57 replies to this topic

#41 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,427 posts

Posted 21 December 2014 - 11:16 PM

After this season, am I crazy if I keep Eddie lacy and odell Beckham over peyton? I think Peyton is slowing down, and I can grab a good qb early. I think OBJ is legit.

Package Peyton with one of those guys and trade him to someone who has one of the absolute stud, top-5 or so picks but nobody else?

Yeah, my answer is always to make a trade!

• Dr. FLK likes this

#42 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,427 posts

Posted 21 December 2014 - 11:28 PM

My dilemma for next year...in my money keeper league I just won for the first time (unless Lynch scores another 75 points in the final 10 minutes here).

I get only 4 keepers from this list:

Odell Beckham ($10)

Antonio Brown ($22)

Dez Bryant ($30)

Matt Forte ($43)

Jimmy Graham ($30)

Josh Gordon ($11)

LeSean McCoy ($58)

#43 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 21 December 2014 - 11:32 PM

Is it a 2WR flex league??

Beckham and Brown are easy keeps. Graham probably is too. PPackage Dez and Gordon for a top back. If not, I have no problem keeping 3 WRs and a top TE nowadays. You can find solid RBs late or even on the wire.

#44 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,427 posts

Posted 21 December 2014 - 11:58 PM

Is it a 2WR flex league??

Beckham and Brown are easy keeps. Graham probably is too. PPackage Dez and Gordon for a top back. If not, I have no problem keeping 3 WRs and a top TE nowadays. You can find solid RBs late or even on the wire.

Yeah, 2 WR, 2 RB, 1 TE, 1 FLEX.  And it's auction, so there isn't even the risk of having 3 WR and then getting stuck at a point in the draft where all the value is still in WR and I have to reach for a RB.  I could just target 2 RB with almost all of my cash if I kept 3 WR and a TE, grab a $15 QB, and be done with it.

Forte at $43 for this year is still positive value, I think he's a top-5 back for next year, but he's not much value the next year at $53.  All the other guys (except McCoy, obviously), I could conceivably still get value out of at $40 or whatever for the 2016 season.

I'm definitely gonna be looking to make some trades, and a Dez/Gordon package is a huge package.  Lacy is a guy that I may be able to get with that deal.  He's a $35 keeper I think.

#45 Dr. FLK

Dr. FLK

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,239 posts

Posted 11 August 2015 - 09:13 AM

I get 2 keepers from this list.

Lacy

Odell Beckham Jr

Peyton

The league values WR more than traditional leagues, so I'm leading towards Lacy and OBJ.  Sound reasonable?

• Mike in STL likes this

#46 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,427 posts

Posted 11 August 2015 - 09:33 AM

Having a hard time wording how obvious a choice that is without sounding condescending...so...Yes.  It's reasonable.  :)

• Dr. FLK likes this

#47 Dupin

Dupin

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,314 posts

Posted 12 August 2015 - 07:38 PM

Demaryius was the obvious keeper on this team.  I had a rough time choosing the second, but I guess I'm going to roll the dice on Gio still getting touches as the change of pace/receiving guy on what should continue to be a productive Bengals offense.

#48 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,427 posts

Posted 20 August 2015 - 10:47 AM

Someone talk me in, or out, of keeping Joseph Randle at $10 over Matt Forte at $43 in a 12-team, $200 keeper league.

My other keepers are Dez ($30), OBJ ($10), and Brown ($22) so I'm loaded at WR.  Also could keep McCoy ($58) or Graham ($30).  Have an offer on the table for $12 of budget in return for Forte, and I think I could get decent money for Randle and a few bucks for Graham as well.  Probably couldn't get anything for McCoy at that keeper price.

#49 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,463 posts

Posted 20 August 2015 - 10:51 AM

Forte isn't going to catch nearly as many passes as he did under Trestman. He will run the ball more.

Randle is the better value.

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#50 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,463 posts

Posted 20 August 2015 - 10:53 AM

I recently traded Murray for Demaryius Thomas -- both guys had same salary so it worked out and all my keeper money will be in my starting line-up. Murray was also the guy I wanted to trade -- sell high. Plus this was the last year I could keep him and I get next year with Thomas too.

Thankfully McCoy avoided serious injury -- I was worried there for a minute.

I'm rolling with McCoy, Lamar Miller and Thomas. Feeling good.

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#51 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,427 posts

Posted 20 August 2015 - 10:58 AM

I like that trade, especially given your other strong RBs. 

#52 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,427 posts

Posted 21 August 2015 - 08:20 AM

Forte isn't going to catch nearly as many passes as he did under Trestman. He will run the ball more.

Randle is the better value.

