#2 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,541 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 28 May 2013 - 07:12 AM

Really looking forward to seeing Gausman go again tonight. 

#3 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 28 May 2013 - 09:24 AM

I'm considering going, I brought my stuff to my office just in case. Either way, first game I'm watching in nearly two weeks. As much as I enjoyed my vacation, really looking forward to getting back into the daily routine of watching the O's every night (or close to it).

@levineps

#4 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,541 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 28 May 2013 - 10:00 AM

It'll be weird seeing a guy like Gausman bat. 

#5 Chris B

Chris B

• Moderators
  • 22,244 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 28 May 2013 - 10:01 AM

It'll be weird seeing a guy like Gausman bat. 

He's also a lefty.

Looks like scattered t-storms around the metro area this afternoon. Hope it doesn't affect the game.

#6 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 28 May 2013 - 11:39 AM

He's also a lefty.

Looks like scattered t-storms around the metro area this afternoon. Hope it doesn't affect the game.

Everything I've seen has him listed as both a righty hitter/pitcher.

@levineps

#7 Chris B

Chris B

• Moderators
  • 22,244 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 28 May 2013 - 11:41 AM

He's also a lefty. Looks like scattered t-storms around the metro area this afternoon. Hope it doesn't affect the game.
Everything I've seen has him listed as both a righty hitter/pitcher.
During the game yesterday Hunter and Bordy said he was a lefty hitter. Not sure what's right. Just repeating what they said.

#8 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 28 May 2013 - 12:07 PM

During the game yesterday Hunter and Bordy said he was a lefty hitter. Not sure what's right. Just repeating what they said.

Guess we'll see tonight. I couldn't watch the game yesterday but if everything but those two have differently, I'm inclined to think they are wrong.

Once again, Thorne wants no part of the "mixed" booth; guessing that Palmer doesn't either but he's been on the Battle of the Beltways telecasts before. I think I'm the only one who doesn't mind/indifferent to the mixed booth concept. It was cool at first, now I've just kind of accepted it since it's in it's 5th years. Nothing like fans on both sides, complaining about the "other" commenators.

@levineps

#9 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 28 May 2013 - 01:28 PM

For those of you who went to Nats Park yesterday(or earlier this year). Any new food options? (I know about Hard Times, Shake Shack, Ben Chilli Bowl, and the standard fare) Still haven't decided if I'm going but leaning towards it. I'm trying to spend less than $20 tonight between tickets ($5), metro (~$5), which would leave $10 for food, and I usually do the DD thing.

@levineps

#10 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,380 posts
  • LocationFormerly known as allstar1579

Posted 28 May 2013 - 01:44 PM

For those of you who went to Nats Park yesterday(or earlier this year). Any new food options? (I know about Hard Times, Shake Shack, Ben Chilli Bowl, and the standard fare) Still haven't decided if I'm going but leaning towards it. I'm trying to spend less than $20 tonight between tickets ($5), metro (~$5), which would leave $10 for food, and I usually do the DD thing.

If it's me, I've gotta splurge and do Shake Shack. Just don't get other chances to get there. Pricey, but so good.

@JeremyMStrain

#11 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 28 May 2013 - 02:01 PM

If it's me, I've gotta splurge and do Shake Shack. Just don't get other chances to get there. Pricey, but so good.

I'd rather go to the one on Connecticut Avenue, but I might do something else up there. I do like Shake Shack.

@levineps

#12 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,380 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 02:12 PM

I'd rather go to the one on Connecticut Avenue, but I might do something else up there. I do like Shake Shack.

Yeah my office is further up Conn in Kensington and I find myself thinking about making the trek all the time, but it just never seems like it's worth the traffic.

@JeremyMStrain

#13 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 28 May 2013 - 02:27 PM

Yeah my office is further up Conn in Kensington and I find myself thinking about making the trek all the time, but it just never seems like it's worth the traffic.

My dad works a few blocks away from there so I have dinner with him there/other places around from time-to-time.

@levineps

#14 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,541 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 28 May 2013 - 02:28 PM

Kensington... ugh. Sorry dude. 

#15 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,380 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 02:31 PM

Kensington... ugh. Sorry dude. 

Yeah it's not so terrible, I only actually go IN to the office once or twice a week for a couple hours (or when I get bored), and it's just a couple min off 495, so door to door it's like 20 min unless its a rough traffic day.

@JeremyMStrain

#16 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,541 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 28 May 2013 - 02:32 PM

Yeah it's not so terrible, I only actually go IN to the office once or twice a week for a couple hours (or when I get bored), and it's just a couple min off 495, so door to door it's like 20 min unless its a rough traffic day.

Yeah... It's just gotten so much worse there the last 10 years or so, IMO. 

Is Kensington still dry?

#17 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,380 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 02:37 PM

Yeah... It's just gotten so much worse there the last 10 years or so, IMO. 

Is Kensington still dry?

I think it might be, but they are trying to redevelop Kensington right now like they did to downtown Rockville recently, so if it is, it won't last. I mean come on, if Damascus can jump off the wagon, they should too ;)

@JeremyMStrain

#18 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,541 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 28 May 2013 - 02:39 PM

I think it might be, but they are trying to redevelop Kensington right now like they did to downtown Rockville recently, so if it is, it won't last. I mean come on, if Damascus can jump off the wagon, they should too ;)

Exactly. My office is in Damascus... a lot of my clients are still shocked that the referendum passed. It's weird hitting up the Music Cafe and having a beer. 

#19 Chris B

Chris B

• Moderators
  • 22,244 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 28 May 2013 - 02:46 PM

Brittany Ghiroli @Britt_Ghiroli 5m

#Orioles lineup: McLouth 7, Machado 5, Markakis 9, Jones 8, Davis. 3, Wieters 2, Hardy 6, Navarro 4, Gausman RHP.

#20 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,380 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 02:47 PM

Exactly. My office is in Damascus... a lot of my clients are still shocked that the referendum passed. It's weird hitting up the Music Cafe and having a beer. 

How long til Jimmy Cone starts offering a Baileys and Khalua milkshake?

• You Play to Win the Game likes this
@JeremyMStrain

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=