#61 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,231 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 05:36 PM

Behind the Steel Curtain: Reactions to Maurkice Pouncey's 'Free Hernandez' Hat
http://www.behindthe...e-hernandez-hat

Steelers fans reacting with sensible comments to the Pouncey's Brothers dumb decision to wear Free Hernandez hats.

#62 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,231 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 08:54 AM

Sports on Earth: Steel wheels
http://www.sportsone...ticle/55566092/

#63 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,231 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 10:06 AM

NBC Sports / Pro Football Talk: Steelers going 'old-old-school' in training camp
http://profootballta...-training-camp/

#64 Adam Wolff

Adam Wolff

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,294 posts
  • LocationWaynesboro, PA

Posted 05 August 2013 - 10:55 AM

As a Steelers fan, last year I predicted they would struggle and they did. This year, I think they might be a bit better than people expect, if not primarily because most are expecting them to finish 3rd. 

@AdamWolff

#65 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,231 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 11:15 AM

As a Steelers fan, last year I predicted they would struggle and they did. This year, I think they might be a bit better than people expect, if not primarily because most are expecting them to finish 3rd. 

I have that feeling as well.  I think going back to being a run first team might work out well. Teams across the league are getting lighter to counter the spread offenses. A team that is a traditional pound-the-rock type team might be able to exploit that.

#66 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,502 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 05 August 2013 - 12:19 PM

Yep, I've been telling my Steelers fan friends this all off-season. Everyone remains very down on them, but I honestly don't see Wallace as a huge loss... if they had lost Sanders to NE, then I'd be freaking out a bit if I were them. The line is better, they got a good solid rookie RB, Ben appears to be healthy. I expect them to be in the mix for sure. I think it's foolish to expect otherwise.

#67 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 05 August 2013 - 09:25 PM

Their Oline could be really good...that is a big key.

#68 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,231 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 08:29 AM

SI: Is Jarvis Jones the next great Pittsburgh LB?
http://sportsillustr...?sct=nfl_t1t_a3

#69 Icterus galbula

Icterus galbula

Half-Member, Half-Amazing

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,224 posts
  • LocationThe Big Easy

Posted 21 August 2013 - 05:04 PM

http://espn.go.com/n...i-play-saturday

LeVeon Bell has a Lisfranc injury. He'll be out 6 or more weeks is what people are saying.

From footballguys-

I asked our Footballguys Resident MD, Dr. Jene Bramel about it and he had this: "Lisfranc is not always an easy diagnosis but the question likely is whether it's high grade enough to require surgery not whether it's the correct diagnosis.

"My read is that the exam and MRI are both worrisome for joint instability but there's no fracture. Bell will likely see Dr. James Anderson to decide whether he needs surgery. 

"Best case is 6-10 weeks if they can avoid surgery. If surgery is required, it would almost certainly end his season. It would be doubtful they'd consider IR/return designation if Bell had surgery."

#70 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,502 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 21 August 2013 - 05:11 PM

That's a fairly significant blow for Pittsburgh.

#71 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 05:21 PM

That's a fairly significant blow for Pittsburgh.

Yeah. I've read things where they compared him to Ray Rice as far as dangerous in open space goes. This is a huge blow.
@BSLMikeRandall

#72 SammyBirdland

SammyBirdland

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,019 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 11:04 AM

From FantasySharks on Facebook:

The Eagles have traded RB Felix Jones to the Steelers for LB Adrian Robinson. The Eagles were looking to add a LB and Jones provides depth for Pittsburgh now that Le'Veon Bell is hurt.

https://www.facebook...151793893367929

¡Hasta la vista, pelota!

#73 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,577 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 11:11 AM

Their RB situation still sucks.

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#74 SammyBirdland

SammyBirdland

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,019 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 09:21 PM

Jonathan Dwyer got released today.  Didn't see that coming.

http://espn.go.com/n...sburgh-steelers

¡Hasta la vista, pelota!

#75 BSLMattJergensen

BSLMattJergensen

Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 978 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 05:32 PM

http://scores.espn.g...ameId=330908023

Steelers had rough sledding in Week One. Offense was stagnant. Couldn't run it.

Pouncey looks done for the year.

http://espn.go.com/n...ury-undergo-mri

It's the kind of news that makes you feel better.

#76 Adam Wolff

Adam Wolff

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,294 posts
  • LocationWaynesboro, PA

Posted 09 September 2013 - 04:32 PM

Steelers looked dreadful in Week 1. Defense played well, but it was Tennessee, so that only carries so much weight. Did a lot of things that made them look like a poorly coached team. Not bringing back Arians and hiring Todd Haley continues to look like a poor decision. Pouncey's injury is huge as well. An all around bad day to be a Steelers fan, really.

In other words, you can all be happy!

@AdamWolff

#77 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,502 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 09 September 2013 - 04:35 PM

Steelers looked dreadful in Week 1. Defense played well, but it was Tennessee, so that only carries so much weight. Did a lot of things that made them look like a poorly coached team. Not bringing back Arians and hiring Todd Haley continues to look like a poor decision. Pouncey's injury is huge as well. An all around bad day to be a Steelers fan, really.

What's your pulse on the Tomlin situation there? If the Steelers miss the playoffs again, is Tomlin the HC in 2014?

#78 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,231 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 04:37 PM

Said it in the Week 1 Game Thread... sucked seeing Pouncey get hurt right away like that. 4 minutes into the season... that's horrible.

#79 Adam Wolff

Adam Wolff

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,294 posts
  • LocationWaynesboro, PA

Posted 09 September 2013 - 04:43 PM

What's your pulse on the Tomlin situation there? If the Steelers miss the playoffs again, is Tomlin the HC in 2014?

I would be surprised if he wasn't, unless the Steelers went like..3-13 or something. Bill Cowher had back to back years where he went 7-9 and 6-10, and then missed the playoffs the next year with a 9-7 record. At that point, he had won a bunch of division titles and lost a SB, so less than Tomlin has, and he was obviously brought back. Tomlin still hasn't had a losing season, and has a ring, so I'd think the leash would be pretty long. If they have a losing year this year, though, I'd imagine his seat gets a little warm next year. 

• You Play to Win the Game likes this

@AdamWolff

#80 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,476 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 09 September 2013 - 04:44 PM

The last time the Steelers fired a head coach, LBJ was still the president. While I don't necessarily think Tomlin is that great of a coach as far as in-game decisions, many of their issues (injuries, salary cap) aren't his doing. And the players seem to respect and play hard for him....as long as that remains the case, he'll be back.

• You Play to Win the Game likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=