42 replies to this topic

#41 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,999 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 09:56 AM

I pointed it out in the recap, but Layman had 8 points in the first 4 minutes of play, but then quickly found his way out of the game. After his dunk with 16:39 left in the 1st, his next shot attempt came with 8:24 left.

But that wasn't the next time he played.

Just looking at the game log, he had a rebound at 16:12, a rebound at 13:51 and then disappeared from the statline until the rebound and shot that you mention. I wish there was a way to see exactly who was on the floor at what time, but I didn't think that Jake sat out for too long at all.

I would agree with the idea that Aronhalt and especially Pe'shon get too many minutes, but other than that I don't really have a problem with Turgeon's subbing. Every now and then I don't like something, but it's rarely anything substantial.

#42 glenn__davis

glenn__davis

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,464 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 12:03 PM

Yeah, I thought Layman had plenty of time in the game. I think that Turgeon's rotations and substitution patterns have generally improved over the past few games.

Wish Cleare could stay out of foul trouble. I think he has the chance to be really good but he's costing himself minutes and experience right now.

I give Faust a lot of credit, he's really struggling offensively right now but hasn't let it affect his play defensively. He's been very good in that regard.

Free throws. Ugh.

I'm seriously concerned this team might not break 40 points when they play UVA on the road.

#43 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 05:29 PM

The sad thing is you can see that they have improved in some areas. I noticed they are moving the ball better. Finding more open looks. Still aren;t getting enough to fall. Still aren't finishing around the rim enough and still aren't avoiding the really bad, unforced errrors.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=