1320 replies to this topic

#41 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,574 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 27 May 2012 - 09:51 AM

They already announced JDS-Cain 2 for later this year. What a great night of fights. Even the prelims.

Cormier was beyond impressive last week. It's a shame he broke his hand for the third time in less than a year. I also don't understand why they want to give him another fight under the strikeforce banner. Just move him to the UFC for gods sake.
  • BSLChrisStoner likes this

#42 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,574 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 30 May 2012 - 05:46 PM

The Ultimate Fighter finale is Friday. Not a great season but the main event should be a good one (Ellenberger/Kampmann). The winner should fight Johnny Hendricks for number one contender. GSP vs. Condit has to happen eventually.

#43 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,357 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 30 May 2012 - 09:39 PM

Bones Jones may not be the great guy that he seemed to be.

http://deadspin.com/... ... socialflow

#44 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 11:00 PM

A lot of people have thought that for awhile now that Jones was pretty fake. Personally, I don't care how good or bad a guy he is or makes himself out to be. He's a beast and very entertaining in the octagon.

#45 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,574 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 31 May 2012 - 07:10 AM

A lot of people have thought that for awhile now that Jones was pretty fake. Personally, I don't care how good or bad a guy he is or makes himself out to be. He's a beast and very entertaining in the octagon.

Agreed. Plus I'm sure rising to superstardom as fast as he did doesn't help. Maybe the dwi is a wake up call or maybe not but I'll still be watching his fights.

#46 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,574 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 03 June 2012 - 11:14 AM

Anybody watch the TUF finale last night? Can't believe Ellenberger lost like that. Ref didn't give him a chance to recover but it looked like it was heading that way anyway.

This season was filled with upsets and that continued with Chiesa submitting Iaquinta. Great story for him to win the show after his dad died a few days into the show but I can't see him doing anything in the UFC. Justin Lawrence looks like the top talent from the cast.

#47 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,072 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 09:22 AM

Yahoo: Is Silva vs. Sonnen II the Most Anticipated Fight in UFC History?
http://sports.yahoo....T6juOPqE.s9Eo14

#48 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,574 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 06 June 2012 - 06:15 PM

Nah, at least not for me. Not sure what was off the top of my head. GSP/Nick Diaz before GSP got hurt?

#49 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,357 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 06 June 2012 - 06:22 PM

It's highly anticipated for sure, but so have many other fights. Most of the Lesnar fights, the last few Jones fights, a few GSP fights, a couple of Rampage fights, some Liddell and Tito fights including against each other, etc...

#50 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 07:05 PM

Lesnar- Cain was probably the most anticipated fight of at least the last 5 or 6 years. Apparently, the Tito- Shamrock fights back in the day were huge too.

#51 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,072 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 10:07 PM

Fox Sports: Johnson vs. McCall recap
http://msn.foxsports...l-recaps-060812

#52 DBean

DBean
  • Members
  • 482 posts
  • LocationOwings Mills, MD

Posted 09 June 2012 - 09:26 PM

Apparently Lesnar is trying to get back into UFC fighting. Had a meeting with Dana White. White said that the meeting went really bad.

http://www.wrestlezo...was-really-badq
  • BSLChrisStoner likes this
@mrbeanage

#53 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 10:19 PM

Lesnar has been exposed as a "real" fighter. That's not to say he still couldn't overpower a lot of HWs and probably be a top 6-7 HW but when he faces a good striker he's gonna get picked apart. He's just never going to be back at the very top of the division again. I don;t think he could handle being an undercard fighter.

Besides, doesn;t his contract with the WWE run basically through next year.

#54 DBean

DBean
  • Members
  • 482 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 11:59 AM

Lesnar has been exposed as a "real" fighter. That's not to say he still couldn't overpower a lot of HWs and probably be a top 6-7 HW but when he faces a good striker he's gonna get picked apart. He's just never going to be back at the very top of the division again. I don;t think he could handle being an undercard fighter.

Besides, doesn;t his contract with the WWE run basically through next year.

Yeah, I was a little confused about why Lesnar is talking to UFC again if he has a WWE contract. Could be part of an angle, but I don't think that's the truth. It might actually be dissatisifed with the WWE and is trying to get out of the contract somehow.
@mrbeanage

#55 DBean

DBean
  • Members
  • 482 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 06:52 PM

Tito Ortiz is fighting Forrest Griffin on Saturday. I'm thinking that this might be Tito's last match. Might be worth watching.
@mrbeanage

#56 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 07:37 PM

I thought it was already established that this Ortiz's retirement fight. Should be a solid card but it's a little overhyped. I expect Silva to handle Sonnen pretty easily. Once Sonnen shoots and gets stuffed Anderson will pick him apart. Silva TKO in the 2nd

#57 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,574 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 06 July 2012 - 08:15 PM

This card was stacked before all the injuries. This will be Tito's last fight. Long overdue. And I agree, Spider by KO.

#58 DBean

DBean
  • Members
  • 482 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 09:51 PM

You guys are right. This is Tito's last fight. I didn't know if there was an actual date. I'm sure it's going to be a good one.
@mrbeanage

#59 Mashed Potatoes

Mashed Potatoes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,023 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 02:16 PM

I'll bet if Silva submits Sonnen or induces a referee stoppage he lands and extra shot on him or keeps cranking on a limb and extra few seconds.
@DaKittenz

#60 DBean

DBean
  • Members
  • 482 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 10:58 AM

I thought the PPV was pretty good. I figured that Tito would have been more aggressive for his last fight, but I guess he wanted to play it safe incase he made a mistake and Griffin pounced on him. There were a couple times where Griffin was down where Tito could've got to him, but maybe age played a factor in that one. To lose by judge's decision, I would take that. Griffin had better stats. I thought the Silva fight was good. First round went by kinda slow, but Silva took care of Sonnen in the second. Would've like to know of the back talking that Silva and Sonnen had, how much of it was real and how much of it was done to spark interest.

There's a fighter named Mike Easton who fights out of Camp Springs, Maryland. Will start rooting for him.

No Herb Dean at the PPV. Surprised by that one.
@mrbeanage

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=