Photo

Would you trade Bundy for Stanton?

• Please log in to reply
84 replies to this topic

Poll: D Bundy for G Stanton? (24 member(s) have cast votes)

D Bundy for G Stanton?

1. Yes (15 votes [62.50%])

Percentage of vote: 62.50%

2. Voted no (9 votes [37.50%])

Percentage of vote: 37.50%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 13 November 2012 - 07:37 PM

I generally break it out as...

Ace
Verlander
Kershaw
Price
Cain

Top of the Rotation
CC Sabathia
Hamels
Gio Gonzalez
Halladay
Greinke
CJ Wilson
etc.

In my eyes there's a clear separation between Aces like Verlander and Top of the Rotation guys like Hamels/Greinke.

I agree...although I don't think I agree about Price and Cain being clear aces.

#22 JeffLong

JeffLong

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,826 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 07:41 PM

I agree...although I don't think I agree about Price and Cain being clear aces.

They're borderline for me... I felt silly having just two guys in the top group... maybe that's right though. I feel better about Price than Cain.
@JeffLongBP

#23 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 07:43 PM

Bundy is a terrific prospect but he's just that, a prospect. I love him, I'm excited about what he might be but it's projection. Stanton is a 23 yr old stud.The truth is in 5 years there is a better chance that we look back and say, wow, people really wouldn't have traded Bundy for Stanton vs wow, people really were willing to trade Bundy for Stanton.

#24 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,386 posts
  • LocationFormerly known as allstar1579

Posted 13 November 2012 - 07:55 PM

They're borderline for me... I felt silly having just two guys in the top group... maybe that's right though. I feel better about Price than Cain.

Strasburg.
@JeremyMStrain

#25 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,386 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 07:57 PM

Bundy is a terrific prospect but he's just that, a prospect. I love him, I'm excited about what he might be but it's projection. Stanton is a 23 yr old stud.The truth is in 5 years there is a better chance that we look back and say, wow, people really wouldn't have traded Bundy for Stanton vs wow, people really were willing to trade Bundy for Stanton.

In 5 years you could easily look back and say man, it sucks that Stanton left 2 years ago.
@JeremyMStrain

#26 JeffLong

JeffLong

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,826 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 07:59 PM

Strasburg.

Yep.
@JeffLongBP

#27 JeffLong

JeffLong

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,826 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 07:59 PM

In 5 years you could easily look back and say man, it sucks that Stanton left 2 years ago.

Hahahaha
@JeffLongBP

#28 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 13 November 2012 - 08:06 PM

Bet you could sign him to 5-8 year deal.

#29 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,386 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 08:10 PM

Bet you could sign him to 5-8 year deal.

It's going to be a record deal. He wants ARod/Pujols money. I don't see Angelos ponying up that much. Could be wrong, but I don't have a lot of faith.
@JeremyMStrain

#30 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 08:13 PM

Stanton has 4 team controled years left. Those extra 2 and a half years of team control starting in 2017 would be very low in my mind when making a decision today. We are talking 4 years down the road. Clearly the most important thing is sizing up a 20 yr old top prospect vs a 23 yr old established stud. People who say they wouldn't trade Bundy straight up for him are clearly in the minority. I have to think 8 or 9 out of 10 pro scouts make that trade.

#31 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 13 November 2012 - 08:17 PM

It's going to be a record deal. He wants ARod/Pujols money. I don't see Angelos ponying up that much. Could be wrong, but I don't have a lot of faith.

He can't that money as he has so many years of arbitration. He also likely doesn't need a 10 year deal since he is so young...he could sign a 5-7 year deal now and still get a 10 year deal later.

#32 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,386 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 08:20 PM

Stanton has 4 team controled years left. Those extra 2 and a half years of team control starting in 2017 would be very low in my mind when making a decision today. We are talking 4 years down the road. Clearly the most important thing is sizing up a 20 yr old top prospect vs a 23 yr old established stud. People who say they wouldn't trade Bundy straight up for him are clearly in the minority. I have to think 8 or 9 out of 10 pro scouts make that straight up trade.

