#2161 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,441 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 26 April 2023 - 10:53 PM

Man United fans must be…bitter?

They still got their shot coming in the FA Cup, at least. Probably little consolation though, knowing they’re still stuck with the Glazers. As an O’s fan, I empathize.

• BSLSteveBirrer likes this

#2162 ivanbalt

ivanbalt

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,535 posts

Posted 27 April 2023 - 05:24 AM

Nice job Arsenal.

#2163 BSLSteveBirrer

BSLSteveBirrer

Soccer Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,259 posts
  • LocationMS and ID

Posted 27 April 2023 - 08:11 AM

Man C is gonna win the treble. EPL, FA Cup, and UCL. 

Us Man U fans just clinging to UCL slot for next season but as much as I like where the side is headed there is just no real argument that Man C is the top club in the world right now. Just loaded with talent all over the field and they have an unstoppable #9.

My son had an idea the other day. He said the US should put a one year pause on all Federal spending and buy Norway so Haaland could be a US citizen.....LOL

#2164 BSLSteveBirrer

BSLSteveBirrer

Soccer Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,259 posts
  • LocationMS and ID

Posted 03 May 2023 - 05:06 PM

Haaland tallies #35, a new EPL record, and still got a handful of games to go. What a stud.

#2165 Mashed Potatoes

Mashed Potatoes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,025 posts

Posted 04 May 2023 - 06:45 PM

Brighton beat ManU, leaving Liverpool a miniscule possibility of top 4 (and B&H too).
@DaKittenz

#2166 BSLSteveBirrer

BSLSteveBirrer

Soccer Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,259 posts
  • LocationMS and ID

Posted 05 May 2023 - 09:15 AM

Ouch for sure yesterday. Man U didn't get it done after coming in on a run.

#2167 Mashed Potatoes

Mashed Potatoes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,025 posts

Posted 07 May 2023 - 03:04 PM

Another loss for United, meaning Brighton actually control their destiny for the final champions league spot and the good guys in red still have hope.
@DaKittenz

#2168 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,477 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 07 May 2023 - 09:00 PM

Looking more and more like Everton may get relegated. Unreal. Haven't been relegated in 73 years.

#2169 BSLSteveBirrer

BSLSteveBirrer

Soccer Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,259 posts
  • LocationMS and ID

Posted 08 May 2023 - 08:46 AM

Another loss for United, meaning Brighton actually control their destiny for the final champions league spot and the good guys in red still have hope.

Not quite accurate. BHA has 55 points and 6 matches to play meaning they can earn a max of 73 points.

Man U has 63 points and 4 matches to play meaning they can earn a max of 75 points.

They don't face each other again so BHA needs some help. 

Now Liverpool 62 points with 3 matches to play given them a shot at 71 points. The good news for Reds fans is that 2 of those 3 matches are against bottom tier teams (Leicester and Southampton) and the moderately tough game (Aston Villa) is at home. So I fully expect them to earn those 71 points.

So lets look at BHA. Yes they have 6 games to play but three of them are Newcastle (away), Arsenal (away), and Man City (home). I don't see them getting 2 points in those matches and 0 seems not unlikely. So if they win the other 3 that gives them 64 points plus whatever they get from the three tough ones. Nope they aint making UCL.

Then we look at  Man U. Four to play  with 3 at home (Wolves, Chelsea, Fulham) and one away at Bournemouth. Overall they have the toughest schedule left but they are at Old Trafford for 3 which will help. To get to 72 points to ensure they finish ahead of Liverpool they need 9 points in those 4 matches. Two wins and two draws gets them there. So they have no room to stumble unless of course Liverpool falls down once.

Man City and Arsenal are in. Its only a question of who wins the EPL and who takes 2nd. Put your money on Man C.

So that leaves Newcastle. Sitting on 65 points they need 7 points in their last 4 to get to 72. They have home against BHA and Leicester which they should win. And on the road at Leeds and Chelsea. IF there is a potential snag for the Nut Brown Ale boys its these two away matches. Leeds is fighting to avoid relegation and that makes them dangerous. Chelsea is fighting a lousy season and wants to go out on an upswing.  Still I think Newcastle gets the needed 7 points.

