#1 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 07 February 2013 - 03:14 PM

Ok no one has posted it, so I think I'll just start the thread. The Terps can't afford to lose this one (but then again, which ones can they?). It's been a year since they last won an ACC road game.
@levineps

#2 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,538 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 07 February 2013 - 03:21 PM

I'm looking for the Terps to build off the convincing Wake win and start to get some mo' going.

#3 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,999 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 03:22 PM

Like the Wake Forest game, Maryland needs to win and win big to continue making strides towards increasing people's confidence in the team. A hard-fought victory would be fairly disappointing. A loss would be inexcusable.

Need real solid wins tonight and Sunday to have any inkling of a good feeling heading into the Duke game next week.

#4 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,314 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 03:44 PM

Like the Wake Forest game, Maryland needs to win and win big to continue making strides towards increasing people's confidence in the team. A hard-fought victory would be fairly disappointing. A loss would be inexcusable.

Need real solid wins tonight and Sunday to have any inkling of a good feeling heading into the Duke game next week.

Well... with the WF game, I agreed with you that it was also important that the Terps played well. Tonight, I don't care if the win is not convincing... just make sure you leave Blacksburg with the W, and get back to .500 in league play.

Hokies have lost 4 in a row. They are probably due to play better, but this is certainly a game MD has to have.

#5 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,999 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 03:53 PM

Well... with the WF game, I agreed with you that it was also important that the Terps played well. Tonight, I don't care if the win is not convincing... just make sure you leave Blacksburg with the W, and get back to .500 in league play.

Hokies have lost 4 in a row. They are probably due to play better, but this is certainly a game MD has to have.

I think given the strong performance against Wake, that the need for a strong performance here is lessened. A win would still get them back to .500 and that would be good, even if they don't play well.

But, to gain confidence from this game, they'll have to win big. To be more positive about their chances of beating Duke next weekend, they'll have to play a strong game tonight (which would mean a convincing, 10+ point win, IMO) and against UVA on Sunday. Just skating by against those teams aren't going to get me really optimistic about their chances of pulling the upset next weekend, which is the win the team really needs to propel their season forward. Of course, they can beat Duke without playing very well or even winning either of these next two games, but I think given that the team is so young, that momentum is very important.

#6 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 07 February 2013 - 04:10 PM

1)Win
2)Win convincingly
@levineps

#7 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,999 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 04:34 PM

1)Win
2)Win convincingly

You can't lose if you win convincingly!

#8 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 06:20 PM

If they can continue to build on their improved offensive play they should win this game. I feel like they are getting better. That they will make a run at the tournament. Needless to say a loss tonight would kill the momentum they've built up.

#9 KRL224

KRL224
  • Members
  • 495 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:02 PM

Erik Green is the leading scorer in the country? Really?
@KRL224

#10 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,538 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:07 PM

Layman LOVES playing Virginia Tech, lol. Geez.

#11 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,650 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:10 PM

Layman improves every game

When he is aggressive he is good!!
@mikeghg

#12 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,650 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:28 PM

It looks like Green is settling in. He is a good looking player.
@mikeghg

#13 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,650 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:37 PM

Sloppy PG play by Allen and a hot run by Green and lead is down to 3.
@mikeghg

#14 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,650 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:40 PM

The touch fouls are all going VT's way right now. Hopefully the ref's check the stat sheet at half
@mikeghg

#15 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:51 PM

I hate this team sometimes. Well most of the time.

The most important half of MD basketball for this season is coming up. There is no chance of them making the NCAA tourny if they don't win this game.

#16 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:29 PM

The touch fouls are all going VT's way right now. Hopefully the ref's check the stat sheet at half

It's so frustrating seeing this gamed called two different ways at the two different ends of the court.

#17 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,650 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:29 PM

I hate this team sometimes. Well most of the time.

The most important half of MD basketball for this season is coming up. There is no chance of them making the NCAA tourny if they don't win this game.

Not sure why the hate. They are a painfully young team with no point guard. They play hard, play good D but the book on them is obvious. VT like all schools have four guys with feet in the paint. It takes away Len, who never gets a one on one and takes away the slashing scoring of Wells and Faust.
Not trying to be argumentative, but expecting a cohesive unit is asking too much.
@mikeghg

#18 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,650 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:31 PM

It's so frustrating seeing this gamed called two different ways at the two different ends of the court.

It really is. VT is over the back and also are hand checking all night and if Maryland breathes on Green wrong they get a foul.
@mikeghg

#19 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,538 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:35 PM

Here comes the 2nd half scoring swoon we've been waiting for. Unreal.

#20 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,650 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:36 PM

Green a long 3. Layman can not back up there. I like Jake a lot as a developing player but he is not ready to mark Eric Green on D.

Also 4 of 12 from the line.
@mikeghg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=