#2 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 21 August 2012 - 12:43 PM

Love this team...my pick to win that division(which btw has quickly become a good division after being so poor for years).

This team will be all about health and Cassel being solid. If those things happen, they could be very dangerous.

#3 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 155,679 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 09:22 AM

Pro Football Focus: Chiefs Preview
http://www.profootba...as-city-chiefs/

#4 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:34 AM

http://espn.go.com/n... ... fs-sources

Good for him.

Much rather have the KC job vs the Arizona job.

#5 Chris B

Chris B

• Moderators
  • 22,226 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:47 AM

I would bet that Pioli gets the axe shortly.

#6 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,342 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:49 AM

Jason La Canfora:

If Andy Reid does end up talking only to the Chiefs and taking that job, to reiterate from earlier this week, GM Scott Pioli will be out

#7 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:54 AM

Like Phil Jackson, you can never believe these 85-95% certainties until the ink is signed. Just yesterday, it was all but done deal with Arizona it was reported.
@levineps

#8 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 04 January 2013 - 10:46 AM

ESPN: Scott Pioli, Chiefs agree to part ways

http://espn.go.com/n...sas-city-chiefs
@levineps

#9 SammyBirdland

SammyBirdland

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,019 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 12:01 PM

I bet Arizona is wishing they were known for good barbecue right about now.
¡Hasta la vista, pelota!

#10 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 04 January 2013 - 12:18 PM

I bet Arizona is wishing they were known for good barbecue right about now.

I've never been to KC before besides the airport, but I'd have a tough time seeing how someone can view that as more of a destination than Arizona. I've been to the Phoenix area plenty of times, I really like the area.
@levineps

#11 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,455 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 12:19 PM

From a football perspective, both ARZ and KC are pretty similar. Both teams need franchise QB's but have some talent in place.

All things considered though, I think I'd rather work in Phoenix.
I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#12 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 04 January 2013 - 12:29 PM

From a football perspective, both ARZ and KC are pretty similar. Both teams need franchise QB's but have some talent in place.

Yeah, clearly you aren't just picking the "better" city even if it does factor into the decision.
@levineps

#13 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 04 January 2013 - 08:26 PM

CBS Sports: Reid will take hands-on approach with Chiefs offense

http://www.cbssports...-chiefs-offense

New Kansas City Chiefs coach Andy Reid is expected to be more hands-on running the Chiefs offense, including playcalling, according to a source with knowledge of the situation.

@levineps

#14 DBean

DBean
  • Members
  • 482 posts
  • LocationOwings Mills, MD

Posted 06 January 2013 - 12:02 AM

Now that I think about it, I think Reid made the right choice. Other than Denver, I don't see a tough #2 team in the AFC West. San Diego and Oakland always seem to have issues as of late, and maybe with a new QB and some weapons here or there, KC might be a good football team. With San Fran and Seattle in the divison, it would be tougher to win in the NFC West than the AFC West.
@mrbeanage

#15 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 06 January 2013 - 12:05 AM

ARZ in tougher division, at least right now.

#16 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,271 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 06 January 2013 - 12:29 AM

Yeah, clearly you aren't just picking the "better" city even if it does factor into the decision.

I've read that despite a couple successful seasons recently, the Bidwill's are still a problem that impedes that franchise. I'm guessing that Reid found Clark Hunt much more to his liking. I'll take the BBQ and better boss over the nicer city.

#17 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,271 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 06 January 2013 - 12:33 AM

Now that I think about it, I think Reid made the right choice. Other than Denver, I don't see a tough #2 team in the AFC West. San Diego and Oakland always seem to have issues as of late, and maybe with a new QB and some weapons here or there, KC might be a good football team. With San Fran and Seattle in the divison, it would be tougher to win in the NFC West than the AFC West.

Those things change so quickly though. It was only two seasons ago that a 7-9 team won the NFC West....now look at them. I think it's all about ownership and the feel you have with them for a good relationship. Plus with Pioli gone it sounds like Reid will be The Guy on personnel decisions (even if he isn't officially the GM). Arizona may not have given him that leeway, even though they are looking for a GM too.
  • DBean likes this

#18 DBean

DBean
  • Members
  • 482 posts
  • LocationOwings Mills, MD

Posted 06 January 2013 - 11:13 AM

Those things change so quickly though. It was only two seasons ago that a 7-9 team won the NFC West....now look at them. I think it's all about ownership and the feel you have with them for a good relationship. Plus with Pioli gone it sounds like Reid will be The Guy on personnel decisions (even if he isn't officially the GM). Arizona may not have given him that leeway, even though they are looking for a GM too.

Good point. A lot can change. It all depends on the commitment of ownership, as well as injuries and things like that. Just look at Kansas City. It was only a few years ago that the Ravens were playing them in the playoffs. They didn't make the playoffs this year.
@mrbeanage

#19 Chris B

Chris B

• Moderators
  • 22,226 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 24 February 2013 - 06:15 PM

@JasonLaCanfora: The 49ers have expressed to others that a deal for QB Alex Smith is effectively complete. Can't be finalized til league year begins 3/12

@JasonLaCanfora: so it's not official, both clubs view it at as it's effectively done. I do not know the other team. KC and JAX are 2 teams that make sense

#20 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 24 February 2013 - 06:35 PM

Gotta think its KC.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors