#622 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 12 January 2013 - 09:41 PM

Any position group or side of the ball I should focus on this week?

Talk about the MVP....the Oline.

#623 Chris B

Chris B

• Moderators
  • 22,252 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 12 January 2013 - 09:43 PM

This is a game this team usually loses. Which makes the w even better.

#624 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,762 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 12 January 2013 - 09:55 PM

Amazeballs!!!!

Who's going to Foxboro next week???

#625 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,546 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 14 February 2013 - 01:55 PM

I'm re-watching this game right now, and it's just unreal how epic this game was. There are so many crazy twists and turns to this game. This is what the 2001 Titans Divisional game was to this year's Super Bowl team.
  • McNulty likes this

#626 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,655 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 14 February 2013 - 04:53 PM

I'm re-watching this game right now, and it's just unreal how epic this game was. There are so many crazy twists and turns to this game. This is what the 2001 Titans Divisional game was to this year's Super Bowl team.

Excellent point. This game was a lot better in excitement then the Titans game, but similar in tension. I have watched the Bronco game at least 5 times and I am convinced it is the best game I have ever seen, and trust me, I have seen a lot of games.
Joe's throw, was one that should be talked about with the great throws in history. And yes, I am a homer, but it was just an incredible throw in an incredible game.
@mikeghg

#627 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,546 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 14 February 2013 - 04:58 PM

Excellent point. This game was a lot better in excitement then the Titans game, but similar in tension. I have watched the Bronco game at least 5 times and I am convinced it is the best game I have ever seen, and trust me, I have seen a lot of games.
Joe's throw, was one that should be talked about with the great throws in history. And yes, I am a homer, but it was just an incredible throw in an incredible game.

Agreed.

And both games started out giving you that same feel that something special was about to happen... followed by a near immediate punch to the gut. The Eddie George TD run with 7 minutes left in the 1st quarter... and the Punt return for a TD after our first drive stalled in Denver. Both on the road, in very hostile stadiums.

This game was better, and more fun to watch than that one... because the difference between Joe Flacco and Trent Dilfer is indescribable. Of course, on the inverse, the difference between the 2000 defense, and this team's defense is also indescribable, lol.

#628 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,655 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 14 February 2013 - 06:11 PM

Agreed.

And both games started out giving you that same feel that something special was about to happen... followed by a near immediate punch to the gut. The Eddie George TD run with 7 minutes left in the 1st quarter... and the Punt return for a TD after our first drive stalled in Denver. Both on the road, in very hostile stadiums.

This game was better, and more fun to watch than that one... because the difference between Joe Flacco and Trent Dilfer is indescribable. Of course, on the inverse, the difference between the 2000 defense, and this team's defense is also indescribable, lol.

Yep, it took awhile but the Ravens won a Super Bowl on the backs of their offense. I was not sure I was going to ever be able to say that.
Funny thing, I talked to a bronco fan the other day and he said it is going to take him all off season to get over a devatating loss like that. I laughed and told him, I know the feeling. He quickly realized I was talking about the Pats game. His question, When did you get over it. My response, when Josh Bynes dragged Ted Ginn down on the last play in New Orleans.
  • Bosibus likes this
@mikeghg

#629 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 15 February 2013 - 10:52 AM

I couldn't agree more. I said after the game, they could win the SB and this game wouldn't top it. Clearly to me it should be in that Game of the Year category at minimum.
@levineps

#630 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,546 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 15 February 2013 - 11:00 AM

I couldn't agree more. I said after the game, they could win the SB and this game wouldn't top it. Clearly to me it should be in that Game of the Year category at minimum.

The crazy thing is that the Super Bowl ended up being a hell of a game. I'm biased, but I would imagine that it will be one of the more memorable Super Bowls of the decade based on everything that happened and all of the story lines. What's crazy is that despite that, it's not even in the same stratosphere as the Denver game.

#631 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 15 February 2013 - 11:15 AM

The crazy thing is that the Super Bowl ended up being a hell of a game. I'm biased, but I would imagine that it will be one of the more memorable Super Bowls of the decade based on everything that happened and all of the story lines. What's crazy is that despite that, it's not even in the same stratosphere as the Denver game.

It will be memorable for sure, because of the blackout and yeah the storylines. It's one thing when a MNF has to come to a stop but the SB was something else. I'm still thinking it was a 49ers fan who cut off the powerlines :lol: and I am not a conspriacy theorist.

I really liked in the Denver game how Bisciotti texted Harbaugh in the middle of the game while they were losing. Don't get me wrong winning the SB was a bigger achievement, but the Denver game was the better of the two.
@levineps

#632 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,546 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 15 February 2013 - 11:25 AM

A Ravens fan friend of mine yesterday said that he enjoyed the Pats game more, due to finally exacting revenge.

I can understand that to a degree... but I think anyone who thinks that was the better game would have to be a Ravens fan. I treasure that game equally, but it's not a game I'd necessarily want to re-watch, as I will this Denver game for years to come.

#633 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 08:11 PM

The Denver game is one of those NFL FIlms "Greatest Games" features that you see on ESPN from time to time where they go through the game while interviewing the players and coaches involved. That'll be on in a couple of years.

It will also make lists of greatest playoff games of the century, maybe even all time. It was that good of a game.

#634 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 15 February 2013 - 10:08 PM

The Denver game is one of those NFL FIlms "Greatest Games" features that you see on ESPN from time to time where they go through the game while interviewing the players and coaches involved. That'll be on in a couple of years.

It will also make lists of greatest playoff games of the century, maybe even all time. It was that good of a game.

