#21 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,365 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 05 July 2013 - 09:43 PM

@WojYahooNBA: Dwight Howard's plan was always to meet with the Lakers a final time and tell MItch Kupchak of his decision.

@WojYahooNBA: Los Angeles issued a statement saying that Howard informed Kupchak of his decision "to not return to the Lakers."

People better not hammer him for going to Mitch in person and informing him of his decision.

#22 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,365 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 05 July 2013 - 09:47 PM

He's just been his usual self. I guess it isn't wrong, per se, but I just don't get it.

Someone on twitter made an excellent point that 10 or 20 years ago, no one would have gotten on him for this at all since it wouldn't Jane been covered.

I think his previous awful issues with the Magic has closed people's minds here.

#23 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,477 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 05 July 2013 - 09:49 PM

People better not hammer him for going to Mitch in person and informing him of his decision.

Why? That's so 1900's... who informs people of their decisions in person anymore? 

Where was the HS basketball court, Boys and Girls Clubs of America, and ESPN... to see him announce that he was taking his talents to Houston?

#24 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 09:50 PM

I'm sure Cupcheck is elated that Howard came to him in person to tell him he wasnt resigning.

Call me suspicious. He wasnt even in LA right. Or was he?? If he wasn't why would you fly in to LA to tell them no. Either he was truely waffling, who knows he probably still is, or he is going to try to get the Lakers to do a sign and trade or something.

#25 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,440 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 05 July 2013 - 09:51 PM

Someone on twitter made an excellent point that 10 or 20 years ago, no one would have gotten on him for this at all since it wouldn't Jane been covered.

I think his previous awful issues with the Magic has closed people's minds here.

Twitter, the internet, it wasn't this way back in the good ol' days.......that's a poor excuse that I hear so often. If it was always his intention to meet with the Lakers in person before announcing anything, and one of his boys let it slip that he was going to Houston, then he's not, then he's unsure, then he's meeting with the Lakers........then he needs to drop the hammer on someone's ass. Given his reputation, his friends are not doing him any favors.

#26 SBTarheel

SBTarheel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,851 posts
  • LocationEldersburg, Md

Posted 05 July 2013 - 09:52 PM

Why? That's so 1900's... who informs people of their decisions in person anymore? 

Where was the HS basketball court, Boys and Girls Clubs of America, and ESPN... to see him announce that he was taking his talents to Houston?

Whoa, B Nick, is that you? 

:)

@beginthebegin71

#27 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,477 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 05 July 2013 - 09:54 PM

Whoa, B Nick, is that you? 

:)

LOL, just funny that he did the reverse and is getting blasted for it. I was being sarcastic.

Now, to be clear, even you have to think LeBron handled that whole situation as bad as he could have... other than maybe giving the proceeds to "charity"... if he hadn't, I guess that's the only thing that would have made it worse, lol.

#28 SBTarheel

SBTarheel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,851 posts
  • LocationEldersburg, Md

Posted 05 July 2013 - 09:55 PM

LOL, just funny that he did the reverse and is getting blasted for it. I was being sarcastic.

Now, to be clear, even you have to think LeBron handled that whole situation as bad as he could have... other than maybe giving the proceeds to "charity"... if he hadn't, I guess that's the only thing that would have made it worse, lol.

Of course.

@beginthebegin71

#29 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,477 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 05 July 2013 - 09:56 PM

This is another rule of the Twitterverse. If a rumor/contact isn't immediately ratified by official outlets, then the player is blamed, for no good reason at all.

#30 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 09:57 PM

Lebron could piss in Seth's cereal and he wouldn't think it was wrong.

#31 SBTarheel

SBTarheel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,851 posts
  • LocationEldersburg, Md

Posted 05 July 2013 - 09:58 PM

This is another rule of the Twitterverse. If a rumor/contact isn't immediately ratified by official outlets, then the player is blamed, for no good reason at all.

So true.

The whole "changed my mind" thing is what's bothering people I'd assume. But yeah, nothing was official.

