1023 replies to this topic

#1001 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 08:51 PM

Who didn't see this coming. Knew Miami would win easily tonight.

All this drama and Miami is going to virtually coast from this point forward.

Weber,  you name the price on our bet. It's the easiest money i'll ever make.

#1002 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 03 June 2013 - 08:55 PM

15 turnovers for Indiana....moment too big for them?

#1003 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,365 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 09:16 PM

Miami up 15, after Wade scores off an offensive board. 5 minutes left in the 3rd.

Maybe one more punch coming from Indiana, but don't think they have enough offense to make up that deficit.

#1004 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 09:22 PM

For all the drama, Miami has never trailed in this series. Never really been in trouble. They cruised in Gm 3, they virtually cruised in Gm5.Yes, they were down at halftime but seized control of the game by the start of the 4th, and they are cruising tonight.

They've never really been threatened. I'm sure Mike will argue that but it's true.

Not only was the moment to big for Indiana which I mentioned as one of my reasons for them getting beat easily tonight but it's like people forget how good Miami's defense can be when they really decide to turn it up. Talk about offense struggles all you want but this team can still win a lot of games just with their defense.

#1005 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,544 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 03 June 2013 - 09:23 PM

A little drama in the booth about the flopping.

#1006 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 09:24 PM

A little drama in the booth about the flopping.

Thats the only way I could lose my bet to Mike. If Lebron gets a red card and has to sit out a crucial game in the Finals for flopping.

#1007 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,544 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 03 June 2013 - 09:30 PM

I had high hopes for this game. It's pretty much already over before the end of the 3rd. Way too much momentum for Miami, and Hibbert with 5 fouls. They're toast. 

#1008 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 09:31 PM

We don't need to see them lose anything. You said there was no way they could lose. So did B-Nick. Guess what? They've lost 50% of their games against Indiana and we have a game 7. 1 of those wins for Miami was a miracle.

How many wins did Charlotte win this year? Yes...the Heat can lose tonight. 

If not, you can lay 3-1 on your money and become a millionaire tonight by betting Miami. 

Dilutis you're so lucky I wasn't around this afternoon. I would have been so gidddy to only have to give you 3-1 tonight.

#1009 SBTarheel

SBTarheel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,851 posts
  • LocationEldersburg, Md

Posted 03 June 2013 - 09:42 PM

I wonder if things would have been different if Danny Granger was even a little healthy...Indiana's bench is atrocious.

The cream rose to the top tonight, that is pretty obvious. 

@beginthebegin71

#1010 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,387 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 03 June 2013 - 09:52 PM

Great defense and rebounding from the Heat tonight. And yes Branden, of course I disagree. Anytime a series goes 7, there WA a threat. I'm not sure how that can even be argued against.

#1011 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 09:55 PM

Great defense and rebounding from the Heat tonight. And yes Branden, of course I disagree. Anytime a series goes 7, there WA a threat. I'm not sure how that can even be argued against.

Argue semantics all you want. Bottom line is, and I think most here would agree, Miami was in control of the series all the way.

#1012 SBTarheel

SBTarheel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,851 posts
  • LocationEldersburg, Md

Posted 03 June 2013 - 09:59 PM

Looking forward to watching the Dr. J documentary.

@beginthebegin71

#1013 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,387 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 09:59 PM

I'm not arguing semantics at all. I'm making a really simple and obvious point. That's all.

#1014 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 10:03 PM

I'm not arguing semantics at all. I'm making a really simple and obvious point. That's all.

Was Miami not in control of this series the whole way??? They never trailed in the series. The only time they didn't have home court was heading into gm3 where they completely smacked the Pacers down like they did tonight.

This sereis was never as close as it was on paper, being 7 games and all.

#1015 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 03 June 2013 - 10:06 PM

This game played out exactly how Wilbon said it would when he was on PTI today.

#1016 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,387 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 10:08 PM

The series was very close going into tonight. Anytime a series goes 7, the favorite was threatened. That's all. Miami was still the favorite throughout and I never said otherwise.

#1017 PD24

PD24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,070 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 10:11 PM

Dilutis you're so lucky I wasn't around this afternoon. I would have been so gidddy to only have to give you 3-1 tonight.

Nah, I actually took Miami. They were never losing tonight IMO. But they went from not being able to lose in the Finals in your eyes to being tied with 1 minute left in game 7 to the #3 seed in the East. That's quite a fall, sir. ;) 

@PeterDiLutis

#1018 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 10:13 PM

The series was very close going into tonight. Anytime a series goes 7, the favorite was threatened. That's all. Miami was still the favorite throughout and I never said otherwise.

Semantics. Sure, you can argue they were threatened. SO bad choice of words from me. At the same time, they were always in control of the series. Not once did I, or probalby a lot of other people, really think Miami was going to lose the series.

BTW....name the bet for the Finals. You get 5-1. Just think of the amount of money you're willing to lose. Cuz I'm gonna make you sign the bill and I'm gonna hang it up somewhere

#1019 PD24

PD24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,070 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 10:17 PM

Semantics. Sure, you can argue they were threatened. SO bad choice of words from me. At the same time, they were always in control of the series. Not once did I, or probalby a lot of other people, really think Miami was going to lose the series.

BTW....name the bet for the Finals. You get 5-1. Just think of the amount of money you're willing to lose. Cuz I'm gonna make you sign the bill and I'm gonna hang it up somewhere

I'm not going to take advantage of you like that because I like you. If I didn't, I'd take the Spurs 5-1 with you and then take the Heat laying 3-1. 

@PeterDiLutis

#1020 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 03 June 2013 - 10:19 PM

Nah, I actually took Miami. They were never losing tonight IMO. But they went from not being able to lose in the Finals in your eyes to being tied with 1 minute left in game 7 to the #3 seed in the East. That's quite a fall, sir. ;) 

And they still didn't lose that 4th game.

That's what I have been saying.,.will anyone be able to beat them 4 times? I just don't see it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=