580 replies to this topic

#541 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 61,068 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 04:39 PM

I'm getting a hoodie. Maybe a hat as well (thought I got a Ravens hat for Xmas that I really like). Probably a t-shirt.

#542 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,544 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 07 February 2013 - 04:43 PM

The DVD is narrated by Josh Charles.

I bought 2 pint glasses, a shot glass set for my dad's bar, coffee cups to piss off people at work, and a ridiculous pair of purple championship socks for grins.

Did you get the DVD? I'm pretty sure the NFL Films one is superior but won't be available at least for a few more weeks... could be wrong though.

#543 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,544 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 07 February 2013 - 05:41 PM

I'm getting a hoodie. Maybe a hat as well (thought I got a Ravens hat for Xmas that I really like). Probably a t-shirt.

The on-field hats they were wearing after the game really grew on me. I didn't like them at first, but they're pretty damn nice, IMO.

#544 Chris B

Chris B

• Moderators
  • 22,252 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 07 February 2013 - 06:38 PM

Ummm.....what?

Posted Image

If you can't see, the one on the right is from NFL Shop for $27 and the one on the left is from the Ravens Shop for $35.

#545 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,651 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 07 February 2013 - 11:20 PM

I noticed that earlier today. I guess they are saving for Joe's extension.
@mikeghg

#546 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 12:00 AM

I don't think it was stupid. I didn't know that rule either and I bet most people and players don't. It's not like Donovan McNabb and overtime, IMO. Even knowing the rule, there isn't a guarantee it would be enforced.

Would it be dumber to run on the field and tackle him sprinting to the end zone and to force the refs to award SF a touchdown than just watching him run for a score? Is a touchdown via that method worse for the Ravens than Ginn returning the free kick for a TD?

It's definitely hilarious, though. I love Joe's response after Birk's asks 'Why can't you do it?'

The funny thing is, i thought about this exact scenario. If i was on the sideline would I step into the field of play and tackle a player if he was destined for the endzone. I didn't know the rule either and I would have done it. I mean yeah, you 100% make the refs hand the game to SF if Ginn has a clear path to the opposite endzone. If he's gonna score anyway, make the refs make the call to award him the TD.

BTW.....Watching the replay a few times later, it sure as heck looked like Ginn was relatively close to breaking that. One tackler flew in and got a hand on him to slow him down as he was hitting the hole. Didn;t tackle him but slowed him down just enough. I really think if he hits the hole clean he may have scored.

#547 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,680 posts
  • LocationBeautiful Bel Air, MD

Posted 08 February 2013 - 12:04 AM

The funny thing is, i thought about this exact scenario. If i was on the sideline would I step into the field of play and tackle a player if he was destined for the endzone. I didn't know the rule either and I would have done it. I mean yeah, you 100% make the refs hand the game to SF if Ginn has a clear path to the opposite endzone. If he's gonna score anyway, make the refs make the call to award him the TD.

BTW.....Watching the replay a few times later, it sure as heck looked like Ginn was relatively close to breaking that. One tackler flew in and got a hand on him to slow him down as he was hitting the hole. Didn;t tackle him but slowed him down just enough. I really think if he hits the hole clean he may have scored.

Yeah, watching in real time I remember thinking that he got WAY too close to breaking free. I may have jumped into my television trying to tackle him, let alone whatever the Ravens would do.

#548 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,680 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 12:17 AM

Harbaugh's on Letterman right now. He's funny.

#549 Chris B

Chris B

• Moderators
  • 22,252 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 08 February 2013 - 12:26 AM

Jacoby on Kimmel. In shades.

#550 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,759 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 08 February 2013 - 09:24 AM

The DVD is narrated by Josh Charles.

I bought 2 pint glasses, a shot glass set for my dad's bar, coffee cups to piss off people at work, and a ridiculous pair of purple championship socks for grins.

That's reason enough for me to not get the DVD. If I have to hear one more time that Josh Charles is a Ravens fan I'm going to lose it.

As far as swag goes, I got myself one of the Black SB Champs Hats, A Flacco SB shirt for my wife, and a shirt and onesie for my two kids. I'll probably get Monday's Sun framed at some point.

#551 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,680 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 02:34 PM

That's reason enough for me to not get the DVD. If I have to hear one more time that Josh Charles is a Ravens fan I'm going to lose it.

To be fair, it isn't like there are many better options. Especially for something like this (you don't want PHELPS narrating, for God's sake).

#552 SammyBirdland

SammyBirdland

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,019 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 02:45 PM

NFL officiating exec: Good no-call in Super Bowl
¡Hasta la vista, pelota!

#553 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,759 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 08 February 2013 - 02:45 PM

To be fair, it isn't like there are many better options. Especially for something like this (you don't want PHELPS narrating, for God's sake).

Any of the area sports personalities TV or Radio would've been better. Sandusky called all the games on Radio he probably would have been my first choice.

#554 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 61,068 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 02:53 PM

I don't get the Josh Charles hate. He was the man in Sports Night!

#555 Chris B

Chris B

• Moderators
  • 22,252 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 09 February 2013 - 03:59 PM

Replaying on NFL network right now. About to be the blackout.

#556 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 09 February 2013 - 07:52 PM

ESPN: Jack Harbaugh neutral on no-call

http://espn.go.com/n...er-bowl-no-call
@levineps

#557 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,680 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 09:24 PM

ESPN: Jack Harbaugh neutral on no-call

http://espn.go.com/n...er-bowl-no-call

I guess someone HAD to ask, but come on, what the hell would he say?

#558 Miller192

Miller192

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,185 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 10:56 PM

Why is it that I still get nervous watching the Super Bowl when I know what happens?
@Miller192

#559 Chris B

Chris B

• Moderators
  • 22,252 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 09 February 2013 - 10:57 PM

Why is it that I still get nervous watching the Super Bowl when I know what happens?

I'm the same way. 3rd and 4th quarter are awful.

#560 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 11:21 PM

I was convinced we were losing after Rice fumbled. Really, quite amazing to me that we didn't lose. Couple of big drives for us late in that game, even though they just resulted in FGs. Held them off just long enough.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=