DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,680 posts
  • LocationBeautiful Bel Air, MD

Posted 01 December 2018 - 11:01 AM

https://profootballt...zekiel-elliott/

And if the NFL doesn’t have the current internal expertise to get videos that TMZ seems to always obtain, maybe the NFL needs to hire someone from TMZ to help the NFL figure out how to get those videos.

@DJ_McCann

#182 McNulty

McNulty

la cerveza está muy fría

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,674 posts
  • LocationBS

Posted 01 December 2018 - 11:06 AM

Was this woman a hooker?

This is one of the worst things I’ve read. Truly mate.
  • BobPhelan and Chris B like this

@fuzydunlop

#183 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,557 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 01 December 2018 - 11:08 AM

https://profootballt...zekiel-elliott/

Horrible take. Anyone who trusts the NFL to be transparent about any videos they obtained are simply foolish.
  • SportsGuy likes this

#184 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,680 posts
  • LocationBeautiful Bel Air, MD

Posted 01 December 2018 - 12:27 PM

Horrible take. Anyone who trusts the NFL to be transparent about any videos they obtained are simply foolish.

Did I miss something in the article?
@DJ_McCann

#185 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,300 posts

Posted 01 December 2018 - 09:33 PM

The video is pretty bad.
http://www.tmz.com/2...eillance-video/

I mean. I feel like the odd one out here. Such an overreaction among the masses. He 100% should be suspended. Had he not had people there looking out for his best interests, it MIGHT have been worse. We'll never know. BUT, it amounts to two shoves that did no physical damage, one after the female smacks/punches him in the face, and what basically was a nudge with his foot. My mother did worse to me when I acted a fool when I was younger.

The incident as a whole is ugly. But why is everyone automatically putting this female as an innocent victim? Why is Hunt being demonized off of a clearly edited video with no context? Today's world is a judgemental and ugly place.

Go back and read about the incident. Two 19 year olds got kicked out of his room when Hunt found out they were drinking underage in his room. (smart move). Then they spent the next 30 minutes pounding on his door and yelling lord know what (she dropped the N word at least one time) Then one of Hunts close female friends went out and tried to get them to leave to which she got punched on the face for and retreated back into the room, to which Hunt came out and that's where the video picks up.

That woman was there with bad intentions. She is every bit as responsible for the situation as Hunt is. She was doing everything she could do to get him to go off. You can tell when she falls and misses the wall by 6 inches but still falls and tries to pretend she hit her face on the wall. Only injuries she was treated for were minor scratches on her knees and hand. If she hit the wall with how she fell, she would have been busted wide open. And that, being the worst part physically, didnt even come from Hunt.

No one is innocent in that situation. Everyone is equally as guilty. But let's blame everything on the black athlete and exaggerate everything until hes exiled... again. Hunt should 100% be suspended. He should 100% feel like a complete idiot and be embarrassed that he let himself fall into that incident. However Hunt should not be shouldering 100% of the blame and consequences. And this should NEVER be compared to Rice's or Mixons incidents. Rice and Mixon both coldcocked a female and knocked them unconscious. This incident isnt even close to those. I've seen sibling be more violent to each other than that.
  • cprenegade likes this

#186 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 61,148 posts

Posted 01 December 2018 - 09:35 PM

So you want the NFL to suspend this lady?

#187 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,300 posts

Posted 01 December 2018 - 09:39 PM

So you want the NFL to suspend this lady?

No, I want to see an objective view on the situation. This is beyond football. It's a man's life and reputation. The dude deserves to be suspended for being an idiot. But everyone here is acting like he Joe Mixon'd her then set her on fire.

#188 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 61,148 posts

Posted 01 December 2018 - 09:42 PM

So the Chiefs shouldn't have released him?

I'm not sure what you are complaining about. I don't see any over the top reactions here. Which post is an overreaction in your opinion?

#189 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,661 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 01 December 2018 - 09:52 PM

Apparently both the Chiefs and NFL literally were not allowed to view the video. The hotel gave it to the police, and the police turned down all requests. Or, at least, that is what is being reported.

Seems like we have heard that before. This seems very similar to the Rice episode.

@mikeghg

#190 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,661 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 01 December 2018 - 09:53 PM

Was this woman a hooker?

Do you even read what you post? 

@mikeghg

#191 B00E00N00

B00E00N00

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,812 posts
  • LocationSouthern Maryland

Posted 01 December 2018 - 10:39 PM

Seems like we have heard that before. This seems very similar to the Rice episode.

Yeah, wouldn't be surprised if that were the case.  

#192 cprenegade

cprenegade

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,810 posts

Posted 01 December 2018 - 11:42 PM

I mean. I feel like the odd one out here. Such an overreaction among the masses. He 100% should be suspended. Had he not had people there looking out for his best interests, it MIGHT have been worse. We'll never know. BUT, it amounts to two shoves that did no physical damage, one after the female smacks/punches him in the face, and what basically was a nudge with his foot. My mother did worse to me when I acted a fool when I was younger.

The incident as a whole is ugly. But why is everyone automatically putting this female as an innocent victim? Why is Hunt being demonized off of a clearly edited video with no context? Today's world is a judgemental and ugly place.

Go back and read about the incident. Two 19 year olds got kicked out of his room when Hunt found out they were drinking underage in his room. (smart move). Then they spent the next 30 minutes pounding on his door and yelling lord know what (she dropped the N word at least one time) Then one of Hunts close female friends went out and tried to get them to leave to which she got punched on the face for and retreated back into the room, to which Hunt came out and that's where the video picks up.

