Photo

Zay Flowers Domestic Incident (EDIT: Balt Co Police Close Case - No Charges)

• Please log in to reply
180 replies to this topic

#61 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,318 posts

Posted 18 February 2024 - 01:58 PM

Two separate incidents?

Massachusetts and Baltimore County.  Unless I was reading it wrong.  I was just scanning through the article but why would police in Acton have any interest in a case from Owings Mill?  I know he went to Boston College but unless something happened up there, why would they care? 

#62 mdrunning

mdrunning

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,414 posts

Posted 18 February 2024 - 02:08 PM

Massachusetts and Baltimore County.  Unless I was reading it wrong.  I was just scanning through the article but why would police in Acton have any interest in a case from Owings Mill?  I know he went to Boston College but unless something happened up there, why would they care? 

From what I understand, the woman did not report the incident until she was back in Acton, MA, which is where she's from.

#63 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,174 posts

Posted 18 February 2024 - 02:18 PM

Massachusetts and Baltimore County. Unless I was reading it wrong. I was just scanning through the article but why would police in Acton have any interest in a case from Owings Mill? I know he went to Boston College but unless something happened up there, why would they care?

Same incident, reported in different places.

#64 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,318 posts

Posted 18 February 2024 - 02:53 PM

From what I understand, the woman did not report the incident until she was back in Acton, MA, which is where she's from.

I guess that would make a little more sense but why report something that happened in MD to MA police?  Or give them the evidence? Strange. 

#65 CantonJester

CantonJester

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,701 posts

Posted 18 February 2024 - 03:04 PM

I guess that would make a little more sense but why report something that happened in MD to MA police?  Or give them the evidence? Strange. 

Perhaps because Tallahassee Police buried a rape investigation of Jameis Winston until a St Pete Times reporter started poking around. 

IOW, cuz local police have done some strange things to protect marquee athletes. 

#66 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,318 posts

Posted 18 February 2024 - 03:17 PM

Perhaps because Tallahassee Police buried a rape investigation of Jameis Winston until a St Pete Times reporter started poking around. 

IOW, cuz local police have done some strange things to protect marquee athletes. 

Or maybe she had no intention of reporting it to anyone until she got home and her family convinced her it was the right thing to do. Who knows.  TMZ, where are you? 

#67 russsnyder

russsnyder

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,262 posts

Posted 18 February 2024 - 03:44 PM

Or maybe she had no intention of reporting it to anyone until she got home and her family convinced her it was the right thing to do. Who knows. TMZ, where are you?

That's the thing, no one (outside of Flowers and this young lady) knows what happened. FWIW, the NFL will likely conduct an investigation whether Flowers is charged or not. There's obviously questions about Flowers' conduct.
<p>"F IT!, Let's hit." Ted Williams

#68 CantonJester

CantonJester

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,701 posts

Posted 18 February 2024 - 04:14 PM

Or maybe she had no intention of reporting it to anyone until she got home and her family convinced her it was the right thing to do. Who knows.  TMZ, where are you? 

She called 911, right? So something happened. Another way of looking at it is that she got back home, and after talking to her parents, Mom & Dad realized the report did not indicate the level of trauma their daughter experienced. They may have even contacted a lawyer before going to the local police. 

#69 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,367 posts

Posted 20 February 2024 - 02:24 PM

Baltimore County Police close case, no charges

https://www.thebalti..._eid=9204bbd6c0

#70 Nigel Tufnel

Nigel Tufnel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,977 posts

Posted 20 February 2024 - 02:29 PM

New documents show that a woman reported to police in Acton, Mass. that she had been involved in a domestic incident involving an NFL player, and that the player’s brother had drawn a firearm. She declined to identify him and said she was in fear, records show, but police conducted social media searches to determine who she was “associated with.”

“She stated that she was physically assaulted which left her with multiple bruises,” police wrote in a report. But when contacted by Baltimore County police later in the month, she said there were no further issues, nor did she disclose further details relating to the original report.

#71 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 61,083 posts

Posted 20 February 2024 - 02:31 PM

Never good when Justin Fenton is reporting on your players. Sounds like this may be over, though, as far as anyone finding out any more details.

#72 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 20 February 2024 - 02:52 PM

Aren't there some things you don't need to press charges for in order for it to be a crime? I'd say threatening a person with a gun to keep their mouth shut should be one of them. Since they would fear turning their abuser in for the most obvious reason.

Legally, Zay is innocent. He's a scumbag in my opinion. 

@BSLMikeRandall

#73 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,295 posts

Posted 20 February 2024 - 02:53 PM

Aren't there some things you don't need to press charges for in order for it to be a crime? I'd say threatening a person with a gun to keep their mouth shut should be one of them. Since they would fear turning their abuser in for the most obvious reason.

Legally, Zay is innocent. He's a scumbag in my opinion.

Sounds like it was his brother.

#74 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 20 February 2024 - 02:57 PM

Yeah, Zay beat her up, and when she was going to turn him in, his brother pulled a gun on her, threatened to kill her if she dropped Zay's name to the police. She goes silent and doesn't press charges.  

Justice is done. 

@BSLMikeRandall

#75 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,174 posts

Posted 20 February 2024 - 03:03 PM

Yes. If he pulled a gun and threatened someone he'd be charged.

#76 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 20 February 2024 - 03:06 PM

Yes. If he pulled a gun and threatened someone he'd be charged.

She wouldn't press charges on him either. In the subsequent questioning it would come out why he drew the gun. To keep his football playing brothers name clean after he beat her. 

@BSLMikeRandall

#77 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,174 posts

Posted 20 February 2024 - 03:09 PM

Yeah, Zay beat her up, and when she was going to turn him in, his brother pulled a gun on her, threatened to kill her if she dropped Zay's name to the police. She goes silent and doesn't press charges.

Justice is done.

I mean, I think it's pretty unfair to assume he's completely guilty when police just did a thorough investigation and he wasn't charged with anything, but I guess that's your prerogative. I'm not saying he's a saint, but assuming full guilt seems a bit much.
  • Biggsy and makoman like this

#78 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,174 posts

Posted 20 February 2024 - 03:10 PM

She wouldn't press charges on him either. In the subsequent questioning it would come out why he drew the gun. To keep his football playing brothers name clean after he beat her.

Can't the state press charges if they have credible evidence of assault?

#79 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 20 February 2024 - 03:15 PM

Can't the state press charges if they have credible evidence of assault?

Thats my question. The report said she was bruised up thanks to a domestic incident with an NFL player, whose brother drew a gun on her, then the information stopped. 

She can't press charges without fear for her life, so shouldn't some higher entity take over? 

@BSLMikeRandall

#80 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,860 posts

Posted 20 February 2024 - 03:21 PM

She can't press charges without fear for her life, so shouldn't some higher entity take over?

Without a victim or witness you don't have much of a case and literally no chance of a conviction.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=