580 replies to this topic

#561 Miller192

Miller192

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,185 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 12:08 AM

I was convinced we were losing after Rice fumbled. Really, quite amazing to me that we didn't lose. Couple of big drives for us late in that game, even though they just resulted in FGs. Held them off just long enough.

I got up out of my seat at the Superdome and walked around a little bit during that third quarter. If was tough to be around a loud 49er fan base at that point
@Miller192

#562 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 10 February 2013 - 08:47 AM

Yea, that Rice fumble was the killer.

Brought back visions of the collapse in the playoffs up in Pitt.

#563 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 10 February 2013 - 10:11 AM

I got up out of my seat at the Superdome and walked around a little bit during that third quarter. If was tough to be around a loud 49er fan base at that point

What did everyone (or many) people do during the blackout?
@levineps

#564 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,544 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 10 February 2013 - 03:30 PM

I don't have the time right now to go back further, but since 2000 (Super Bowl XXXIV Rams vs. Titans) there have been 14 Super Bowls (including that one, and this year's). Flacco has, fairly comfortably, had the best QB performance in those Super Bowl's.

A few performances that are comparable are Tom Brady vs. the Eagles in Super Bowl XXXIX, Drew Brees vs. the Colts in Super Bowl XLIV and Aaron Rodgers vs. the Steelers in Super Bowl XLV.

Of those comparable performances, Flacco has the highest QB Rating, and significantly higher QBR.

Pretty damn impressive.

#565 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,544 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 10 February 2013 - 03:31 PM

What did everyone (or many) people do during the blackout?

I drank 3 quick beers to go from feeling good, to oh, hey... I forgot it's a black out. It was necessary.

#566 Chris B

Chris B

• Moderators
  • 22,252 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 10 February 2013 - 08:11 PM

http://www.baltimore... ... 82693205e8

#567 McNulty

McNulty

la cerveza está muy fría

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,670 posts
  • LocationBS

Posted 11 February 2013 - 07:05 PM

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=H0iMRHW7mmo

@fuzydunlop

#568 McNulty

McNulty

la cerveza está muy fría

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,670 posts
  • LocationBS

Posted 11 February 2013 - 08:15 PM

http://shawnhubbard.... ... -big-easy/

@fuzydunlop

#569 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,544 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 12 February 2013 - 07:50 AM

Did anyone catch CSN's Ravens Season To Remember?

It was pretty well done.

#570 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,544 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 12 February 2013 - 08:20 AM

NBC Sports Network's NFL Turning Point for the Super Bowl was phenomenal. I liked it better than Sound FX. Just great stuff, and very well done. Felt more like NFL Films to me. I'm sure they'll be showing replays fairly often in the middle of the night given their lack of programming.

#571 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,544 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 12 February 2013 - 08:44 AM

Jerome Boger is pretty great. After Q caught the 3rd & 1 in the 4th, he was walking off the field and Boger called him Man Child.

#572 The Epic

The Epic

^^ That's my name. Don't wear it out.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,147 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 12 February 2013 - 01:34 PM

NBC Sports Network's NFL Turning Point for the Super Bowl was phenomenal. I liked it better than Sound FX. Just great stuff, and very well done. Felt more like NFL Films to me. I'm sure they'll be showing replays fairly often in the middle of the night given their lack of programming.

I didn't get to watch at all, so I'm just curious: What did they have as the "turning point" this time around? The blackout?

I -loved- the Ravens/Pats episode. I completely agree with you, regarding the NFL Films feel to it.

#573 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,544 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 12 February 2013 - 01:37 PM

I didn't get to watch at all, so I'm just curious: What did they have as the "turning point" this time around? The blackout?

I -loved- the Ravens/Pats episode. I completely agree with you, regarding the NFL Films feel to it.

Q's 3rd and 1 reception late in the 4th.

I didn't know about it till now, I wish I caught the Pats one. What was the "turning point" in that one? I'd imagine it'd be Hammers forced fumble on Ridley?

#574 The Epic

The Epic

^^ That's my name. Don't wear it out.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,147 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 12 February 2013 - 01:39 PM

Q's 3rd and 1 reception late in the 4th.

I didn't know about it till now, I wish I caught the Pats one. What was the "turning point" in that one? I'd imagine it'd be Hammers forced fumble on Vereen?

The Pollard/Ridley hit.

#575 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 07:58 AM

http://www.baltimore... ... aa87b9e4dd

#576 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,676 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 10:04 AM

Watched the game again last night for the first time since being back. Still got nervous when the Niners brought it back, but I noticed that the Ravens always seemed in control. They may have looked a little float after the blackout but other than the Rice fumble, they never really did anything to give away the game. The Niners had some big plays but the Ravens defense held them to FG's a bunch of times and the Niners were going to score their points. They made it to the SB for a reason.

I still can't believe Boldin caught that pass in tight coverage, with an arm in between his hands. That play right there sealed the game in retrospect, and Flacco put the ball in the perfect spot. Those back shoulder passes are becoming a thing of beauty.

I really think Flacco is about to explode with Cameron gone and the playoff monkey off his back.

Also, the last Niners offensive play was definitely not holding as much as Niner fans and Jim Harbaugh may want to argue that it was. Both players made contact and Crabtree pushed off Smith's helmet. A great non-call.
I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#577 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,544 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 14 February 2013 - 10:25 AM

Also, the last Niners offensive play was definitely not holding as much as Niner fans and Jim Harbaugh may want to argue that it was. Both players made contact and Crabtree pushed off Smith's helmet. A great non-call.

Agreed. I think the play calling for the 49ers there is by far the bigger issue... as is the fact that they called a time out on the 2nd down play that was going to be a Kaep run up the gut, which was set up nice. They would have scored there.

The other annoying thing is how no one has even mentioned that Flacco would have had two minutes to lead a winning drive, which I 100% believe he would have done if the 49ers had scored there.

#578 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,357 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 01:37 PM

Bump.

#579 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 25 February 2013 - 02:06 PM

Bump.

Just to see the words. Ravens win SB 47? :)

#580 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,357 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 02:07 PM

Just to see the words. Ravens win SB 47? :)

Pretty much. Denver game was great... but was tired of seeing that thread. Want my last thoughts of this past year to be the SB.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=