#981 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,387 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 03 June 2013 - 02:59 PM

I wouldn't bet Miami right now, at least not with any confidence.

Again, this is a shell of Miami.

And yes, I said no way they lose 4 games in a 7 game series...but an unhealthy Wade and Bosh make this a different discussion.

Wade was already unhealthy and Bosh is pretty much fine, health isn't his issue.

#982 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 03 June 2013 - 03:00 PM

You're giving the Pacers no credit and putting all of the blame on Wade and Bosh not being healthy. Maybe Bosh is just soft and Hibbert is abusing him inside? Maybe Wade isn't the same skill-wise either? 

The reason I said the Heat could lose is because I felt they were vulnerable against the right team. I'll be honest...I didn't think that team would be the Pacers, but IMO the Pacers and Frank Vogel have as much to do with this situation right now as the Heat's collective health.

I'm giving the Pacers no credit?  LOL

When we first started the podcast, I said the Pacers were the team to beat in the East outside of Miami.  I said they were the team to give them the biggest fits and I said that about 30ish games into the season, so please, spare me your bs.

But clearly, this Miami team isn't the one we saw all season long because of the injuries...That should be obvious to anyone.

#983 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 03 June 2013 - 03:01 PM

Wade was already unhealthy and Bosh is pretty much fine, health isn't his issue.

I don't buy that.  The ankle is an issue.  His biggest advantage against Hibbert is quickness and if he can't use that, then he can't do much unless he gets lucky hitting some 3s.

He started the series off fine.

#984 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,387 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 03:10 PM

I don't buy that.  The ankle is an issue.  His biggest advantage against Hibbert is quickness and if he can't use that, then he can't do much unless he gets lucky hitting some 3s.

He started the series off fine.

Before he got hurt you were complaining about him and saying that he needs to use his quickness against Hibbert. He's been a jump shooter the whole series and he was sucking the during the part of the game before he got hurt. He also looked pretty healthy last game.

#985 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 03 June 2013 - 03:17 PM

Before he got hurt you were complaining about him and saying that he needs to use his quickness against Hibbert. He's been a jump shooter the whole series and he was sucking the during the part of the game before he got hurt. He also looked pretty healthy last game.

Yea, I didn't think he was attacking enough...but its not like that can't be an adjustment that is made.

He averaged 16 a game in games 1-3...6 a game in the last 3.

#986 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,387 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 03:32 PM

Yea, I didn't think he was attacking enough...but its not like that can't be an adjustment that is made.

He averaged 16 a game in games 1-3...6 a game in the last 3.

He's been shooting jumpers the whole series, ankle injury or not. He was terrible before he got hurt in game 4 so no, it's not just the ankle and if you've watched the last game, it would be difficult to come away from it thinking that Bosh isn't pretty healthy. That's not based on stats, that's from watching him move around.

#987 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,387 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 03:39 PM

A good article from Posnanski as he looks forward to game 7: http://www.nbcsports...com/id/52079525

• You Play to Win the Game likes this

#988 PD24

PD24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,070 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 03:41 PM

I'm giving the Pacers no credit?  LOL

When we first started the podcast, I said the Pacers were the team to beat in the East outside of Miami.  I said they were the team to give them the biggest fits and I said that about 30ish games into the season, so please, spare me your bs.

But clearly, this Miami team isn't the one we saw all season long because of the injuries...That should be obvious to anyone.

You're using every excuse in the book for why Miami is in this situation. You have yet to say, maybe the Heat weren't as far away from every other team as you thought they were. 

@PeterDiLutis

#989 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 03 June 2013 - 03:52 PM

You're using every excuse in the book for why Miami is in this situation. You have yet to say, maybe the Heat weren't as far away from every other team as you thought they were. 

A healthy Heat team was easily the best team in the league.

I don't need to retract that statement.

They won 66 games, 27 in a row and 47 out of 50...and one of those losses was in SA when they sat their whole team.

When you are easily the best team and have easily the best player, you don't lose titles in the NBA....unless other issues happen, like injuries.

For someone who fancies himself as a knowledgable NBA guy, I really hope you can watch Miami now and compare them to Miami of 3-6 weeks ago and see that the injuries, especially Wade, have really hurt this team and that this isn't the same team.

#990 PD24

PD24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,070 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 04:09 PM

A healthy Heat team was easily the best team in the league.

I don't need to retract that statement.

They won 66 games, 27 in a row and 47 out of 50...and one of those losses was in SA when they sat their whole team.

When you are easily the best team and have easily the best player, you don't lose titles in the NBA....unless other issues happen, like injuries.

For someone who fancies himself as a knowledgable NBA guy, I really hope you can watch Miami now and compare them to Miami of 3-6 weeks ago and see that the injuries, especially Wade, have really hurt this team and that this isn't the same team.

