#301 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,473 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 12 October 2021 - 03:25 PM

Yet we haven't seen any emails from Snyder yet. To me, this definitely has an undertone of, Gruden talked smack about the commissioner, so they used the dirt found from the WFT investigation to convince the owners to get him out by releasing some of it.
  • The Epic, Mark Carver and russsnyder like this

#302 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,771 posts

Posted 12 October 2021 - 03:31 PM

Have the reports included what Gruden's email address is?  Any chance its not [email protected] or something similar?

• TwentyThirtyFive likes this

#303 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,973 posts

Posted 12 October 2021 - 03:35 PM

Have the reports included what Gruden's email address is? Any chance its not [email protected] or something similar?

First round on me at the next BSL get together if any of chucky, big balls(z),69 are part of his address

#304 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,360 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 12 October 2021 - 03:41 PM

Yet we haven't seen any emails from Snyder yet. To me, this definitely has an undertone of, Gruden talked smack about the commissioner, so they used the dirt found from the WFT investigation to convince the owners to get him out by releasing some of it.

While Gruden doesn't elicit sympathy from me on this, it's pretty clear that someone(s) at the NFL wanted him gone. There's a lot more meat on this bone in all these other emails that haven't been leaked yet.

And please let's have this be resolved with Danny Boy getting kicked out of the league!

• BSLMikeLowe and BSLRoseKatz like this

#305 weird-O

weird-O

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,211 posts
  • LocationI'm here from downtown, I'm here from Mitch and Murray.

Posted 12 October 2021 - 04:07 PM

He sent it on his work email. To someone else on his work email. With work clients cc'd.

That changes things. Sending those types of things through a work address is playing with fire and eliminates my previous comments about the degree of privacy he should be afforded. 

Good news! I saw a dog today.

#306 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,412 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 12 October 2021 - 04:10 PM

While Gruden doesn't elicit sympathy from me on this, it's pretty clear that someone(s) at the NFL wanted him gone. There's a lot more meat on this bone in all these other emails that hasn't been leaked yet.

And please let's have this be resolved with Danny Boy getting kicked out of the league!

100%.

I can only think that what's standing in the way is that whereas Gruden was an easy fall guy who wouldn't really be able to push back, certain individuals with the power and influence to force Snyder out are probably afraid for themselves of what stones the investigation unturned.

#307 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,473 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 12 October 2021 - 04:11 PM

On topic, the NFLPA just announced it'll be petitioning the league to release all the emails from the investigation.

https://www.espn.com...m-investigation

#308 B00E00N00

B00E00N00

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,810 posts
  • LocationSouthern Maryland

Posted 13 October 2021 - 02:37 AM

What did Gruden say?

#309 russsnyder

russsnyder

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,199 posts

Posted 13 October 2021 - 07:59 AM

What did Gruden say?

Mean things.
<p>"F IT!, Let's hit." Ted Williams

#310 The Epic

The Epic

^^ That's my name. Don't wear it out.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,147 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 13 October 2021 - 08:04 AM

What did Gruden say?

Man, how much time do you have? LOL

#311 ivanbalt

ivanbalt

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,532 posts

Posted 13 October 2021 - 08:47 AM

100%.

I can only think that what's standing in the way is that whereas Gruden was an easy fall guy who wouldn't really be able to push back, certain individuals with the power and influence to force Snyder out are probably afraid for themselves of what stones the investigation unturned.

Yeah the owners/league are ok scrutinizing the help, but they are a lot less likely to want the spotlight on one of their own.

• BaltBird 24 likes this

#312 russsnyder

russsnyder

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,199 posts

Posted 13 October 2021 - 08:51 AM

https://www.washingt...-gruden-emails/

Something tells me that if Gruden was a majority owner of the Raiders those emails would have never been leaked. I guess Dan Snyder is off limits because he's in the boys club.

#313 russsnyder

russsnyder

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,199 posts

Posted 13 October 2021 - 08:52 AM

Man, how much time do you have? LOL

Yeah, there's like 650,000 emails to go through!

#314 BSLRoseKatz

BSLRoseKatz

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,892 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 13 October 2021 - 10:13 AM

The thing I've seen on Twitter that sums it up pretty well is this shows the difference between who signs the checks and who cashes the checks 

she/her

#315 Mark Carver

Mark Carver

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,598 posts

Posted 13 October 2021 - 10:33 AM

Plenty of comedians say a lot of politically incorrect things and low and behold, they're still getting paid to do stand up. Chappelle has been on some anti transgender thing for several years now and what's happened to him? He apparently escalated it on his most recent special (haven't watched yet) and predictably the other side has voiced their displeasure, and he has ample opportunity to respond. Isn't that what's supposed to happen in a society like ours?

Jerry Seinfeld Reveals Why He Can’t Perform Stand Up Comedy on College Campuses — ‘They Don’t Know What the Hell They’re Talking About’

https://www.cheatshe...ing-about.html/

• BaltBird 24 likes this

John Keegan, a renowned British military historian, has called World War II the greatest single event in the history of mankind. - Tom Brokaw, NBC special correspondent and author of "The Greatest Generation"

#316 McNulty

McNulty

la cerveza está muy fría

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,670 posts
  • LocationBS

Posted 13 October 2021 - 10:51 AM

Jerry Seinfeld Reveals Why He Can’t Perform Stand Up Comedy on College Campuses — ‘They Don’t Know What the Hell They’re Talking About’

You’re talking about a generation that doesn’t know how to save files on a computer. Seriously. Of course they don’t get it. It’s not a cancel culture thing.

https://www.theverge...education-gen-z

@fuzydunlop

#317 BSLRoseKatz

BSLRoseKatz

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,892 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 13 October 2021 - 11:30 AM

Sounds like an excuse for someone who can't figure out material that younger audiences enjoy 

she/her

#318 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,360 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 13 October 2021 - 11:47 AM

I'm not buying that Jerry Seinfeld is unpopular with college students because he's politically incorrect. His material ain't even like that for the most part and there are plenty that do that play at colleges. They may just not think that an old comedian is all that funny.

But it must be really tough for Jerry to get over being cancelled. How will he go on?
  • BSLRoseKatz likes this

#319 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,580 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 13 October 2021 - 11:52 AM

Meanwhile Netflix paid $500 million to have Seinfeld on their service for five years.

#320 BSLRoseKatz

BSLRoseKatz

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,892 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 13 October 2021 - 11:56 AM

I'm not buying that Jerry Seinfeld is unpopular with college students because he's politically incorrect. His material ain't even like that for the most part and there are plenty that do that play at colleges. They may just not think that an old comedian is all that funny.

But it must be really tough for Jerry to get over being cancelled. How will he go on?

Yeah I enjoy Seinfeld the TV show but if someone asked me to see if I wanted to see Seinfeld do standup or John Mulaney I'd wonder if they were seriously asking me that 

she/her

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=