90 replies to this topic

#61 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,669 posts

Posted 15 April 2024 - 07:15 PM

I was hesitant on Westburg last year. Only 3 HR in 208 ABs, didn't seem like the power he showed in the minors was going to translate.

Maybe he can be more than JAG.

His hard hit rate was quite good last year as well if I rememver correctly. He has a few warts and the Wall will suppress his offense to some extend but he should be more than JAG

#62 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,669 posts

Posted 15 April 2024 - 07:17 PM

Mullins has had good swings all night. Could feel that HR coming

#63 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,395 posts

Posted 15 April 2024 - 07:18 PM

What are we doing crapping on exit velo. Like what are we doing. Hit the freaking ball hard. Direct correlation to harder the ball is hit to increased BA and yet it annoys people to know how hard the balls are hit. Baffling

My point being, I know when a ball has been hit hard. I don't need to be told whether it was 100 MPH or 105. Who cares? And there's a correlation between hitting the ball hard and batting averages? No shit. I'm sure they figured that out in 1900. But hey, if you guys get off and those kinds of stats, knock yourself out. Now back to the game.

#64 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,669 posts

Posted 15 April 2024 - 07:18 PM

No jinxes here but with this Minn offense being less than ideal we should be able tk lock down a 4 run lead.

#65 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,056 posts

Posted 15 April 2024 - 07:19 PM

His hard hit rate was quite good last year as well if I rememver correctly. He has a few warts and the Wall will suppress his offense to some extend but he should be more than JAG

90.2 avg exit velocity, but we aren't supposed to talk about that stat.

He was well above average in exit velo, hard hit, and sweet spot.

#66 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,056 posts

Posted 15 April 2024 - 07:21 PM

108 off the bat.

#67 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,395 posts

Posted 15 April 2024 - 07:22 PM

90.2 avg exit velocity, but we aren't supposed to talk about that stat.
He was well above average in exit velo, hard hit, and sweet spot.

I think Westburg has the ability to hit .275, which would probably be his threshold. I would gladly accept that.

#68 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,669 posts

Posted 15 April 2024 - 07:23 PM

My point being, I know when a ball has been hit hard. I don't need to be told whether it was 100 MPH or 105. Who cares? And there's a correlation between hitting the ball hard and batting averages? No shit. I'm sure they figured that out in 1900. But hey, if you guys get off and those kinds of stats, knock yourself out. Now back to the game.

Rofl. 90 is hard hit. So is 110. 110 gives you a much better chance of getting a hit. Its valuable information.

#69 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 61,149 posts

Posted 15 April 2024 - 07:29 PM

Can you tell if a pitch is 99 or 96? 92? Just from watching it?

#70 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 61,149 posts

Posted 15 April 2024 - 07:33 PM

If you don't care, that's totally cool. Baseball can be enjoyed without the nuance of exit velocity. I loved baseball long before it was measured and we just guessed at how hard a ball was hit, or based on how far a homer went. It's just when you say that it doesn't matter that I think your willful ignorance becomes obnoxious.

#71 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,669 posts

Posted 15 April 2024 - 07:37 PM

There have been a few duds but the offense has been raking for the most part this season. On pace for close to 900 runs.

Kevin Brown talked about it earlier mentioning how we faced 5 lefties in the first 9 games. I would imagine we are ome of the elite offenses so far this year against RHP. Lefties are a real issue for us. Its not just SSS

#72 mikezpen

mikezpen
  • Members
  • 171 posts

Posted 15 April 2024 - 07:40 PM

I think Westburg has the ability to hit .275, which would probably be his threshold. I would gladly accept that.

Don't know about average, maybe .260-,280. But I think he hits 20 homers and drives in 80-90 runs this year. And that's good enough.

#73 85Knight

85Knight

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,431 posts

Posted 15 April 2024 - 07:55 PM

You're not alone. I'm old school too and some of these new stats seem a little over the top. I had this discussion with a friend and we were discussing where the sweeper came from after 150 yrs of baseball. I guess it all coincides with betting and fantasy baseball. The more stats the better. Follow the money.

#74 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,395 posts

Posted 15 April 2024 - 07:56 PM

Rofl. 90 is hard hit. So is 110. 110 gives you a much better chance of getting a hit. Its valuable information.

Who cares? Either you get a hit or you don't. So Gunnar hits a 108 MPH homerun and then strikes out his last three times up. He always seems to hit the ball hard when he makes contact. And if he winds up hitting ,230 this year, a lot of good it did him.

#75 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,395 posts

Posted 15 April 2024 - 07:59 PM

You're not alone. I'm old school too and some of these new stats seem a little over the top. I had this discussion with a friend and we were discussing where the sweeper came from after 150 yrs of baseball. I guess it all coincides with betting and fantasy baseball. The more stats the better. Follow the money.

Yeah, the sweeper. Maybe that's the official Tommy John Surgery pitch we've been hearing so much about.

#76 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 61,149 posts

Posted 15 April 2024 - 08:10 PM

Very solid. Bullpen gonna be a little short tomorrow so hopefully can win going away.

#77 dude

dude

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,857 posts
  • LocationColumbus, GA

Posted 15 April 2024 - 08:13 PM

#42 did a great job today.

I like the no-sweep streak.  Get the first one every series.

#78 dude

dude

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,857 posts
  • LocationColumbus, GA

Posted 15 April 2024 - 08:13 PM

The hydration station is udderly ridiculous.

• russsnyder likes this

#79 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,669 posts

Posted 15 April 2024 - 08:20 PM

Very solid. Bullpen gonna be a little short tomorrow so hopefully can win going away.

One of those games where its like did Hyde really need to go to 2 of his A guys when Akin allowed the 2 baserunners up 5 and 1 out. Eventually had the 3rd one warming as well in Coulombe. But if it all falls apart on you its a bad loss.

#80 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,669 posts

Posted 15 April 2024 - 08:23 PM

Who cares? Either you get a hit or you don't. So Gunnar hits a 108 MPH homerun and then strikes out his last three times up. He always seems to hit the ball hard when he makes contact. And if he winds up hitting ,230 this year, a lot of good it did him.

Last time I checked they dont give EVs for Ks. Look your problem with the game today is well known and stated. Just go watch tee ball at your local hometown LL park. You will see a bunch of contact(eventually) with low EVs. Perfect for you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=