That woman was there with bad intentions. She is every bit as responsible for the situation as Hunt is. She was doing everything she could do to get him to go off. You can tell when she falls and misses the wall by 6 inches but still falls and tries to pretend she hit her face on the wall. Only injuries she was treated for were minor scratches on her knees and hand. If she hit the wall with how she fell, she would have been busted wide open. And that, being the worst part physically, didnt even come from Hunt.

No one is innocent in that situation. Everyone is equally as guilty. But let's blame everything on the black athlete and exaggerate everything until hes exiled... again. Hunt should 100% be suspended. He should 100% feel like a complete idiot and be embarrassed that he let himself fall into that incident. However Hunt should not be shouldering 100% of the blame and consequences. And this should NEVER be compared to Rice's or Mixons incidents. Rice and Mixon both coldcocked a female and knocked them unconscious. This incident isnt even close to those. I've seen sibling be more violent to each other than that.

You know I agree with you 100% on this.  I watched the video and it was no where near as bad as Rice.  The situation leading up to it is worth noting.  This guy might lose his career over an incident where he wasn't the instigator.  Yeah, he showed poor judgement in the moment but when I watched the video I didn't think it was as bad as it was made out to be.  It should be a lesson to everyone who has an NFL career.  Don't get yourself messed up in those situations.  But I do find it funny that guys like Hunt and RIce will end up paying with their loss of income, yet guys like Chiefs owner Hunt and Ravens owner BIscotti will get off with nothing when it is obvious that they both knew exactly what their players did.  

#193 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 02 December 2018 - 09:59 AM

http://www.espn.com/...n-investigation

Yea, the NFL doesn’t care about this stuff.

#194 The Epic

The Epic

^^ That's my name. Don't wear it out.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,147 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 02 December 2018 - 10:33 AM

Van Lathan from TMZ said that the NFL pretty much didn't even try.

#195 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 02 December 2018 - 10:41 AM

I have a lot of problems with how far the metoo movement and stuff like that has gone.

Part of my issue with it is that things like this will get lost in the shuffle of the over the top
PC stuff.

The NFL should be taken to task for this. They should get slammed up and down for the lack of investigation, desire to get the tape, etc...
  • mdrunning likes this

#196 The Epic

The Epic

^^ That's my name. Don't wear it out.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,147 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 02 December 2018 - 10:59 AM

This was so easy.

NFL finds out about the tape...say, March.

NFL obtains, views the tape. Notes that it's BAD, and Hunt gets 6 weeks.

KC decides whether to keep him. Based on whether he told the truth, contrition, etc.

This is a non-story by mid-2018 season. Hunt has an apology tour, and he's likely back by 2019.

Like, this is so easy that I'm shocked that they didn't do this.

• mweb08 likes this

#197 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 02 December 2018 - 11:06 AM

I have a lot of problems with how far the metoo movement and stuff like that has gone.

Part of my issue with it is that things like this will get lost in the shuffle of the over the top
PC stuff.

The NFL should be taken to task for this. They should get slammed up and down for the lack of investigation, desire to get the tape, etc...

Should be, but won’t be.

If you have, or are a product that enough people want, and have crazy money, you can get away with murder. Sometimes quite literally. Besides, when half the women that enjoy your product would still support Rice, or likely Hunt, because of hero worship, well, the league and teams know they don’t need to get these things right. It will blow up the internet for a week, then it’s forgotten by 1:00 Sunday.
@BSLMikeRandall

#198 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,300 posts

Posted 04 December 2018 - 09:07 AM

So the Chiefs shouldn't have released him?

I'm not sure what you are complaining about. I don't see any over the top reactions here. Which post is an overreaction in your opinion?

I said overreaction by the masses. Not specific posts on here. Everyone is acting like Hunt just went off on an innocent woman, knocked her unconscious, and set her on fire for no reason. (sarcasm) I'm complaining because a dude is about to be blackballed for a incident that really isnt that bad, and everyone is ok with it. Now, if these other incidents that are coming out have any validity to them, then that is on him. But this single incident shouldn't have him banned.

#199 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,731 posts

Posted 04 December 2018 - 09:35 AM

I said overreaction by the masses. Not specific posts on here. Everyone is acting like Hunt just went off on an innocent woman, knocked her unconscious, and set her on fire for no reason. (sarcasm) I'm complaining because a dude is about to be blackballed for a incident that really isnt that bad, and everyone is ok with it. Now, if these other incidents that are coming out have any validity to them, then that is on him. But this single incident shouldn't have him banned.

Isn't that bad?

Are you serious?

He needed 4 people to hold him back from beating that woman and still managed to knock another woman over and then kick her. Granted it wasn't a hard kick but it was a kick non the less and the woman he pushed fell and hit her head on the wall.

He deserves everything getting thrown at him.

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#200 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 61,148 posts

Posted 04 December 2018 - 10:33 AM

Did you edit that?  Because I thought you had said overreactions "on here" specifically and doublechecked before I posted.  Apologies if you said masses originally.

He absolutely should be suspended and released for what he did, IMO.  It doesn't matter what the woman did to him first, unless he was in physical danger which he obviously wasn't.  She may have insulted him and clearly assaulted him.  that doesn't give him freedom to assault her right back.  That's not how it works.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=