we have a challenge with Andrew Luck and the Colts passing game? No doubt. On the other hand, the Colts defense is going to have contend with us as well.

• BSLChrisStoner and You Play to Win the Game like this
@primetime667083

"Just remember, whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right." -Stewie Griffin

#94 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,268 posts

Posted 05 October 2014 - 08:27 AM

Baltimore Ravens.com: 5 Things to Watch vs. Colts

http://www.baltimore...9b-c2ae66cfedd9

#95 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,268 posts

Posted 12 January 2015 - 10:11 AM

Stampede Blue: 2015 NFL Playoffs: Three Things We Learned from the Colts' Divisional Round Win over the Broncos

http://www.stampedeb...in-over-broncos

#96 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,485 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 14 January 2015 - 06:00 PM

Josh McNary charged with rape

Prosecutors in Indianapolis have filed charges of rape, criminal confinement with bodily injury and battery resulting in bodily injury against backup Colts linebacker Josh McNary.

Peg McLeish, a spokeswoman in the city prosecutor's office, confirmed Wednesday that the charges were filed. No details were released.

The Army graduate has been with the Colts for two seasons after finishing his college career as the school's all-time leader in sacks and tackles for loss. McNary spent two years on active duty to fulfill his military obligation before signing with Indy in April 2013. He has 20 tackles in 16 games.

#97 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,268 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 09:41 AM

Grantland: How We’d Fix It: Three Ways the Colts Can Keep Andrew Luck Happy

http://grantland.com...rew-luck-happy/

#98 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators