#21 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,538 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 02 March 2013 - 12:33 PM

8 turnovers in the first 10ish minutes? Sounds about right.

It's hard to even enjoy watching this team. Such sloppy, low IQ play.

I'll go with impossible to enjoy. I mean, how can you possibly enjoy this at all? This is just terrible.

Like most MD games this season, it's been like watching the O's get drubbed 30-3 en route to another 90 loss season.

#22 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,314 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 12:36 PM

With 8 minutes left in the half, MD and WF have combined for 16 turnovers, and 12 FG's.

#23 Adam Wolff

Adam Wolff

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,294 posts
  • LocationWaynesboro, PA

Posted 02 March 2013 - 12:36 PM

I'll go with impossible to enjoy. I mean, how can you possibly enjoy this at all? This is just terrible.

Like most MD games this season, it's been like watching the O's get drubbed 30-3 en route to another 90 loss season.

I hear you. I mean hell, even the Duke win, which was an excellent win, saw the Terps trying their damnedest to give the game away, Duke just didn't want to take it. Just really frustrating and annoying to watch. What do they do in practice?

@AdamWolff

#24 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,650 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 02 March 2013 - 12:41 PM

Wells taking over. I swear Thomas of Wake seems to pick up his pivot foot every time.
@mikeghg

#25 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,538 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 02 March 2013 - 12:43 PM

I hear you. I mean hell, even the Duke win, which was an excellent win, saw the Terps trying their damnedest to give the game away, Duke just didn't want to take it. Just really frustrating and annoying to watch. What do they do in practice?

Saturday's are usually my beer drinking days, so needless to say, I was yelling quite a few expletives at the TV in the 2nd half of that Duke game. That 5-7 minute stretch in the 2nd half when we turned the ball over within like 10-15 seconds of damn near every possession had me going crazy. So frustrating.

#26 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,538 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 02 March 2013 - 12:44 PM

With 8 minutes left in the half, MD and WF have combined for 16 turnovers, and 12 FG's.

Sexy. :evil:

Anyway, I'm done venting... back to the game.

#27 Adam Wolff

Adam Wolff

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,294 posts
  • LocationWaynesboro, PA

Posted 02 March 2013 - 12:45 PM

Apparently Terps are the only ones in the nation that haven't gotten the memo that they're a bad 3 point shooting team.

@AdamWolff

#28 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,538 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 02 March 2013 - 12:46 PM

Apparently Terps are the only ones in the nation that haven't gotten the memo that they're a bad 3 point shooting team.

If Layman and Aronhalt want to put up some trey's, I'll allow it... Anyone else though... not so much. I'm looking at you Pe. I swear, this team is much better when he's not in the lineup.

#29 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,314 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 12:47 PM

0 for 7, with Aronhalt, Allen, and Layman being 0 for 5.

Howard also missing 2 open looks (open for a reason).

#30 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 02 March 2013 - 12:47 PM

Isn't that what I said? lol.

Sorry I interpreted it a bit differently. All-in-all, I think we share the same philosophy. I just think there's a lot of downside to coming back (not sure if you agree or disagree here, and I don't want to put words in your mouth).
@levineps

#31 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,650 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 02 March 2013 - 12:48 PM

I hear you but you can not stop trying. Wake like everyone has all their players with a foot in the paint. One of the reason for all the turnovers is Maryland's guards try to split the gaps. They have to do a better job of getting set. They have guys that can hit them. Layman threw his last attempt up. He was not set.
@mikeghg

#32 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,538 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 02 March 2013 - 12:50 PM

If we got that from Dez regularly, we'd be a much better team.

#33 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 02 March 2013 - 12:50 PM

Just a little anecdote about that -- I was in Colorado at the time. The next day, some of my co-workers mentioned it, I honestly didn't believe them and thought they were pulling a prank since they knew I was a big O's fan.
@levineps

#34 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,650 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 02 March 2013 - 12:56 PM

Maryland settled down the last 5 minutes. Finished on a 10-2 run fueled by 2 3's off screens by Aronhalt. Howard actually got them into a few nice sets toward the end.
@mikeghg

#35 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,650 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 02 March 2013 - 12:58 PM

If we got that from Dez regularly, we'd be a much better team.

He is too unselfish. He should have more shots per game. Wake will adjust in the second half to take away the drive. He needs to trust and hit a few midrange shots.
@mikeghg

#36 Adam Wolff

Adam Wolff

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,294 posts
  • LocationWaynesboro, PA

Posted 02 March 2013 - 01:00 PM

Maryland settled down the last 5 minutes. Finished on a 10-2 run fueled by 2 3's off screens by Aronhalt. Howard actually got them into a few nice sets toward the end.

Was a good close to the half. Hopefully they can build off of that and continue in the 2nd half.

Completely unrelated, but if you're watching the Halftime festivities, how good of a guy does Chris Paul seem to be? Just a classy guy.

@AdamWolff

#37 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,538 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 02 March 2013 - 01:01 PM

He is too unselfish. He should have more shots per game. Wake will adjust in the second half to take away the drive. He needs to trust and hit a few midrange shots.

Yeah, no doubt. A good PG would do a world of good for Dez.

#38 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,650 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 02 March 2013 - 01:05 PM

Yeah, no doubt. A good PG would do a world of good for Dez.

A lot of the others too. Roddy Peters is on the way.
@mikeghg

#39 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,314 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 01:08 PM

Wake Forest entered today's game 249th Nationally in rebounding (MD entered 4th), yet the teams were tied on the boards at the half.

5 different Terps had at-least 2 fouls at half-time. Wake Forest had 12 foul shots in the 1st half (MD had 3).

#40 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 01:10 PM

Started watching the last 10 minutes so can't comment on the first 10 min. I decided i wasn't going to get upset, and really just focus on little things.

What I saw for much of that 10 min, at least until the last few min was a team tht was actually executing pretty well but just not finishing. Thats been as big a problem as just straight up bad IQ and not taking care of the ball. You know, in a matter of about 4 min I saw Layman get to pretty open looks at the rim and not particularly come close to making either one. I saw Faust make a great baseline drive but take off a step to soon and not even hit the rim on a reverse layup attempt, I saw Mitchell get the ball in great position down low and make a good over the shoulder hook shot and not even hit the rim. It's just a simple inability to not put the ball in the basket when having good look.

I guess thats why I'm not too hard on Turge this year. I see an offense that the team struggles to run efficiently and even when they do run it efficiently they struggle to finish by putting the ball in the hoop. I agree in some ways about his rotation needing to be better, about needing to press and try to get a little more fast break oppurtunities at times. That said, this team is just brutal in the half court offense and very little of that IMO is on Turge.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=