@beginthebegin71

#32 SBTarheel

SBTarheel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,851 posts
  • LocationEldersburg, Md

Posted 05 July 2013 - 09:59 PM

Lebron could piss in Seth's cereal and he wouldn't think it was wrong.

Good one.

• SportsGuy likes this
@beginthebegin71

#33 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 05 July 2013 - 10:00 PM

I think it was classy of him to do.

He did nothing wrong in this process...no reason for anyone to bash him.

#34 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,477 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 05 July 2013 - 10:01 PM

So true.

The whole "changed my mind" thing is what's bothering people I'd assume. But yeah, nothing was official.

Which is probably just some "sources" finding out he was meeting/contacting Mitch, and then opining that he was "changing his mind"... when in reality, it looks like Dwight was trying to do the opposite of what LeBron did when he did his whole "decision" thing. 

#35 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,440 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 05 July 2013 - 10:03 PM

So true.

Truthfully, while I find him annoying, this really doesn't bother me as much as I let on. It's simply the perfect outlet for my Jim Johnson frustrations right now. Lucky you, Dwight.   :grin:

• You Play to Win the Game likes this

#36 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,477 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 05 July 2013 - 10:03 PM

I'm sure Cupcheck is elated that Howard came to him in person to tell him he wasnt resigning.

Call me suspicious. He wasnt even in LA right. Or was he?? If he wasn't why would you fly in to LA to tell them no. Either he was truely waffling, who knows he probably still is, or he is going to try to get the Lakers to do a sign and trade or something.

Of all the people to criticize him doing the opposite of what LeBron did. 

#37 SBTarheel

SBTarheel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,851 posts
  • LocationEldersburg, Md

Posted 05 July 2013 - 10:06 PM

Which is probably just some "sources" finding out he was meeting/contacting Mitch, and then opining that he was "changing his mind"... when in reality, it looks like Dwight was trying to do the opposite of what LeBron did when he did his whole "decision" thing. 

Exactly.

it's a shame i didn't do "The decision" when I decided to leave the Foxhole and come here. Of course, Nickle would've hated me even more, and who needs that aggravation.

Dammit!!

@beginthebegin71

#38 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 10:10 PM

Of all the people to criticize him doing the opposite of what LeBron did. 

Its Dwight Howard we are talking about. Im sorry if I dont think this was all on the up and up.

Besides, its still not the anti LeBron. The anti LeBron is just putting it out through your agent or whatever that you are signing with Hou. Your still making a scene by going to Cupceck first. I mean he was there for 1 year. A rollercoaster year at that. I could see a player who had been in an organization for a number of years telling the team he was leaving in person but this just seems like a publicity stunt.

#39 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,477 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 05 July 2013 - 10:13 PM

Its Dwight Howard we are talking about. Im sorry if I dont think this was all on the up and up.

Besides, its still not the anti LeBron. The anti LeBron is just putting it out through your agent or whatever that you are signing with Hou. Your still making a scene by going to Cupceck first. I mean he was there for 1 year. A rollercoaster year at that. I could see a player who had been in an organization for a number of years telling the team he was leaving in person but this just seems like a publicity stunt.

I guess the other anti-LeBron thing to do would him being white. I mean, seriously, you're going with this? A publicity stunt? Was he tweeting his every move on 4square... "I'm on my private jet, headed back to LA"... "I've landed on top of the Staples Center"... "I'm in Mitch's office"... "I just had to do the toughest thing I've ever had to do, tell Mitch to his face I'll be leaving the Lakers."

My initial sentence isn't accusatory of you BTW, it's for effect... because that's how ridiculous I think this is.

#40 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 10:14 PM

Dwight wasnt in LA right????

I mean if you are Cupcheck right now, arent you rolling your eyes a bit saying to yourself, why is this guy flying in to LA just to tell me he's leaving?? And even assuming the word didnt get out, like if someone is coming to meet you in person wouldnt you be getting your hopes up. I mean in this situation the quick clean break is the best. I just dont get it??? Were Dwight and Mitchy real close??? History doesnt suggest that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=