#241 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,680 posts
  • LocationBeautiful Bel Air, MD

Posted 30 July 2013 - 08:59 PM

Dude, these guys get so strong there's no way that the power impact is negligible. I would like to see that study and where they came up with their data.

You can't make the ball go too far just with the breeze from a swing :)

@DJ_McCann

#242 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,384 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 30 July 2013 - 09:01 PM

Dude, these guys get so strong there's no way that the power impact is negligible. I would like to see that study and where they came up with their data.

He didn't provide links. I've read some before, but don't recall how I found them.

Like I said before, I think they help some more than others, how much they help is linked to how hard they workout (how do you know how much the PEDs helped and how much was due to working hard?), and in general people overstate how much they have affected the game as the sport has always had ups and downs in scoring and power with many things affecting that other than drugs.

#243 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,680 posts
  • LocationBeautiful Bel Air, MD

Posted 30 July 2013 - 09:28 PM

He didn't provide links. I've read some before, but don't recall how I found them.

Like I said before, I think they help some more than others, how much they help is linked to how hard they workout (how do you know how much the PEDs helped and how much was due to working hard?), and in general people overstate how much they have affected the game as the sport has always had ups and downs in scoring and power with many things affecting that other than drugs.

Sheehan also wrote (for this book) a chapter looking into the offensive explosion of the 1990s that came to the conclusion that most of the original ideas (juiced balls in particular, but also excessive expansion and smaller parks) were at least as much to blame as an increase in performance-enhancing drug use.

@DJ_McCann

#244 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 03 August 2013 - 01:58 PM

CBS Sports: Nike becomes latest to end endorsement deal with Ryan Braun

http://www.cbssports...with-ryan-braun

@levineps

#245 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 07 September 2013 - 12:50 AM

ESPN: Brewers: Calls were Braun's idea

http://espn.go.com/m...ffering-apology

ESPN: Ryan Braun loses restaurant deal

http://espn.go.com/m...gger-ryan-braun

@levineps

#246 Adam Wolff

Adam Wolff

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,294 posts
  • LocationWaynesboro, PA

Posted 10 September 2013 - 03:34 PM

Nice gesture by Braun. Probably doesn't have a huge effect, but considering how bad he's looked through all of this, every little bit of positive press he can generate will help.

@AdamWolff

#247 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 10 September 2013 - 03:38 PM

Nice gesture by Braun. Probably doesn't have a huge effect, but considering how bad he's looked through all of this, every little bit of positive press he can generate will help.

I assume you're talking about the Habitat for Humanity thing? I'm not going to criticize him here since we've all said he needs to do a better PR job, he just should've done it sooner. He still needs to face the music. Unless he's really avoiding it for elgal purposes, I'm not sure what he's waiting for. This isn't going to go away. The sooner he gets this done, the sooner it will somewhat go away.

@levineps

#248 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 18 September 2013 - 11:49 PM

ESPN: Ryan Braun visits Brewers clubhouse

http://espn.go.com/m...ates-suspension

The hero has returned...

@levineps

#249 SammyBirdland

SammyBirdland

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,019 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 10:26 AM

ESPN: Ryan Braun visits Brewers clubhouse

Is there video evidence?  Because if it's Braun saying he visited the clubhouse, my initial reaction is to not believe him.

• DJ MC likes this
¡Hasta la vista, pelota!

#250 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 16 January 2014 - 06:12 PM

ESPN: Suit against Ryan Braun intact

http://espn.go.com/m...ceed-judge-says

Sasson accused Braun of violating a confidentiality agreement they signed after Sasson assisted with Braun's successful appeal of a positive steroid test in 2011. Sasson said Braun defamed him to mutual acquaintances, thus violating the agreement and causing emotional distress.

Reached Thursday, Sasson, who is representing himself, said he does not intend to settle the case. In a statement, he said, "While I am pleased with yesterday's outcome, it is merely a first step in the long and arduous process of holding Ryan Braun, Nez Balelo and Creative Artists Agency accountable for their fraudulent actions and flagrant misconduct. As such, my primary goal at this juncture is to avoid any procedural missteps and take this matter to trial."

@levineps

#251 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 12 March 2014 - 11:52 PM

ESPNRyan Braun, cleat company 3N2 agree

"We believe in Ryan," Graham said. "We've all made mistakes, and we're all human beings. Our country is about second chances."

As of December, Braun -- who lost $3.3 million in salary as a result of the suspension -- was known by 25 percent of U.S. consumers, according to the Davie Brown Index. The DBI data reflects that Braun's appeal among consumers is in line with those of Donald Trump and Dennis Rodman, and his endorsement value currently ranks with Roger Clemens and Barry Bonds.

@levineps

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=