787 replies to this topic

#681 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,315 posts

Posted 19 April 2024 - 11:16 AM

Im on board with the original story. Truth can be silenced by many means. Likely what happened here. It is what it is at this point.

The legal system ties investigators and prosecutors hands. Without definitve proof or evidence, hard to do much of anything in the legal system. Anyone can call 911 and go to police and make whatever claims they want. Investigators had nothing, and couldn't do anything.

However, the NFL isn't tied by those same restraints. They can hire a team of the best PI's in the world and dig as much as they want. It's been proven in the past, if the NFL feels there was even the slightest bit of wrongdoing, they'll suspend the player. Roethlisberger and Zeke being prime examples.

The fact that the NFL ended its investigation and found no wrongdoing is telling.

Does that mean there wasn't hush money involved. No. Does it mean Flowers definitely didn't do anything? Also no.

#682 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,719 posts

Posted 19 April 2024 - 11:29 AM

There was insufficient evidence. Thats how it has been worded. Which makes all the sense in the world if its Zay,his brother, and a woman who has probably been silenced. How would there ever be sufficent evidence if the woman refuses to cooperate and there are only 3 parties. It is what it is at this point and I cant sit here and tell you I know anything for sure. If we are doing probabilities I know Id lean heavily a certain way.

#683 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,315 posts

Posted 19 April 2024 - 11:47 AM

There was insufficient evidence. Thats how it has been worded. Which makes all the sense in the world if its Zay,his brother, and a woman who has probably been silenced. How would there ever be sufficent evidence if the woman refuses to cooperate and there are only 3 parties. It is what it is at this point and I cant sit here and tell you I know anything for sure. If we are doing probabilities I know Id lean heavily a certain way.

Like I said from the beginning. It turned into a he said-she said situation, and she stopped 'sayin'.

I mean, no pics or medical record from the female, unless I'm mistaken. I know it was rumored she had a marked up face, but I haven't seen any proof of that either. From what I've seen, everything is speculation and accusations. I refuse to lean in either direction on this situation.

#684 cprenegade

cprenegade

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,828 posts

Posted 21 April 2024 - 03:11 AM

It's over at this point.  Karma takes over.  Karma has a way of taking care of people who got away with something.  :)

#685 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,891 posts

Posted 23 April 2024 - 11:23 AM

I'm neutral on the issue unless there's some real evidence. As a black man we have a history of being convicted or not with no evidence. I.E white woman claiming disrespect and a black man getting lynched on her word. Time to get on with the season and get the OC to get a clue in the playoffs. We're 0-2 in that category. 

• Mashed Potatoes likes this

#686 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,639 posts

Posted 24 April 2024 - 12:33 PM

Bateman extended through 2026. No terms yet but Twitter rumor is 3/15M, which seems good considering the 5th year option was still possible and was close to that. He still has some amount of upside.

• BSLChrisStoner likes this

#687 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,719 posts

Posted 24 April 2024 - 12:35 PM

I approve. Guy apparently gets seperation. Lamar just doesnt look/throw his way

#688 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,719 posts

Posted 24 April 2024 - 12:38 PM

How much would the '25 option have been by itself?

#689 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,639 posts

Posted 24 April 2024 - 12:40 PM

14.3M, and his base is 2.3M this year. I guess he thought they wouldn't pick it up. Maybe the 15M is wrong or there are a bunch of incentives and things.

#690 hallas

hallas

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,591 posts
  • LocationDaniel Larusso's hometown

Posted 24 April 2024 - 12:44 PM

14.3 million plus 2.3 million on the last year of his deal.

Ngl this deal makes no sense from Bateman's perspective unless he just really likes it here. Which, coming from Minnesota, Owings Mills might feel like paradise in comparison. This would have been team friendly even if the Ravens threw in an extra 5 million.

#691 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 157,582 posts

Posted 24 April 2024 - 12:50 PM

Haven't loved some of his comments or health... but I'm glad they extended him.  I feel he's due to breakout.

#692 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,771 posts

Posted 24 April 2024 - 12:53 PM

Thought Bateman would be looking to get away from Baltimore. Can't imagine a 1st round WR with his targets can be happy with his usage.

He's de facto #2 WR now but still behind Flowers, Andrews, and even Likely for targets.

#693 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 62,101 posts

Posted 24 April 2024 - 12:54 PM

3/$15M can't be right, can it?  That's nothing for a WR.

#694 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,892 posts

Posted 24 April 2024 - 12:58 PM

Sounds like they're confident Bateman will finally take it to the next level this year. If he does, the extension is a steal.

#695 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,639 posts

Posted 24 April 2024 - 01:06 PM

3/$15M can't be right, can it?  That's nothing for a WR.

I said in the other thread that I don't see how 3/15 or 3/45 make any sense, but maybe it could. He has obvious upside but has done little. Agholor gets 1/3.75 from us this year, I suppose there's a chance that's his type of market next year if he does little or gets hurt again. So maybe that # can be defended, still seems low. Maybe the rumor on money is simply wrong.

#696 hallas

hallas

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,591 posts
  • LocationDaniel Larusso's hometown

Posted 24 April 2024 - 01:10 PM

I read some scuttle that there was 50 million in incentives.  But even 3/65 would be a steal because if he hits those incentives next year he'd be able to sign for 4/80 most likely.

#697 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 62,101 posts

Posted 24 April 2024 - 02:21 PM

Stanley's rework looks an awful lot like a straight paycut.  The incentives are all NLTBE and are going to be pretty difficult for him to achieve.  They are tandem incentives where he has to play X% of the offensive snaps AND make the Pro Bowl.  As the snaps increase or as the award increases fromPro Bowl to All Pro, the incentives go up.  So if he doesn't make at least the Pro Bowl, he gets zero incentives.

A summary I copied from google, not 100% certain it's accurate:

Ronnie Stanley's $10M '24 incentives:

$2M - 65% PT + Pro Bowl

$2M - 65% PT + 1st team All-Pro

$1M - 75% PT + PB

$1M - 75% PT + AP

$1.5M - 85% PT + PB

$500K - 85% PT + AP

$2M - 95% PT + AP 

#698 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,639 posts

Posted 24 April 2024 - 02:29 PM

Yeah, he’s a known name so he has that going for him, but pro bowl seems pretty doubtful at this point. If he made it I assume it’s because the various metrics say he had a great year, so that’s good. I figured a bunch of them would be strictly playing time.

#699 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,891 posts

Posted 26 April 2024 - 10:56 AM

I'm one of the few Bateman fans. He's struggled to stay on the field, but when he is he gets it done. I'm happy we still have him. Imagine a world where we have Lamar throwing to Andrews, Likely,  Hollywood, Bateman, and Zay. 

#700 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,718 posts

Posted 26 April 2024 - 11:19 AM

I'm one of the few Bateman fans. He's struggled to stay on the field, but when he is he gets it done. I'm happy we still have him. Imagine a world where we have Lamar throwing to Andrews, Likely, Hollywood, Bateman, and Zay.

We had that last year and it ended with the offense rolling over and dying in the playoffs.

Edit: no Hollywood. Not sure why he was included there.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=