727 replies to this topic

#661 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,430 posts

Posted 10 April 2024 - 01:13 PM

Terrell Suggs being an idiot in retirement.

#662 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,886 posts

Posted 10 April 2024 - 01:56 PM

Terrell Suggs being an idiot in retirement.

I don't understand these guys. You got money to last 5 lifetimes and you're threatening someone in a Starbucks? I'd be on a beach somewhere enjoying retirement and spending my money. 

https://nypost.com/2...ult-in-arizona/

• jamesdean likes this

#663 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 61,065 posts

Posted 10 April 2024 - 02:27 PM

I gotta assume that the person in front of him backed into his car and waved a gun at him and Sizzle was just paying it forward like you're supposed to at Starbucks.

#664 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,522 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 10 April 2024 - 02:56 PM

He needs to learn how to use the Starbucks app. No need to scream your order into a speaker.

#665 russsnyder

russsnyder

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,259 posts

Posted 10 April 2024 - 03:53 PM

I gotta assume that the person in front of him backed into his car and waved a gun at him and Sizzle was just paying it forward like you're supposed to at Starbucks.

It's similar to jeep owners who wave at each other.

Suggs and this person both had the same caliber handgun.
<p>"F IT!, Let's hit." Ted Williams

#666 Mashed Potatoes

Mashed Potatoes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,026 posts

Posted 10 April 2024 - 06:49 PM

I do like that he called him a cracker
@DaKittenz

#667 cprenegade

cprenegade

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,807 posts

Posted 13 April 2024 - 07:39 PM

Rock Ya-Sin gone to the 49ers.  I don't think it's much of a loss quality wise, he was terrible, but it is another hit to the depth chart.

#668 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,858 posts

Posted 16 April 2024 - 03:45 PM

Ya-Sin was addition by subtraction. Dude was terrible.

#669 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,522 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 17 April 2024 - 09:53 PM

Dobbins to West Baltimore to play for the other Harbaugh, plus Edwards and Roman. Sounds like a 1-year deal.

#670 cprenegade

cprenegade

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,807 posts

Posted 18 April 2024 - 04:44 AM

Two thirds or the Ravens 3 headed rushing machine and it's designer are now in San Diego, LA campus.  Wonder how Justin Herbert feels about that?  

You could argue they were just plug and play pieces here though.  The most important part of that machine was and still is Lamar Jackson.  Unless the goal is to neuter him further, I don't see why they won't continue to put up similar numbers.  At least until playoff time.  ;)

#671 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,315 posts

Posted 18 April 2024 - 07:18 AM

Dobbins to West Baltimore to play for the other Harbaugh, plus Edwards and Roman. Sounds like a 1-year deal.

I'll be shocked if Dobbins returns to even a shell of himself.  I think he's done but we'll see. 

#672 Ravens2006

Ravens2006

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,044 posts

Posted 18 April 2024 - 08:21 AM

Roman devised a great run game with pieces that worked together. He got away from it in the most crucial situations and the first sign of adversity. It was the same with him in Buffalo and San Fran. I mean, who doesn't think they score a TD at the end in SB 47 if he calls 4 straight RPOs with Kaepernick taking the snaps?  Ravens D was gassed and all SF needed was one gap for about a second for Gore or Kaepernick to hit hard.  

Edwards didn't look "done" last year by any means, but he DID look a half step slower to my eye.  Which probably explains the change to "goal line" and short yardage back, which he is still pretty damn good at. And he's about the same age as Henry, albeit with less hits taken. Dobbins has played 9 games in 3 seasons. If either one of them are able to be anything close to their normal selves at this point, credit to them! I just don't know that Herbert represents the kid of alternative threat / worry to defenses that Jackson did / does. And that threat tends to give other guys a little more space at times because LBs will sometimes hesitate to see if the QB is keeping / going on his own.

If Roman's offense is anything special in LA, it'll be a first time achievement for him.  Buffalo he had Tyrod who could move.  San Fran he had Kaep.  Here he had Lamar.  Justin is not a water buffalo, and maybe he'll finally explode as a next level passer, but that dude isn't getting any designed runs or breaking off an improvised 25 yard run on 3rd and 9 to kill a defense.  

#673 cprenegade

cprenegade

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,807 posts

Posted 19 April 2024 - 05:23 AM

I think Dobbins can return the back he was when drafted.  He is only 25 and he worked hard to get back from the ACL tear.  And even with a set back mid season, he looked explosive towards the end of the 2022 season.  My concern is the next injury.  It seemed inevitable during his time in Baltimore.  But was that just pure dumb luck?  Or maybe conditioning?  Or is it just that his body is injury prone?  He did go three years at OSU with no injuries so there is that.  

It's a gamble with him for sure, but if he can return to the JK Dobbins that everyone said was a steal for the Ravens, then it's a gamble that could be a big payoff for the Chargers.  It's not surprising to me that Jim Harbaugh would take that gamble on Dobbins.  He went up against him every year that Dobbins was with Ohio State and Harbaugh was at Michigan.   Michigan lost all three games.  

#674 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,295 posts

Posted 19 April 2024 - 06:22 AM

Flowers officially will recieve no penalty from the NFL.

IMO that tells me there was a lot of BS behind the claims being made. NFL isn't tied down by the same rules that law enforcement and the court systems. I think Zeke got suspended when the legal system found him innocent, because the NFL during their own investigation found enough proof of wrongdoing that they felt it was necessary to suspend Zeke for 4 games, as a warning to stop being stupid. The fact that the NFL investigated the incident and are exonerating Flowers saying they found no evidence that he acted in any wrong way is pretty positive to me.

