• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#1 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,314 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 07:01 PM

Another game MD should win (though Wake has been tough at home, and will have a large crowd on hand for Chris Paul day)... I just want to see the Terps play hard (and as smart as they can) for 40 minutes.

#2 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 01 March 2013 - 07:30 PM

Another game MD should win (though Wake has been tough at home, and will have a large crowd on hand for Chris Paul day)... I just want to see the Terps play hard (and as smart as they can) for 40 minutes.

I'm not sure they "should" win at this point as you pointed out Wake has been good at home, we've been bad on the road. I guess your technically correct since were 1.5 point favorites, I know some will discount that.
@levineps

#3 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,650 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 02 March 2013 - 12:05 AM

I have no doubt about playing hard part, but smart, that seems to be growing increasingly difficult.
@mikeghg

#4 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 11:22 AM

As i said last week, there is no reason the expet this MD team to win on the road.

I'm probably torturing myself but I'm gonna watch the game since I have nothing else to do for the next few hours.

#5 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,538 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 02 March 2013 - 11:25 AM

I have no doubt about playing hard part, but smart, that seems to be growing increasingly difficult.

I don't view it as them having gotten increasingly less smart, so much as just unable to adjust and grow in the basketball IQ area. It's unfortunate. I was really hoping to see progress, but that just hasn't been the case.

#6 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,314 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 11:48 AM

Ohh, I don't expect them to play smart... just hoping they play as smart as they can.

#7 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,314 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 11:48 AM

I was disappointed and annoyed after MD's lost the other day at Georgia Tech... but today is a new day. Yes, MD likely needs to win out here in the regular season, (at Wake, vs. UNC, at UVA) along with 2 wins in the ACCT just to get back on the NCAAT bubble...The deficiencies of this MD team are clear and are the type of holes which prevent a sustained run of positive consistency... but who knows? You have to get 1 win before you can dream of 5+. Start today by winning at Wake.

#8 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,650 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 02 March 2013 - 12:09 PM

I was disappointed and annoyed after MD's lost the other day at Georgia Tech... but today is a new day. Yes, MD likely needs to win out here in the regular season, (at Wake, vs. UNC, at UVA) along with 2 wins in the ACCT just to get back on the NCAAT bubble...The deficiencies of this MD team are clear and are the type of holes which prevent a sustained run of positive consistency... but who knows? You have to get 1 win before you can dream of 5+. Start today by winning at Wake.

Not going t be easy. Senior day at Wake.
Maryland starts with a TO.
@mikeghg

#9 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,650 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 02 March 2013 - 12:11 PM

Interesting Turgeon goes back to original starting 5. Len, Padgett, Wells, Faust and Howard.
@mikeghg

#10 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 02 March 2013 - 12:14 PM

Btw, for those you listening to the game broadcast, you heard the analyst saying Len's stock would likely drop if he cameback because of the whole "potential" factor.
@levineps

#11 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,314 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 12:17 PM

Btw, for those you listening to the game broadcast, you heard the analyst saying Len's stock would likely drop if he came back because of the whole "potential" factor.

His point is only valid, if there is no further progression of Len's game. But the risk of that, is another reason for him to go.

#12 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,314 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 12:17 PM

MD up 9-7, 15:19 left in the 1st.. scoring inside, several early turnovers.

#13 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,650 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 02 March 2013 - 12:18 PM

Btw, for those you listening to the game broadcast, you heard the analyst saying Len's stock would likely drop if he cameback because of the whole "potential" factor.

I heard it, not sure I guess he means if he continues on the path he is now. If he plays well it goes up. Pretty simple really.
@mikeghg

#14 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,650 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 02 March 2013 - 12:22 PM

Already 4 TO's and as many wasted possessions.
TO #5. Allen trying to feed the post from the top of the key. Ugh!!
@mikeghg

#15 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,538 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 02 March 2013 - 12:23 PM

Terps need to keep going inside to Cleare, Len and Mitchell. I don't think Wake is going to be able to handle the inside presence too well.

#16 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 02 March 2013 - 12:25 PM

His point is only valid, if there is no further progression of Len's game. But the risk of that, is another reason for him to go.

But you have to consider how much he would likely go up or go down -- risk and reward. If he were to go from let's say 10 to 8, I don't think it would be worth it. If it were more likely he'd go from 10 to 18th that that scenario, I think we know which scenario everyone here would choose. Usually when your a lottery pick, there's much more downside than upside of coming back.
@levineps

#17 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,314 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 12:27 PM

But you have to consider how much he would likely go up or go down -- risk and reward. If he were to go from let's say 10 to 8, I don't think it would be worth it. If it were more likely he'd go from 10 to 18th that that scenario, I think we know which scenario everyone here would choose. Usually when your a lottery pick, there's much more downside than upside of coming back.

Isn't that what I said? lol.
  • You Play to Win the Game likes this

#18 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,680 posts
  • LocationBeautiful Bel Air, MD

Posted 02 March 2013 - 12:30 PM

Isn't that what I said? lol.

Not really, because the NBA values potential so, so much in the draft that the additional year and lower overall projection could diminish his value more than the development could raise it.

#19 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,650 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 02 March 2013 - 12:31 PM

Maryland with 8 TO's and about 5 wasted trips in a row. Wake almost matching them.
@mikeghg

#20 Adam Wolff

Adam Wolff

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,294 posts
  • LocationWaynesboro, PA

Posted 02 March 2013 - 12:31 PM

8 turnovers in the first 10ish minutes? Sounds about right.

It's hard to even enjoy watching this team. Such sloppy, low IQ play.

@AdamWolff

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=