#21 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,728 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 18 February 2014 - 02:31 PM

Titanfall is going to be pretty epic though.

http://kotaku.com/th...dium=Socialflow

#22 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,728 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 28 February 2014 - 11:53 AM

Costco had XBOX One for 480,  not exactly a huge discount but 20 bucks is 20 bucks.

#23 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,463 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 28 February 2014 - 11:57 AM

The latest update improved the speech recognition of Kinect quite a bit. It's nearly flawless for me now. 

I'm looking forward to the update where they allow DLNA server for video streaming on the back end. That needs to happen. I still use my 360 for that currently. Also, HBOGO. Come the eff on.

#24 Dupin

Dupin

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,316 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 02:07 PM

Costco had XBOX One for 480, not exactly a huge discount but 20 bucks is 20 bucks.

When you factor in tax, it's still cheaper to buy it off of amazon.

They're apparently bundling every One with Titanfall next month because the PS4 is destroying them in sales. I'm still holding off on buying anything because there still isn't anything worth playing. Maybe I'll be tempted when The Witcher 3 comes out.

I run multiple monitors on my computer, so I do most of my streaming there. Better control and my TV is only 720p while my IPS monitor is beautiful.

#25 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,463 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 28 February 2014 - 02:08 PM

I'm not convinced on Titanfall yet. 

#26 Dupin

Dupin

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,316 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 02:10 PM

I'm glad I'm not the only one. I thought the concept is overplayed. There have been a lot of mech games, this isn't some paradigm breaking thing like it's being portrayed as.

#27 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,728 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 28 February 2014 - 02:19 PM

When you factor in tax, it's still cheaper to buy it off of amazon.

They're apparently bundling every One with Titanfall next month because the PS4 is destroying them in sales. I'm still holding off on buying anything because there still isn't anything worth playing. Maybe I'll be tempted when The Witcher 3 comes out.

I run multiple monitors on my computer, so I do most of my streaming there. Better control and my TV is only 720p while my IPS monitor is beautiful.

Ugh I hadn't seen that, and that's they game I've been waiting on.  Is it only a preorder and will they still sell that bundle after the game comes out?

#28 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,377 posts
  • LocationFormerly known as allstar1579

Posted 28 February 2014 - 02:21 PM

Oh I am.

@JeremyMStrain

#29 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,377 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 02:22 PM

Ugh I hadn't seen that, and that's they game I've been waiting on.  Is it only a preorder and will they still sell that bundle after the game comes out?

I don't know how easy it will be to get it after 3/11, but I know you save $60 (titanfall) and if you get it on amazon you save tax (I have prime so free shipping too) so you'd end up saving like $80 bucks or so.

@JeremyMStrain

#30 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,463 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 28 February 2014 - 02:23 PM

Oh I am.

Sell me on it. GO.

#31 Dupin

Dupin

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,316 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 02:23 PM

Ugh I hadn't seen that, and that's they game I've been waiting on. Is it only a preorder and will they still sell that bundle after the game comes out?

I believe it's a bundle with a download code, but I'm not sure. I read it somewhere yesterday.

On a side note, I don't envy anyone who streams on a 360. I started using my PS3 when I do it in the TV because there are jet engines more quiet than my 360. I've seriously thought about modding it or getting one of the newer ones.

#32 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,377 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 02:30 PM

Sell me on it. GO.

Gimme a min, I'm playing Plants vs Zombies on XB1.

@JeremyMStrain

#33 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,463 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 28 February 2014 - 02:31 PM

How's that?

#34 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,377 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 03:15 PM

How's that?

Its goofy but fun. Got it for the girls really. Passing time til titanfall for me.
@JeremyMStrain

#35 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,377 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 10:23 AM

Sell me on it. GO.

Ok, runs as smooth as the best COD, but the added features of wall running/jumping, and the giant robots change things up enough to fix the normal COD problems. The Titans aren't some unstoppable nuclear bomb like in COD, and they are really fun to kill, you feel like a total rockstar when you are on foot and charge head on 1v1 on a titan and take it down. (I won't tell you how, that's up to your playing style). There's no stupid shields on the people, so you don't have that completely unrealistic Halo thing where kids run around shooting blindly and getting tons of opportunistic kills.

Instead of pulling a knife out for a melee kill, you snap their neck, it's awesome.

All in all it's a good blend of tactical and run and gun, and the best part is that it's limited to 6v6 so it doesn't get to that point where you can't take 5 steps without being gunned down, but it backfills with AI bots to still give that impression of a larger scale battle.

• You Play to Win the Game likes this
@JeremyMStrain

#36 ChaosLex

ChaosLex

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,836 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 07:18 AM

So, I've run into a hell of a problem. Whenever I turn on the system, it turns itself back off just a couple of seconds later. I've checked all my connections and everything seems to be in order.

Fortunately, I bought the XBOX One in the middle of February, so I take it back to GameStop and exchange it. Anybody else run into this issue?

@ChaosLex

Stannis Baratheon: "For the night is dark and full of terrors."

#37 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,728 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 07 March 2014 - 04:10 PM

So as part of our home buying/selling adventure we have to put 500 bucks into an escrow for the people buying our house.  This is for them to inspect our pool and pump.  There's nothing wrong with it as it's only 5 years old, once I get that money back in mid April I'll have 500 dollars to spend on a house warming present for myself at the new house.   Hello XBOX ONE!!  :)

• You Play to Win the Game and JeremyStrain like this

#38 Dupin

Dupin

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,316 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 04:52 PM

I'm tempted to pick up the Titanfall bundle, pending the reviews.  The Witcher 3 and Watch Dogs are coming out fairly soon, it might be time to get one.  I was going to wait for Halo 5 and get the inevitable Halo themed casing, but black goes better with things and that's a long wait.

The PS4 is tempting though, but until they announce when Uncharted 4 is coming out it's less tempting.

#39 Coker

Coker

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,553 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 07:36 PM

Just picked one up the other day and I'm gearing up for Titanfall (really the only reason I bought it).

CokeAndR is my gamertag or whatever it's called. 

#40 Dupin

Dupin

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,316 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 07:55 PM

Just picked one up the other day and I'm gearing up for Titanfall (really the only reason I bought it).

CokeAndR is my gamertag or whatever it's called. 

If you didn't get Titanfall for free then I'd try to take it back.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=