Just traded Forte for $20 of budget.  Was leaning towards keeping him, but that was too much of an offer to pass up.

So I now have $218 starting baseline budget (had traded $2 away last year).  Keeping Dez for $30, Antonio Brown for $22, and OBJ for $10, bringing me down to $156 with one more guy I can keep.

I've still got LeSean McCoy ($58), Jimmy Graham ($30), and Joseph Randle ($10).  Pretty sure I'm kicking McCoy back at that amount (think I'll try to buy him back, though), but torn between Graham and Randle. 

Go for the stud in a new, likely lower-scoring environment coming off of a bit of a down year or go for a potential breakout runner behind the amazing Dallas line? 

#53 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,463 posts

Posted 21 August 2015 - 08:22 AM

Randle is dealing with an injury.

http://www.rotoworld...5/joseph-randle

Doesn't seem major but since he doesn't have a lock on the job he could lose touches to McFadden.

I'd probably roll with Graham. Then your WR's and TE would be grossly sick.

#54 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,427 posts

Posted 25 August 2015 - 02:30 PM

Got an offer for $10 of auction budget for Jimmy Graham, could probably squeeze a few more bucks out of him as well.

I've got $218 in budget after an earlier trade.  Keeping Dez, ODB, and Antonio Brown for $62 total, bringing me down to $156 remaining.  Could keep Graham ($30) or Joseph Randle ($10).  Was pretty torn between the two, leaning towards Randle because I figured I could win Graham at auction for $40 or less and keep Randle, spending $50 or less total but if I kept Graham it'd likely cost me more than $20 to win Randle.  Also, Randle has better potential future value, as he'd be a $20 keeper in 2016 and Graham would be $40, even with a big bounce back from Graham he wouldn't have a ton of surplus potential at $40.

Make the trade and then have a ton of money left to buy the best RB available (McCoy will be kicked back, I'm throwing him back rather than keeping for $58) and the best QB I can get and hope to end up with a solid TE like Olsen?  Leaning that way.

#55 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 25 August 2015 - 02:43 PM

Got an offer for $10 of auction budget for Jimmy Graham, could probably squeeze a few more bucks out of him as well.

I've got $218 in budget after an earlier trade.  Keeping Dez, ODB, and Antonio Brown for $62 total, bringing me down to $156 remaining.  Could keep Graham ($30) or Joseph Randle ($10).  Was pretty torn between the two, leaning towards Randle because I figured I could win Graham at auction for $40 or less and keep Randle, spending $50 or less total but if I kept Graham it'd likely cost me more than $20 to win Randle.  Also, Randle has better potential future value, as he'd be a $20 keeper in 2016 and Graham would be $40, even with a big bounce back from Graham he wouldn't have a ton of surplus potential at $40.

Make the trade and then have a ton of money left to buy the best RB available (McCoy will be kicked back, I'm throwing him back rather than keeping for $58) and the best QB I can get and hope to end up with a solid TE like Olsen?  Leaning that way.

Say you squeeze the guy to $20 for Graham, could you keep McCoy but look at it like keeping McCoy for $38, as if the extra $20 was found money? Even $15, keeping McCoy for $43.

@BSLMikeRandall

#56 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,427 posts

Posted 25 August 2015 - 02:47 PM

I could keep McCoy for $58.  I just don't see him going for nearly as much as that in the auction.  On the other hand, he may very well be the best player in the auction, so him approaching $55-60 wouldn't be out of the question.  I may be able to get $15 out of him for Graham, my guess is more like $12-13.

I can consider it as McCoy for $58-$13 as the keep personal budget-wise, but not future keeper value-wise.  McCoy would be a $68 keeper for 2016. 

Basically, if I make the trade, I'm then deciding between keeping McCoy at $58 and Randle at $10.  If I keep McCoy and win Randle at auction for $25, my total is $83 for those guys.  If I keep Randle, I'd be able to go all the way up to $73 for McCoy and still have the two of them for the same amount.  I would have $156 to need to buy 11 players, already having 3 WR and a RB2, so McCoy would be my top target followed by Melvin Gordon along with a QB, and all the QBs are likely available except for Luck and Wilson.

#57 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,427 posts

Posted 25 August 2015 - 03:44 PM

Pulled the trigger, got $13 back.  So now I've got Dez, Beckham, Brown, $169, and a decision between McCoy ($58) or Randle ($10).  Strong lean towards Randle right now and have an extra $48 to try and get McCoy back.

#58 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,463 posts

Posted 25 August 2015 - 03:45 PM

I kept McCoy for $48 in a 12 team league with a $175 draft cap that goes to $200 post-draft.

Dicey keep, but I really had no choice.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=