McNulty

la cerveza está muy fría

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,670 posts
  • LocationBS

Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:26 AM

Yeah, it's a circus.

Fortunately, I was able to get tickets from the team but there's really a few reasons why I'm not totally on board:

1) I'd have to leave my wife and kids at home. Me not being there will take something away from the game for my wife. Plus I do like watching the game with her.

2) The costs are just unreal. I can afford it without hurting myself but it's still a lot of coin. Secondly, I can go watch them play in Miami next year and have just as much fun. Which I plan on doing.

3) As of now, I'd have to fly to Biloxi and travel to the game. How the hell am I getting back to Biloxi after spending the day at the Super Bowl? I won't be in any shape to drive.

4) My close friends just aren't on board. I've got plenty of friends who want to go but I'd like to be there with the guys I watch the games with. If one of them had a change of heart right now, I'd go.

Shit! Brother, hook me up with tickets! :D

@fuzydunlop

#42 Miller192

Miller192

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,185 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:41 AM

I keep saying the same thing. I even have a free place to stay and its still too much money. I'm worried when its gameday I'll be kicking myself for not going.

You will kick yourself. You'll probably feel better in March that you didn't spend the cash.
@Miller192

#43 Miller192

Miller192

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,185 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:42 AM

Shit! Brother, hook me up with tickets! :D

I can't. I have to give them back to the team if I don't use them.
@Miller192

#44 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:49 AM

If I got a good enough deal on tickets, I would go.

But it will basically cost 8 grand to go to the game between tickets and everything else...and that's before we eat, drink or anything like that.

#45 SammyBirdland

SammyBirdland

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,019 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:52 AM

If I got a good enough deal on tickets, I would go.

But it will basically cost 8 grand to go to the game between tickets and everything else...and that's before we eat, drink or anything like that.

What would you rather do for the money, go to the Super Bowl or slide spikes-up into Tom Brady's knee?
¡Hasta la vista, pelota!

#46 McNulty

McNulty

la cerveza está muy fría

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,670 posts
  • LocationBS

Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:56 AM

I can't. I have to give them back to the team if I don't use them.

I wasn't being serious, I wouldn't put you in that position.

But it just goes to show, you need tickets, transportation, time off and lodging to all line up correctly to make this viable.

In March when I'm posting on my new iPad, I'll be glad I didn't go.

@fuzydunlop

#47 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:59 AM

What would you rather do for the money, go to the Super Bowl or slide spikes-up into Tom Brady's knee?

SB...I may do that to Brady for free though. :D

#48 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,567 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 11:04 AM

Still deciding on whether I want to drive down with friends to NOLA. My friends have family outside of the city that we can stay with, but I can't afford tickets, so I'd be going down there to party. I know I can do that here, but I still think the experience and the 16 hr drive each way would be worth it.

Anyone else going down and not getting tickets?
I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#49 McNulty

McNulty

la cerveza está muy fría

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,670 posts
  • LocationBS

Posted 24 January 2013 - 11:12 AM

If anyone else is at home being a lazy POS today (as I am), the press conference for today will be on NFLN at 11:30 live.

BTW, Chris, if I'm cussing too much, please let me know. I'm a sailor, so its beyond second nature for me.

Fish gotta swim, you know what I'm sayin?

@fuzydunlop

#50 Hooded Viper

Hooded Viper

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,665 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 11:33 AM

My cousin got 2 tickets from the Lottery and is selling them for a boatload...I mean it is crazy how much he is getting for 2 tickets. Lucky SOB.

#51 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,166 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 01:11 PM

San Francisco Chronicle: Harbaugh road tested Kaepernick in 2011
http://blog.sfgate.c...ernick-in-2011/

#52 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 24 January 2013 - 04:20 PM

I officially took myself out of the running for going to the game. I expect the prices of the tickets to drop as the game gets closer but I can't drive there (I just started a new job so I'd have to fly home as to not miss work) and thus that adds huge costs to the trip.

It sorta sucks that this isn't the SB in NYC. First of all, two teams like the Ravens and Niners seem destined to hash out their differences in the cold and you can drive there and, in my case at least, stay with any number of friends or relatives.

Next year should be relatively speaking much cheaper for Ravens fans (that is assuming they get in) even if the tickets end up being more expensive. The transportion, dining, and in some cases, lodging costs are optional.

The great unknown is how much will tickets sell for? If the weather is supposed to be in the 40s and dare I say, low 50s, I don't think people will mind shelling out big bucks.

I'm sure some people of whatever team is chosen won't be happy that "their" team has finally made it and they aren't going to Club Med for the weekend.
@levineps

#53 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,166 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 10:01 AM

CSN Baltimore: Winning, not retiring, foremost in Lewis' mind
http://www.csnbaltim...most-lewis-mind

#54 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,166 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 10:08 AM

SF Chronicle: Vic Fangio a Joe Flacco fan
http://www.sfgate.co...fan-4222048.php

#55 Miller192

Miller192

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,185 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 02:53 PM

Well, I'm going now.

Flying out of Philly to Houston round trip on Southwest. $345.

Staying somewhere in New Orleans. Probably a ghetto or brothel or something. Total cost is $500 for trip and travel
@Miller192

#56 SammyBirdland

SammyBirdland

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,019 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 02:58 PM

Well, I'm going now.

Staying somewhere in New Orleans. Probably a ghetto or brothel or something. Total cost is $500 for trip and travel

hNCkHsOTJT4
¡Hasta la vista, pelota!

#57 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 25 January 2013 - 03:51 PM

ESPN: SF officials out to prevent violence

http://espn.go.com/n...r-bowl-violence

[b]There will be no public viewing of the Feb. 3 game in the Civic Center[/b ]similar to when the Giants clinched the World Series in October. Police back then said 36 people were arrested during postgame celebrations that got out of control.

Pretty sure this has more to do with the NFL banning mass public viewings as they don't help ratings-wise. I know in the past they've scared away church groups from showing the Super Bowl.

Wonder what the Baltimore PD is planning?
@levineps

#58 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 25 January 2013 - 08:58 PM

Well, I'm going now.

Awesome..wish I was going. Have a feeling I will regret not going.

Have fun!

#59 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,555 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 25 January 2013 - 09:59 PM

Really hope they can somehow make it back next year. I basically have transportation and lodging taken care of.

New Orleans is just so impractical. Even if it wasn't the Super Bowl, taking a vacation there isn't cheap.

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#60 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 25 January 2013 - 11:37 PM

Really hope they can somehow make it back next year. I basically have transportation and lodging taken care of.

New Orleans is just so impractical. Even if it wasn't the Super Bowl, taking a vacation there isn't cheap.

If you get two northeastern teams next year, my guess is tickets will be higher for that reason since many won't have to spend on the additional costs and less time in NYC.
@levineps

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=