So final top 4 prediction:

1. Man City

2. Arsenal

3. Newcastle

4. Man U

I think Man U hangs on just barely. Liverpool is clearly the better side right now but they dug too big a hold in the early part of the season. However, I would not put money on Man U at this point. Liverpool is breathing down their necks and who knows maybe they fold to the pressure.

#2170 BSLSteveBirrer

BSLSteveBirrer

Soccer Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,259 posts
  • LocationMS and ID

Posted 08 May 2023 - 03:37 PM

Any and I do mean any chance BHA had at a UCL spot just went down the drain. Seriously how do you lose at home to Everton 4-1????

#2171 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,743 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 12 May 2023 - 10:03 AM

Leeds confirmed that Adams won't be back for any of their three remaining games as they try to avoid relegation.  It's no coincidence that their results and their defense has suffered since he's been out with injury.

• Mashed Potatoes likes this

#2172 BSLSteveBirrer

BSLSteveBirrer

Soccer Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,259 posts
  • LocationMS and ID

Posted 12 May 2023 - 11:03 AM

Leeds confirmed that Adams won't be back for any of their three remaining games as they try to avoid relegation.  It's no coincidence that their results and their defense has suffered since he's been out with injury.

I really believe that Adams is the key to that team. Their D stinks but with him on the field they at least limited the damage other teams could do. Too bad he can't also bolster the attack somewhat because Bamford is terrible.

• DuffMan likes this

#2173 Mashed Potatoes

Mashed Potatoes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,025 posts

Posted 12 May 2023 - 12:51 PM

Sad about this, I wanted Leeds to stay up for their history, style of play, and exciting US players. They simply can't hang without Adams.

I think this season has also born out that firing Marsch was a mistake. Have to think they'd have another 5-6 points had he stayed.
@DaKittenz

#2174 glenn__davis

glenn__davis

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,454 posts

Posted 13 May 2023 - 07:25 AM

1st half heartbreak for Leeds.

After taking the early lead they miss a penalty.  About 2 minutes later they conceded a penalty.

Very easily could up 2 at the half and instead it's 1-1.

#2175 BSLSteveBirrer

BSLSteveBirrer

Soccer Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,259 posts
  • LocationMS and ID

Posted 18 May 2023 - 09:16 AM

Down to the wire but some interesting matches still to be played with some significance to their outcomes.

https://baltimorespo...ty-to-play-for/

• BSLChrisStoner likes this

#2176 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,743 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 18 May 2023 - 02:21 PM

Ramsdale signed a new deal with Arsenal, does Turner look for a move elsewhere to get more minutes?

#2177 BSLSteveBirrer

BSLSteveBirrer

Soccer Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,259 posts
  • LocationMS and ID

Posted 18 May 2023 - 05:19 PM

Ramsdale signed a new deal with Arsenal, does Turner look for a move elsewhere to get more minutes?

Situations like this are always tough to decide. A move to a starting position "may" be a good choice. But so much depends on just what the move entails.

Would he truly be getting more minutes?

Would more minutes but at a lesser level of competition be smart? Often times in a situation like this the player has to move down in competition such as to the English Championship. Now if its a move to start in one of the big 5 leagues in Europe then probably a good move.

Would it be a loan or outright sale?

At Arsenal he's one injury away from starting in EPL and UCL.

I guess given that WC 2026 is still 3 years out its not that big of a deal. If the WC was next year then I would certainly want him to move to get more minutes. But since we don't even have to qualify the minutes he does get plus the high level of training for Arsenal isn't too bad.

#2178 Atomtastic

Atomtastic
  • Members
  • 156 posts
  • LocationOwings Mills, MD

Posted 19 May 2023 - 02:19 PM

347778382_1249251682365957_9188073901636

#2179 Atomtastic

Atomtastic
  • Members
  • 156 posts
  • LocationOwings Mills, MD

Posted 19 May 2023 - 02:19 PM

What no Geordies on here?

#2180 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,441 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 20 May 2023 - 01:36 PM

Nottingham Forest pulled the upset on Arsenal, 1-0. They stave off relegation and clinch a 3rd straight title for City in one fell swoop.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=