If those pro scouts are as sold on Bundy as the people I've talked to are, it's not so clear cut. Then it becomes a SP versus a RF conversation, and most of those scouts will trust their judgement and go with the SP.

The only people that are going to do it without thought are the ones that don't trust their own judgement or aren't big on Bundy.

We aren't talking a guy that gets the cliche of "having TOR potential" we are talking a guy that has a good shot of being in that Verlander/Kershaw/Strasburg class. It adds an extra wrinkle to it.
@JeremyMStrain

#33 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,386 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 08:24 PM

He can't that money as he has so many years of arbitration. He also likely doesn't need a 10 year deal since he is so young...he could sign a 5-7 year deal now and still get a 10 year deal later.

He can suck it up through arb and go for that $200m contract in 4 years. I dunno, just relaying what I heard a week or two ago, that he was looking for that kind of deal.
@JeremyMStrain

#34 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,386 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 08:32 PM

By the way, is anyone else disgusted that TOR pulled this off, got $4m in cash FROM Mia AND didn't give up d'Arnaud???
@JeremyMStrain

#35 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 13 November 2012 - 08:39 PM

By the way, is anyone else disgusted that TOR pulled this off, got $4m in cash FROM Mia AND didn't give up d'Arnaud???

No...they gave up a lot and this cold blow up in their ace.

This really is a good deal for Miami...just sucks for the fan base.

#36 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,386 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 08:43 PM

No...they gave up a lot and this cold blow up in their ace.

This really is a good deal for Miami...just sucks for the fan base.

They really didn't. The OF they gave up last is ok, but the other guys they gave up I'm not impressed with and they've been trying to dump that SS forever. It's an OK deal, but talent wise they got a TON less than they should have for 5 MLB starters.
@JeremyMStrain

#37 JeffLong

JeffLong

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,826 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 08:52 PM

They really didn't. The OF they gave up last is ok, but the other guys they gave up I'm not impressed with and they've been trying to dump that SS forever. It's an OK deal, but talent wise they got a TON less than they should have for 5 MLB starters.

That's funny because all I've been seeing on twitter is how Marisnick profiles to be Werth but good enough to stay in CF and that Nicolino is a top LH prospect.

I think they should've gotten at least Arencibia. I bet they asked for d'Arnaud and just got completely shut down by AA.
@JeffLongBP

#38 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 13 November 2012 - 08:59 PM

Yea, the prospect are rated highly...Alvarez has already been successful.

Escobar is a very good SS but has issues...a good first half of the season could end up netting Miami a lot for him.

Plus, they lose all that salary.

Buck and JJ are FAs and with Johnson's injury history, you have no idea whether he will be a waste of 10 million, net you draft picks or be worth a ton at the deadline.

#39 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 13 November 2012 - 09:01 PM

He can suck it up through arb and go for that $200m contract in 4 years. I dunno, just relaying what I heard a week or two ago, that he was looking for that kind of deal.

Sure, he could suck it up...but handing him a 6/80 type deal gives him a lot of security and enables him to get another huge deal at age 29 or 30.

If he waits 4 years, anything could happen. If he is a beast and gets a 10/250 deal..he will make 275-300 million.

If he signs an 80 million dollar deal now, he could still get that 250 million dollar deal later on...that gives him 330 million.

#40 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,386 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 09:10 PM

That's funny because all I've been seeing on twitter is how Marisnick profiles to be Werth but good enough to stay in CF and that Nicolino is a top LH prospect.

I think they should've gotten at least Arencibia. I bet they asked for d'Arnaud and just got completely shut down by AA.

Far from Werth. He was their number 2 prospect this year and I'm not sure he will even make the majors. His swing is a mess. He's not terrible but I expect him to get exposed by inside heat and outside breaking pitches. Hech is all glove no bat. Alvarez is ok. I would have taken Snydergaard over most of them and would have demanded d'arnaud as a starting point. Most interesting in all of this...Miami didn't initiates it. I've said it before...AA is amazing.
@JeremyMStrain

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=