#21 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 22 January 2013 - 08:18 AM

It is annoying how the tickets are done. Hardly anyone gets tickets for face value.

#22 MKlein76

MKlein76

Sports Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,818 posts
  • LocationGlen Burnie, MD

Posted 22 January 2013 - 09:01 AM

I'm sure there will be plenty of conversation about Ray Lewis and what happened 13 years ago in Atlanta as we get closer to the Super Bowl, be it in message boards, articles, or other news coverage. Even Welker's wife already had mentioned this (and since apologized). Here is an article that has a timeline of the events that happened.

Since Ravens linebacker Ray Lewis announced that he will retire at the end of Baltimore's season, his quest for another Super Bowl victory to cap his Hall of Fame career has become one of the biggest story lines of the NFL playoffs. But despite his on-field accomplishments, Lewis's legacy will be tainted by the events of January 31, 2000, for some. Early that morning in Atlanta, a brawl broke out, two were found dead, and Lewis, along with two others, was charged with murder the next day. But it's been nearly 13 years since then and many have forgotten the details.

http://www.grantland... ... ontroversy
@MKlein76

#23 SammyBirdland

SammyBirdland

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,019 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 10:03 AM

Posted Image
¡Hasta la vista, pelota!

#24 SammyBirdland

SammyBirdland

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,019 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 10:22 AM

Look familiar?

Posted Image
¡Hasta la vista, pelota!

#25 Chris B

Chris B

• Moderators
  • 22,235 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:30 AM

Posted Image

So true...if they win, Bud Light looks like a freaking genius.

#26 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,171 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:13 PM

Yahoo: Ed Reed overshadowed by Ray Lewis' lats hurrah
http://sports.yahoo....-055708314.html

#27 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,171 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:59 PM

Fox Sports / Billick: There's no denying Flacco's results
http://msn.foxsports...y-review-012113

#28 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,171 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 07:16 PM

49ers.com: Patrick Willis details ATL comeback
http://www.49ers.com...25-977ece60ef37

#29 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,680 posts
  • LocationBeautiful Bel Air, MD

Posted 22 January 2013 - 07:55 PM

Yep...and then you have to spend 3000-4000 grand for accommodations for 2 people...and you haven't eaten, drank or anything like that.

Eh, you can fly into Gulfport and stay there, and you're only an hour-and-a-half away. That would cut the cost by a bunch.

Tickets are the issue.

#30 McNulty

McNulty

la cerveza está muy fría

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,670 posts
  • LocationBS

Posted 23 January 2013 - 07:02 AM

Decided to just save the money. I feel like an idiot rationalizing this, but its just too much money for a 3 hour game.

I'm going to bring the woman home from NYC, hitting up a bar in Baltimore for the game. Open to suggestions or purchasing a victory shot for anyone here.

@fuzydunlop

#31 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,171 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 08:36 AM

Niners Nation: A 49ers-Ravens prospectors guide
http://www.ninersnat...view-statistics

#32 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,171 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:13 AM

San Francisco Chronicle: Akers' kicking trials
http://www.sfgate.co...als-4215596.php

#33 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:30 AM

Decided to just save the money. I feel like an idiot rationalizing this, but its just too much money for a 3 hour game.
I'm going to bring the woman home from NYC, hitting up a bar in Baltimore for the game. Open to suggestions or purchasing a victory shot for anyone here.

I hate sometimes how "fandom" is associated with how many games you go to, on the road, etc. The truth of the matter is if money were no object(and it's a big one), many fans would go to many more games.

It will be interesting to see if the Skins or Ravens make it next year how many people go, because your cutting the costs in half (potentially) since you could conceiveably go up/back in the same day. The great unknown is how much the weather deters people. I'm looking forward to this game, I know others think the SB should be played without the elements.
@levineps

#34 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,680 posts
  • LocationBeautiful Bel Air, MD

Posted 23 January 2013 - 07:14 PM

If somebody really wants a ticket, and is willing to, uh, work for it, you might be interested in this:

http://deadspin.com/... ... uman-being

#35 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,555 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 23 January 2013 - 07:37 PM

I officially took myself out of the running for going to the game. I expect the prices of the tickets to drop as the game gets closer but I can't drive there (I just started a new job so I'd have to fly home as to not miss work) and thus that adds huge costs to the trip.

It sorta sucks that this isn't the SB in NYC. First of all, two teams like the Ravens and Niners seem destined to hash out their differences in the cold and you can drive there and, in my case at least, stay with any number of friends or relatives.

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#36 Miller192

Miller192

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,185 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 09:40 AM

I think I'm flaking out as well. None of my friends want to pay for it.

I'm alright with it now. It will probably be a little bit bittersweet come game time.
@Miller192

#37 SammyBirdland

SammyBirdland

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,019 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 09:52 AM

The Super Bowl is such a weird business model. "Hey, thanks for supporting your team all year. We're now going to send them to a city 3,000 miles away and sell each ticket for more than you paid for your pair of season tickets + PSL's. Congrats!"

And, of course, we fans continue to accept it. "Hooray, funny commercials."
¡Hasta la vista, pelota!

#38 Miller192

Miller192

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,185 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:19 AM

The Super Bowl is such a weird business model. "Hey, thanks for supporting your team all year. We're now going to send them to a city 3,000 miles away and sell each ticket for more than you paid for your pair of season tickets + PSL's. Congrats!"

And, of course, we fans continue to accept it. "Hooray, funny commercials."

Yeah, it's a circus.

Fortunately, I was able to get tickets from the team but there's really a few reasons why I'm not totally on board:

1) I'd have to leave my wife and kids at home. Me not being there will take something away from the game for my wife. Plus I do like watching the game with her.

2) The costs are just unreal. I can afford it without hurting myself but it's still a lot of coin. Secondly, I can go watch them play in Miami next year and have just as much fun. Which I plan on doing.

3) As of now, I'd have to fly to Biloxi and travel to the game. How the hell am I getting back to Biloxi after spending the day at the Super Bowl? I won't be in any shape to drive.

4) My close friends just aren't on board. I've got plenty of friends who want to go but I'd like to be there with the guys I watch the games with. If one of them had a change of heart right now, I'd go.
@Miller192

#39 McNulty

McNulty

la cerveza está muy fría

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,670 posts
  • LocationBS

Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:21 AM

I'm alright with it now. It will probably be a little bit bittersweet come game time.

I keep saying the same thing. I even have a free place to stay and its still too much money. I'm worried when its gameday I'll be kicking myself for not going.
  • You Play to Win the Game likes this

@fuzydunlop

#40 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,482 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:22 AM

Yeah, it's a circus.

Fortunately, I was able to get tickets from the team but there's really a few reasons why I'm not totally on board:

5) Your kid would be very upset about his buzz light year having "gone missing" for the whole weekend.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=