57 replies to this topic

#21 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 10:12 PM

Why aren't guys like McCoy and Charles being kept in your league?

Anyone drafted in the first two rounds cant be kept. Anyone you keep moves up two rounds on the board each year you keep them. Last year I got Spiller in the fourth so hes a second this year.
@BSLMikeRandall

#22 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,779 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 10:29 PM

Why aren't guys like McCoy and Charles being kept in your league?

Anyone drafted in the first two rounds cant be kept. Anyone you keep moves up two rounds on the board each year you keep them. Last year I got Spiller in the fourth so hes a second this year.

How the hell was Spiller a 4th round pick last year? He was a top ten or so guy. Did you get him in the sixth two years ago and keep him?

If nobody from the top 2 rounds last year can be kept, then I'd probably throw back Spiller, depending of course on you having another acceptable keeper option.
  • Mike in STL likes this

#23 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 10:32 PM

How the hell was Spiller a 4th round pick last year? He was a top ten or so guy. Did you get him in the sixth two years ago and keep him?

If nobody from the top 2 rounds last year can be kept, then I'd probably throw back Spiller, depending of course on you having another acceptable keeper option.

Yeah. Have had him for two years. I drafted a hurt Percy Harvin in the 10th last year, hope hes good value in the 8th. Keenan Allen off waivers so hes a 15th round. That's a no brainer. Spiller is the only other one worth keeping. We get up to three. I have no problem keeping two though.
  • Mackus likes this
@BSLMikeRandall

#24 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,779 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 10:34 PM

I think you'd do as good or better than Spiller late in the second, toss him back
  • Mike in STL likes this

#25 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,779 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 10:35 PM

Love Harvin and Allen in the 8th and 15th.

#26 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 11:45 PM

I actually think Spiller will be a top 6-7 RB this year. Top 5 if he gets enough GL carries.

I mean health is a worry, but if he's healthy lock him in for a minimum of 1700 total yards.

#27 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 11:50 PM

Still, I do think you have to send him back and see who else is there at 27. He may be available and an option there.

#28 Dr. FLK

Dr. FLK

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,239 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 10:44 AM

Peyton and Lacy

I've been offered Adrian Peterson for Lacy.  The plot thickens.  Peterson and Peyton would be some awfully nice keepers.  But, I think Lacy could outperform Peterson this year.

#29 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,560 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 10:50 AM

Auction keeper league with a draft-day $180 salary cap, I kept Stafford for $44, McCoy for $46 and Keenan Allen for $6.

I was wavering on Stafford at $46 but he's the #4 rated QB and all the other best QB's will be kept and the changes they're making to Stafford's mechanics sound positive.

McCoy is going to be an absolute beast this year. And Allen sounds like he's faster in camp this year too.

Excited to defend my championship.

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#30 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 10:55 AM

I've been offered Adrian Peterson for Lacy.  The plot thickens.  Peterson and Peyton would be some awfully nice keepers.  But, I think Lacy could outperform Peterson this year.

Im not here to tell you Lacy will  have the better year, but its certainly possible. He's in a premiere offense.

I also get not betting against AD. That said, he has a notable injury history, has a lot of carries in his career and is 29 yrs old.

I would keep Lacy.

#31 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,779 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 12:38 PM

Auction keeper league with a draft-day $180 salary cap, I kept Stafford for $44, McCoy for $46 and Keenan Allen for $6.

I was wavering on Stafford at $46 but he's the #4 rated QB and all the other best QB's will be kept and the changes they're making to Stafford's mechanics sound positive.

McCoy is going to be an absolute beast this year. And Allen sounds like he's faster in camp this year too.

I really don't like Stafford for $46 (and I'm a Stafford fan and often end up with him) unless it's a 2 QB league.  Who did you toss back so you could keep Stafford?

McCoy and Allen are great keeps, though.

#32 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,560 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 12:53 PM

The only other possible keeper would have been DeMarco Murray for $27.

If I don't keep Stafford for $46 I would be stuck with a Foles, Cutler or Dalton for $20-35.

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#33 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 01:00 PM

Im with Mackus. I wouldnt keep Stafford for $46. His OC, Linehan moved on to Dallas. So I would expect a heavy dose of passing there. Im not sure about auction prices but maybe you can get the same production from Romo for cheaper.
@BSLMikeRandall

#34 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 01:04 PM

The only other possible keeper would have been DeMarco Murray for $27.

If I don't keep Stafford for $46 I would be stuck with a Foles, Cutler or Dalton for $20-35.

Definitely dont keep Murray in Linehans system. Nothing wrong with Foles. His Y/A and TD/TO ratio was better than Peytons last year.
@BSLMikeRandall

#35 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,560 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 01:57 PM

Definitely dont keep Murray in Linehans system. Nothing wrong with Foles. His Y/A and TD/TO ratio was better than Peytons last year.

Sorry, Stafford is $44. Not $46. Not that it really matters.

Foles is losing DeSean Jackson and Lazor. I think he'll be fine this year but nowhere near what he was last year.

#36 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,560 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 03:38 PM

Ok, so you convinced me not to keep Stafford for $44. Our keepers are due Saturday at midnight. I am going to keep Murray for $27. I think he'd go higher in our league since RB's are at a premium (when are they not?) and as long as he stays healthy (I know, big IF) he'll produce. It sounds like they want to work him into the passing game too which could be a huge plus.

I am going to try to draft Stafford for cheaper and if he goes higher, which I doubt, I will set my sights on Romo or Foles. However, I could have traded Murray for Foles who would be $6.

I am just not a big believer in Foles.

#37 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,378 posts
  • LocationFormerly known as allstar1579

Posted 16 August 2014 - 08:05 PM

Torrey Smith, Ray Rice, Reggie Bush, Michael Crabtree, Andre Johnson.

Pick 2.
@JeremyMStrain

#38 fishteacher

fishteacher

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,880 posts
  • LocationHarrisburg, PA

Posted 17 August 2014 - 12:21 AM

Torrey Smith, Ray Rice, Reggie Bush, Michael Crabtree, Andre Johnson.

Pick 2.

Bush/Crabtree.
I'm here to do two things...chew bubblegum and kick ass, and I'm all out of bubblegum. ~ Roddy Piper
@therealjfisher

#39 Dr. FLK

Dr. FLK

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,239 posts

Posted 21 December 2014 - 06:40 PM

After this season, am I crazy if I keep Eddie lacy and odell Beckham over peyton? I think Peyton is slowing down, and I can grab a good qb early. I think OBJ is legit.

#40 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 21 December 2014 - 08:46 PM

After this season, am I crazy if I keep Eddie lacy and odell Beckham over peyton? I think Peyton is slowing down, and I can grab a good qb early. I think OBJ is legit.

Not crazy at all. You should definitely keep those two.

@BSLMikeRandall

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=