580 replies to this topic

#1 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,156 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:08 AM

SF a 4 point favorite.

The additional week of rest will help both teams, but I think helps the Ravens (generally older roster) more. SF just had a bye as the NFC's 2nd seed. The Ravens obviously had to win 3 games in the Playoffs to reach New Orleans. (Of course Week 17 was basically a bye for Baltimore.)

I don't think either staff gets a coaching advantage with the extra week. Though, the Ravens get another week to look at the Pistol offense.

#2 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,481 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:24 AM

Can't wait. A Super Bowl game thread in the "Ravens" section... So surreal. This is going to be quite a game.

#3 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:55 AM

I'm gonna enjoy this for a good whole week. Just a quick first thought. This will be a slugfest. SF is tremendous in the trenches. Arguably, the best trenches team in all of football. Going to be a really tough game.

#4 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,481 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:34 AM

How sweet it is:

Posted Image

#5 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,378 posts
  • LocationFormerly known as allstar1579

Posted 21 January 2013 - 11:02 AM

SF a 4 point favorite.

The additional week of rest will help both teams, but I think helps the Ravens (generally older roster) more. SF just had a bye as the NFC's 2nd seed. The Ravens obviously had to win 3 games in the Playoffs to reach New Orleans. (Of course Week 17 was basically a bye for Baltimore.)

I don't think either staff gets a coaching advantage with the extra week. Though, the Ravens get another week to look at the Pistol offense.

All I heard all night is how the Ravens were going to study their gamefilm from the Redskins game to prepare for the 49ers, and all I could think was that that would be a trap since the Redskins and 49ers are far from the same team. Maybe a gist of it, but RG3 is a better runner and passer than Kapernick, had no real TE threat like SF does, and had a better running game than SF. I think they'd be better suited to watching game film of the 49ers instead.

(yes, I know this is all common sense, just venting about how many times the commentators were saying stuff that made me want to punch puppies)
@JeremyMStrain

#6 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 21 January 2013 - 01:22 PM

All I heard all night is how the Ravens were going to study their gamefilm from the Redskins game to prepare for the 49ers, and all I could think was that that would be a trap since the Redskins and 49ers are far from the same team. Maybe a gist of it, but RG3 is a better runner and passer than Kapernick, had no real TE threat like SF does, and had a better running game than SF. I think they'd be better suited to watching game film of the 49ers instead.

(yes, I know this is all common sense, just venting about how many times the commentators were saying stuff that made me want to punch puppies)

The 49ers run game is excellent though and they can look at the same concepts on how to defend the pistol.

#7 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 21 January 2013 - 01:22 PM

The 49ers run game is excellent though and they can look at the same concepts on how to defend the pistol.

#8 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 21 January 2013 - 01:42 PM

http://espn.go.com/n... ... super-bowl

#9 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 21 January 2013 - 01:46 PM

http://espn.go.com/b... ... quick-take

Ray gets to dance again!?

#10 SammyBirdland

SammyBirdland

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,019 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 01:46 PM

The 49ers also tend to bring players out onto the field on defense, as opposed to the Redskins ;)
¡Hasta la vista, pelota!

#11 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,378 posts
  • LocationFormerly known as allstar1579

Posted 21 January 2013 - 01:57 PM

The 49ers also tend to bring players out onto the field on defense, as opposed to the Redskins ;)

Oh they bring players out...just only in the front 7.
@JeremyMStrain

#12 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,156 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 07:34 PM

CBS Sports: SB 47 Expert Picks
http://www.cbssports...ravens-vs-49ers

#13 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,156 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 07:42 PM

SI: MMQB
http://sportsillustr.../?sct=uk_t11_a5

#14 Chris B

Chris B

• Moderators
  • 22,235 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 21 January 2013 - 07:49 PM

CBS Sports: SB 47 Expert Picks
http://www.cbssports...ravens-vs-49ers

I was coming on here, hoping to post, "good, I'm glad everyone is picking against the Ravens again." And then I click the link and I'm shocked!

La Confora really sums it up perfectly for me:

Ray Lewis will play his last game ever in a Super Bowl. Ed Reed returns to his boyhood home for his first Super Bowl in what could be his last game as a Raven. I say they find a way to win.

Your last game is the game everyone dies to play for. That really is something special.

#15 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,156 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 08:54 PM

Yahoo: Early SB preview: The Harbaugh Bros are not the only story
http://sports.yahoo....08357--nfl.html

#16 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,156 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:18 PM

SI: Early SB47 Preview
http://nfl.si.com/20...s/?sct=obnetwork

#17 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:08 PM

I'm really trying to figure out a way to go. If I didn't have a wedding and honeymoon to pay for, I wouldn't hesitate to spend the money on the tickets.
  • JeremyStrain likes this

#18 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 21 January 2013 - 11:52 PM

I see the spread is down to 3.5.

#19 McNulty

McNulty

la cerveza está muy fría

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,670 posts
  • LocationBS

Posted 22 January 2013 - 02:52 AM

I'm really trying to figure out a way to go. If I didn't have a wedding and honeymoon to pay for, I wouldn't hesitate to spend the money on the tickets.

Man, its tough. After the game was over last night, I bought plane tickets (Newark was the best option, bleck), but the game tickets are OUTRAGEOUS with price. Its 4 grand minimum for a pair of nose bleeds.

@fuzydunlop

#20 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 22 January 2013 - 08:17 AM

Man, its tough. After the game was over last night, I bought plane tickets (Newark was the best option, bleck), but the game tickets are OUTRAGEOUS with price. Its 4 grand minimum for a pair of nose bleeds.

Yep...and then you have to spend 3000-4000 grand for accommodations for 2 people...and you haven't eaten, drank or anything like that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=