#2021 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,686 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 21 August 2022 - 02:07 PM

Aaronson with the game winner against Chelsea today!

No start again for Pulisic, time for him to go elsewhere.

Newcastle holds on for the draw against City. De Bruyne with a surgical pass to set up the equalizer.
  • BSLSteveBirrer likes this

#2022 BSLSteveBirrer

BSLSteveBirrer

Soccer Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,058 posts
  • LocationMS and ID

Posted 21 August 2022 - 02:34 PM

Tuchel has to be on a short leash now. Blues gave up a 2-0 lead against the Spurs and now shut out by Leeds. Too freaking funny. 

#2023 McNulty

McNulty

la cerveza está muy fría

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,667 posts
  • LocationBS

Posted 21 August 2022 - 02:50 PM

He gave up a 1 goal lead twice to Spurs, technically.  He's a douche so I can't feel bad for him.

@fuzydunlop

#2024 BSLSteveBirrer

BSLSteveBirrer

Soccer Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,058 posts
  • LocationMS and ID

Posted 21 August 2022 - 04:04 PM

He gave up a 1 goal lead twice to Spurs, technically.  He's a douche so I can't feel bad for him.

Yeah that's correct on both accounts....lol

#2025 glenn__davis

glenn__davis

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,428 posts

Posted 22 August 2022 - 11:04 AM

Steve, do you think Arsenal has a legit shot this year, or just a soft schedule to open?

This week Aresnal (my son's team) plays Fulham (my team) but he's got a tournament.  We're going to record and do our best to not read any results.

#2026 BSLSteveBirrer

BSLSteveBirrer

Soccer Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,058 posts
  • LocationMS and ID

Posted 22 August 2022 - 11:49 AM

Steve, do you think Arsenal has a legit shot this year, or just a soft schedule to open?

This week Aresnal (my son's team) plays Fulham (my team) but he's got a tournament.  We're going to record and do our best to not read any results.

Arsenal has two things going for them: Ramsdale and Turner. There are two ways to win the EPL. Terrific goalkeeping. Or just having a crap load of offense. Of course the best teams have both. The problem I see with Arsenal is in their attack. They are good for sure. But I don't think they have the quality and depth to hang with Liverpool and Man C. I think my preseason prediction of 4 looks about right. But they could move past Chelsea if Tuchel doesn't pull his head out of his ass.

But teams best not sleep on the Gunners. They are a very solid club right now.

#2027 McNulty

McNulty

la cerveza está muy fría

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,667 posts
  • LocationBS

Posted 22 August 2022 - 02:19 PM

They’ve played no one.

@fuzydunlop

#2028 BSLSteveBirrer

BSLSteveBirrer

Soccer Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,058 posts
  • LocationMS and ID

Posted 22 August 2022 - 04:32 PM

Man U moves AHEAD of Liverpool in the table after defeating them 2-1. What a crazy EPL season so far.

#2029 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,347 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 22 August 2022 - 04:57 PM

That sucked. Wtf.
  • Mashed Potatoes likes this

#2030 BSLSteveBirrer

BSLSteveBirrer

Soccer Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,058 posts
  • LocationMS and ID

Posted 22 August 2022 - 05:58 PM

That sucked. Wtf.

Sucked? Freaking awesome.....lol

• McNulty likes this

#2031 ivanbalt

ivanbalt

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,511 posts

Posted 23 August 2022 - 05:45 AM

Sucked? Freaking awesome.....lol

The announcers and broadcast team certainly shared your opinion.  A week 3 victory against Liverpool was apparently the greatest win in the history of United and possibly the sport.

Meanwhile it's going to be a long season for Liverpool if they continue to underwhelm in the first half of games.

#2032 glenn__davis

glenn__davis

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,428 posts

Posted 23 August 2022 - 01:00 PM

BTW great to see Mitrovic getting off to a great start at Fulham.  He abused the defender on the game winning header the other day.  Lotta pressure on him to deliver at the top level after dominating the Championship last year.  He is a load man.

#2033 Mashed Potatoes

Mashed Potatoes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,996 posts

Posted 23 August 2022 - 08:23 PM

The announcers and broadcast team certainly shared your opinion. A week 3 victory against Liverpool was apparently the greatest win in the history of United and possibly the sport.

Meanwhile it's going to be a long season for Liverpool if they continue to underwhelm in the first half of games.

Why James Milner continues to start is completely beyond me. Place him on any other premier league team and is he getting significant minutes? I understand injuries are playing a role but this is crazy
  • BSLSteveBirrer and ivanbalt like this
@DaKittenz

#2034 ivanbalt

ivanbalt

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,511 posts

Posted 24 August 2022 - 05:26 AM

Why James Milner continues to start is completely beyond me. Place him on any other premier league team and is he getting significant minutes? I understand injuries are playing a role but this is crazy

We all love Milner, but yeah he should not be starting in a game against MU.  I thought I heard them say Fabinho wasn't 100%?  Regardless, they should have addressed the constantly injured midfield.

#2035 Mashed Potatoes

Mashed Potatoes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,996 posts

Posted 25 August 2022 - 03:36 AM

We all love Milner, but yeah he should not be starting in a game against MU. I thought I heard them say Fabinho wasn't 100%? Regardless, they should have addressed the constantly injured midfield.

Our depth isn't bad when Ox, Thiago and Jones are healthy. Even without them Keita should be in over the old man turnover machine.
@DaKittenz

#2036 ivanbalt

ivanbalt

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,511 posts

Posted 25 August 2022 - 05:24 AM

Our depth isn't bad when Ox, Thiago and Jones are healthy. Even without them Keita should be in over the old man turnover machine.

Unfortunately Ox and Thiago are injured more often than not.  Was Keita injured too?

#2037 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,686 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 25 August 2022 - 10:17 AM

Is Pulisic getting out of Chelsea or what?  Their clown fans are giving him crap because he posted a picture of himself with Adams and Aaronson after the game.   Give me a break, how is that different from any other player, who chats it up or talks to their opponents after the game.

#2038 BSLSteveBirrer

BSLSteveBirrer

Soccer Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,058 posts
  • LocationMS and ID

Posted 25 August 2022 - 10:53 AM

Is Pulisic getting out of Chelsea or what?  Their clown fans are giving him crap because he posted a picture of himself with Adams and Aaronson after the game.   Give me a break, how is that different from any other player, who chats it up or talks to their opponents after the game.

Correct. And as I commented on the Chelsea FB rant page - Perhaps you idiots should be a bit more concerned with the rest of your players. You know the ones on the field that dug you into a 2-0 hole before Pulisic even got in the game. Effing idiots.

#2039 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 155,717 posts

Posted 27 August 2022 - 09:08 AM

538: Does Spending Big Save Newly Promoted Premier League Teams From Relegation?

#2040 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,347 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 27 August 2022 - 11:11 AM

Liverpool exorcised some demons today. Poor Bournemouth, wrong place, wrong time. Hopefully Nuñez learned his lesson.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=