• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#21 mdak06

mdak06
  • Members
  • 198 posts
  • LocationBethany Beach, DE

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:43 PM

WTF is up with the free throw shooting ... ugh.

#22 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,650 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:45 PM

Mitchell absolutely clobbered from behind, no call.
@mikeghg

#23 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:49 PM

Gotta close this out. Gotta hit Free Throws. My goodness do we try to give games away.

#24 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:54 PM

UGh. This team cannot close games. No doubt they lose this game.

#25 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,650 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:54 PM

Free throwing shooting killing Terps. Up by 1 with a 1:20 left.
@mikeghg

#26 mdak06

mdak06
  • Members
  • 198 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:56 PM

thanks for making the FT's Len - glad someone can.

#27 mdak06

mdak06
  • Members
  • 198 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:56 PM

anybody else think the "USA" chant against Len is completely lame?

#28 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,512 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 07 February 2013 - 11:04 PM

I think that is about as ugly a game you can play on the road and still win.

#29 mdak06

mdak06
  • Members
  • 198 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 11:05 PM

It was ugly ... but it's a win on the road. Can't complain too much.

Although if they'd made more free throws it certainly would have been a bit easier.

#30 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,314 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 11:05 PM

BSL: Terps win at VaTech; The Good, The Bad, The Ugly
http://baltimorespor...e-bad-the-ugly/

#31 glenn__davis

glenn__davis

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,462 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 11:15 PM

About as uninspiring a road win as you can possibly get. Very little expections from me now of them winning at GT, Wake or UVA. This team just stinks on the road.

#32 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,650 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 07 February 2013 - 11:15 PM

anybody else think the "USA" chant against Len is completely lame?

Yea, I thought it was in poor taste. Len nailed the free throws so it got them to shut up.
A lot of empty seats tonight.
@mikeghg

#33 EricGarland

EricGarland

Terps Analyst

• Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 11:17 PM

It wasn't pretty, but when is it? The best five in my opinion right now are Len, Padgett, Layman, Wells and Faust. What bothered me was when Layman was hot early in the first half, Turgeon took him out and Layman didn't heat up again until the second half. I'm really starting to question Turgeon's substitution strategy. I just don't see how Howard and Aronhalt deserve the minutes they are getting. Sure, Pe'Shon is good for an assist here and there but he changes the dynamic of the game way too much. He really slowed the game down tonight when we actually had some momentum going. Turgeon needs to stick with this starting five and let them play without mass subs. The occasional Seth Allen and Chuck Mitchell substitutions are fine. But it's time we start seeing a set five out there. And it's time we see them hit their shots at the free throw line too...
  • BSLChrisStoner likes this

#34 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,650 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

An ugly win, but they held on in the end. Hopefully breaking through on the road builds momentum, but lack of a PG is glaring.
@mikeghg

#35 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,538 posts
  • LocationMaryland

I'll take it. Would have liked to avoided the two scoring swoons each half, but we still responded late in this one and secured the win on the road. Beat UVA convincingly and get some more mo' going into the Duke game next Saturday.

#36 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,998 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 09:25 AM

They won. Jake continues to play quite well, both in terms of the things that show up in the statbook and the things that don't. They played very well over the final minute or so.

That's all the positives I've got.

#37 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,998 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 09:28 AM

What bothered me was when Layman was hot early in the first half, Turgeon took him out and Layman didn't heat up again until the second half.

I've been critical of Turgeon this year, but I don't think this is a fair criticism. Jake played for several minutes beyond when he started hot, and when he came out he wasn't out for long. He also got a few more really good looks in the first half and just missed them (some badly).

#38 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,538 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 08 February 2013 - 09:29 AM

They won. Jake continues to play quite well, both in terms of the things that show up in the statbook and the things that don't. They played very well over the final minute or so.

That's all the positives I've got.

They had a stretch of several minutes without scoring in both the 1st and 2nd halves. That just has to stop.

But overall, it's definitely getting a little bit better. I'd like to see a complete game vs. UVA heading into Duke.

#39 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,314 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 09:43 AM

I've been critical of Turgeon this year, but I don't think this is a fair criticism. Jake played for several minutes beyond when he started hot, and when he came out he wasn't out for long. He also got a few more really good looks in the first half and just missed them (some badly).

I pointed it out in the recap, but Layman had 8 points in the first 4 minutes of play, but then quickly found his way out of the game. After his dunk with 16:39 left in the 1st, his next shot attempt came with 8:24 left.

#40 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,314 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 09:44 AM

They had a stretch of several minutes without scoring in both the 1st and 2nd halves. That just has to stop.
But overall, it's definitely getting a little bit better. I'd like to see a complete game vs. UVA heading into Duke.

Yep. A Seth Allen 3 with 10:04 left in the 1st half, made it 21-10 MD. The Terps would score 3 points the rest of the half, while allowing 17.

I'm pretty happy to leave with the win, having gone through that stretch. You got back to .500, now you have to defend your home court and beat Virginia.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=