It's already been pointed out to you that Bosh isn't really hurt and he was playing poorly against this matchup before he got hurt.

So basically, you're saying with Wade not at 100%, the Heat go from this untouchable, amazing, historic team that never had a chance to even sniff a loss and who would be favored in every game in the NBA Finals, to a team on the brink of not even making the Finals and losing to the #3 seed in the East? 

That's a pretty big reach there. 

@PeterDiLutis

#991 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,387 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 04:24 PM

Even with an injured Wade, there was a fair amount of this team can't lose on here and elsewhere.

#992 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 03 June 2013 - 05:07 PM

It's already been pointed out to you that Bosh isn't really hurt and he was playing poorly against this matchup before he got hurt.

So basically, you're saying with Wade not at 100%, the Heat go from this untouchable, amazing, historic team that never had a chance to even sniff a loss and who would be favored in every game in the NBA Finals, to a team on the brink of not even making the Finals and losing to the #3 seed in the East? 

That's a pretty big reach there. 

Yes, when you are basically missing one of the top 10 players in the game, that changes your whole team...especially a team whose role players feed off of their stars.

#993 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 03 June 2013 - 05:07 PM

Even with an injured Wade, there was a fair amount of this team can't lose on here and elsewhere.

Depended on the extent of the injury.

#994 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 05:56 PM

The thing is this is about as bad as Miami can look outside of James playing bad. Wade and Bosh are about as bad as they can be and they are getting nothing from the role players you expect to contirbute like Allen and Battier. So in addition to Wade and Bosh , no one except maybe Anderson, has stepped up. With all of that going wrong they've still forced a Gm 7 on their own homecourt.

Indiana has played them tough, has matched up with them well. I said that earlier that after watching 2 games i could see how well Indiana matched up with them and expected the series to go 6 or 7. I can absolutely see the Heat finding their stride a bit from here forward. In fact, I stick by my predicition that they'll beat SA relatively easily. I predicted 5 games earlier, now I'll say 5 or 6. Thats how concerned I am with how poor they've played for most of this series. I might give SA one more game against them.

It's gonna be funny if they go out and play tonight like they did in GM 3. If they do everybody will be back on the bandwagon. The panic monkeys will calm down . Again, I say Miami finds their 2nd win from this point forward and win the FInals relatively easily. They've played about as bad as anyone could realistically expect them to play during this series and they're still gonna win it. It's like people forget that Wade wasn't the same coming into the playoffs and they ran over Milwaukee and Chicago. Sure, that says something about Milwaukee and Chicago but it also says something about how good Miami can be even at 80-85% as a team.

#995 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,544 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 03 June 2013 - 05:56 PM

ESPN: Chris Bosh Apologizes to Heat

http://espn.go.com/n...-indiana-pacers

#996 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,544 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 03 June 2013 - 06:09 PM

A good article from Posnanski as he looks forward to game 7: http://www.nbcsports...com/id/52079525

Really enjoyed this. This particular part really sums up my evolution to enjoying LeBron play:

That seemed to me to be at the heart of things: I think LeBron wanted it easy. And that was kind of unseemly and infuriating. LeBron James is one of the greatest basketball players who ever lived. He isn’t supposed to be looking for the easy way. I rooted against him those first two years with vigor.

Then, one day I stopped rooting against him. That happened during last year’s playoffs. The Heat was playing Boston, and the Celtics had Miami down three games to two. The game was in Boston, and I settled in to see what LeBron would do.

He responded with what is probably the single greatest individual game I’d ever seen under pressure. He scored 45, grabbed 15 rebounds, added five assists, but even extraordinary numbers do not capture the way he dominated every moment of that game, how he willed the Heat to victory like I had hoped he would will Cleveland to victory two years earlier. At that point, the fun of rooting against him just kind of drained away. What was the point of rooting against that sort of magnificence?

#997 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 06:17 PM

Really enjoyed this. This particular part really sums up my evolution to enjoying LeBron play:

OMG. One of Weber's fav writers was in the same boat as me. LeBron clearly took the easy way out. See, not just the Lebron haters realize it.

FIne, love the brillance of LeBron if you want. He is brillant. That doesn't take away the fact that he took the easy way out.

#998 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,367 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 08:28 PM

Miami up 44-34, with 2:56 left in the 1st half.

#999 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 03 June 2013 - 08:35 PM

Hibbert with 3 fouls now.

Miami up double digits heading into the half.

#1000 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,544 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 03 June 2013 - 08:41 PM

LeBron's getting plenty of support tonight... 10 from Wade, 10 from Allen, 7 from Bosh. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=