I think an incident did happen. But how involved Flowers was, and what actually happened will always be cloudy. Still stains Flowers name, and if he has another issue, I'm sure he'll get the Rice treatment from the league.

#675 cprenegade

cprenegade

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,807 posts

Posted 19 April 2024 - 08:45 AM

I'm not sure on Flowers.  Sure seemed like an incident involving him occurred.  The accuser went to the trouble of calling 911 and then going to the police in Mass. before shutting up.  Flowers wouldn't comment from the beginning.  The accuser was talking to police when she got a call she claimed was from the players agent.  She did not take the call at that time.  But after that, she shut up completely.  With nobody left to comment, the police didn't pursue it.  I thought they should have gotten a warrant to talk to Flowers, but his attorney would have probably told him not to say anything anyway so I guess they figured why bother.  

It's not hard to come to the conclusion that the agent called with a payoff for the accuser to buy her silence.  Obviously no proof there but if it walks like a duck.....    

Same thing happened in the Roethlisberger case.  The accuser suddenly left the area and refused to talk to police.  No proof, but not hard to come to the same conclusion.  

It's over now, but yeah, he better stay clean.  Another issue will likely have him in deep trouble.  

#676 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,165 posts

Posted 19 April 2024 - 08:55 AM

Flowers officially will recieve no penalty from the NFL.

IMO that tells me there was a lot of BS behind the claims being made. NFL isn't tied down by the same rules that law enforcement and the court systems. I think Zeke got suspended when the legal system found him innocent, because the NFL during their own investigation found enough proof of wrongdoing that they felt it was necessary to suspend Zeke for 4 games, as a warning to stop being stupid. The fact that the NFL investigated the incident and are exonerating Flowers saying they found no evidence that he acted in any wrong way is pretty positive to me.

I think an incident did happen. But how involved Flowers was, and what actually happened will always be cloudy. Still stains Flowers name, and if he has another issue, I'm sure he'll get the Rice treatment from the league.

This is what I expected would happen, and I'm glad the NFL didn't punish just because an allegation was made.

I'm all for supporting survivors of abuse and domestic violence, but I also don't believe that guilt should be assumed because an allegation was made. It was a little disturbing how many people here assumed he was guilty when no real facts had been released and the police had concluded he wouldn't be charged.
  • russsnyder likes this

#677 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,446 posts

Posted 19 April 2024 - 09:42 AM

Same thing happened in the Roethlisberger case.  The accuser suddenly left the area and refused to talk to police.  No proof, but not hard to come to the same conclusion.  

It's over now, but yeah, he better stay clean.  Another issue will likely have him in deep trouble.  

And the NFL suspended Roethlisberger. And supposedly they care a lot more about DV issues now. So it seems like they literally have nothing.

I'm mostly indifferent to it all, simply because I have no clue what happened and I try not to assume. Certainly seems like something happened, but no idea what or who was really at fault. Could be the brother with the gun was the real issue. I've personally known women who attacked men and then called the police claiming abuse. And obviously he could have caused everything and paid her off or whatever. The latter is the easiest conclusion to jump to but it's all speculation for any of us, and if there are no legal or professional penalties then he has no reason to talk about it publicly, there's only possible downsides. 

Still, there will always be a cloud over him though because of this so I'm never going to be a big time fan of his like I am others on the team. The unknown works both ways, it's plausible he did something awful. If they trade him for good value or let him go after the rookie deal that's fine with me.

• BSLChrisStoner likes this

#678 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,430 posts

Posted 19 April 2024 - 09:49 AM

Im on board with the original story. Truth can be silenced by many means. Likely what happened here. It is what it is at this point.

#679 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,430 posts

Posted 19 April 2024 - 09:51 AM

And the NFL suspended Roethlisberger. And supposedly they care a lot more about DV issues now. So it seems like they literally have nothing.

I'm mostly indifferent to it all, simply because I have no clue what happened and I try not to assume. Certainly seems like something happened, but no idea what or who was really at fault. Could be the brother with the gun was the real issue. I've personally known women who attacked men and then called the police claiming abuse. And obviously he could have caused everything and paid her off or whatever. The latter is the easiest conclusion to jump to but it's all speculation for any of us, and if there are no legal or professional penalties then he has no reason to talk about it publicly, there's only possible downsides.

Still, there will always be a cloud over him though because of this so I'm never going to be a big time fan of his like I am others on the team. The unknown works both ways, it's plausible he did something awful. If they trade him for good value or let him go after the rookie deal that's fine with me.

I think your last paragraph is a fair way to approach him. If he has a big game or big game winning catch Im not gonna sit here and act like I wont feel some excitement as a fan of the team. But on a personal level at this point Id prefer they move on ASAP understanding they arent gonna just release him or give him away

#680 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,315 posts

Posted 19 April 2024 - 10:09 AM

It's never a good look when accused of any kind of abuse.  Especially in today's world with social media outlets digging and picking at any miniscule crack in the road to find a reason to cancel someone.  As I've said before, without evidence or the girl officially pressing charges, what can the police do?  When there's lots of money involved, people can do incredibly, unconscionable things.  I was reading yesterday that one of the women who accused Trevor Bauer of abusing her and getting her pregnant, was found to not only fabricate the pregnancy but also tried to extort money from another guy.  She was charged with felony fraud.  Apples and oranges for sure but investigators have to be really careful to sift through the facts and remove the fiction before charging someone.  Flowers may have gotten away with a serious crime or he may in fact, be innocent.  Without evidence or charges, he's presumed just that.  At the end of the day, as Twenty thirty-five said, after he catches a couple of touchdowns, all will be forgiven.  If the girl did get a pay-off, it's a sad commentary on basic morals.  And if that's the case, Flowers better hope she stays invisible. 

• Ravens2006 likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=