A lot of times, the word great is thrown around too loosely....not in this case.

#635 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,655 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 16 February 2013 - 10:03 AM

I think we will see that game on the NFL network quite a bit during the off season. I have watched the game and the subsequent "One Winning Drive" show a lot and may do so again tomorrow. It truly was as the old saying goes A Game for the ages.
@mikeghg

#636 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,546 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 16 February 2013 - 10:05 AM

I know that this game was the highest rated AFC Playoff game since 1994, but do non-Ravens fans think this is also a classic? I don't see how they couldn't, but maybe the world really does hate Baltimore. :lol:

#637 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 10:15 AM

I know that this game was the highest rated AFC Playoff game since 1994, but do non-Ravens fans think this is also a classic? I don't see how they couldn't, but maybe the world really does hate Baltimore. :lol:

I saw a Broncos fan, in a youtube comment no less, call this an epic game. It's pretty overwhelmingly going to be considered a great game. One of those games while its being played that you know is great, no matter the outcome. Certainly sweeter that the Ravens won. It's one of those now that everytime it's mentioned or talked about I'll stop and watch. If we had been on the other side of the coin, I'd turn the channell immediately. Either you'll embrace it the rest of your life(Ravens fans) or it will haunt you the rest of your life(Broncos fans).

BTW....the whole damn run was epic for Ravens fans. It's something you'll tell your kids and grandkids about the rest of your life. Sports as a fan simply cannot get any better. You'll never have a greater run than that as a sports fan.

Consider, it starts off with the face of the franchise and an all time great announcing his retiremnt. The Colts game was epic because it was Ray's sendoff at home. Last home game in a Ravens uniform. It also just so happened to be against the COlts.

Next, came the Broncos and Peyton in Denver. The game ended up being epic itself but you had the overcoming of the guy we couldn;t beat. Peyton had owned our souls for so long. Just beating him would have been epic enough, but to do it the way we did it was that much sweeter.

Onto New England. Another alltime great in Brady but this one is overcoming the demons of the 2011 season in the same house one year later in the same situation, a chance to go to the Super Bowl.

Finally, the Super Bowl. Ends up being pretty epic itself. You got the early explosion, the blackout, the comeback, the stand. Crazy

Seriously, a postseason filled with huge storylines every single game. Epic moment after epic moment that will live in Ravens fans memory forever. Seriously, you could go a long long time in your sports fan life and never have as many awesome moments that we got over 4 weeks. I'm telling you, this won't be topped in our life. This will be the defining Baltimore sports moments for our generation. I think that was represented in the parade and how many people turned out. Everyone knew how special and awesome this one was. I heard Eisenberg say that he remembers pretty much all of the Baltimore Championship parades and nothing was even close to this one.
  • Mackus, Mike B, Bosibus and 1 other like this

#638 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,655 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 16 February 2013 - 11:07 AM

I saw a Broncos fan, in a youtube comment no less, call this an epic game. It's pretty overwhelmingly going to be considered a great game. One of those games while its being played that you know is great, no matter the outcome. Certainly sweeter that the Ravens won. It's one of those now that everytime it's mentioned or talked about I'll stop and watch. If we had been on the other side of the coin, I'd turn the channell immediately. Either you'll embrace it the rest of your life(Ravens fans) or it will haunt you the rest of your life(Broncos fans).

BTW....the whole damn run was epic for Ravens fans. It's something you'll tell your kids and grandkids about the rest of your life. Sports as a fan simply cannot get any better. You'll never have a greater run than that as a sports fan.

Consider, it starts off with the face of the franchise and an all time great announcing his retiremnt. The Colts game was epic because it was Ray's sendoff at home. Last home game in a Ravens uniform. It also just so happened to be against the COlts.

Next, came the Broncos and Peyton in Denver. The game ended up being epic itself but you had the overcoming of the guy we couldn;t beat. Peyton had owned our souls for so long. Just beating him would have been epic enough, but to do it the way we did it was that much sweeter.

Onto New England. Another alltime great in Brady but this one is overcoming the demons of the 2011 season in the same house one year later in the same situation, a chance to go to the Super Bowl.

Finally, the Super Bowl. Ends up being pretty epic itself. You got the early explosion, the blackout, the comeback, the stand. Crazy

Seriously, a postseason filled with huge storylines every single game. Epic moment after epic moment that will live in Ravens fans memory forever. Seriously, you could go a long long time in your sports fan life and never have as many awesome moments that we got over 4 weeks. I'm telling you, this won't be topped in our life. This will be the defining Baltimore sports moments for our generation. I think that was represented in the parade and how many people turned out. Everyone knew how special and awesome this one was. I heard Eisenberg say that he remembers pretty much all of the Baltimore Championship parades and nothing was even close to this one.

Excellent post!! I am glad you included the parade at the end. It capped off an incredible run by the Ravens that really started with the Giant game where we started to get healthy and send out a warning to the national media that the Ravens are still here and still a good team. An incredible run of football.
@mikeghg

#639 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,546 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 16 February 2013 - 11:48 AM

I agree. It's seriously amazing in every way, and the fact that we not only got to see the Ravens win their 2nd Super Bowl, but also do it in the most amazing and bad ass way possible, leaves me speechless. I still can't even believe everything went down the way that it did.

#640 The Epic

The Epic

^^ That's my name. Don't wear it out.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,147 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 24 February 2013 - 12:12 PM

I know that it's been forever, but...I still can't believe this happened. Just thinking about that Jones TD makes me giddy.

I've looked at that play every day. Every. Day.
  • Bosibus likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=