704 replies to this topic

#641 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,823 posts

Posted 27 March 2024 - 08:24 PM

Clowney got a 2/$20M with $4M in incentives. That's not a deal I'd have come close to even though he was worth that much this past year.
  • TwentyThirtyFive likes this

#642 cprenegade

cprenegade

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,803 posts

Posted 27 March 2024 - 08:25 PM

Chargers hosting Dobbins.

#643 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,051 posts

Posted 27 March 2024 - 08:28 PM

So they need to fix the offensive line, the pass rush, and maybe cornerback, all on a shoestring budget. Awesome.

#644 Steve55

Steve55

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,898 posts

Posted 01 April 2024 - 11:27 AM

Chargers hosting Dobbins.

Dobbins didn't like the Roman offence. Why go check it out.

#645 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,431 posts

Posted 01 April 2024 - 12:13 PM

Maybe nobody else called.

#646 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,222 posts

Posted 01 April 2024 - 01:25 PM

Players don't give a crap where they go.  If they offer him a contract, that's where he'll end up. 

#647 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,097 posts

Posted 01 April 2024 - 02:37 PM

Dobbins knows hes got a chance to tote the rock in a Roman offense. He was going to have such a massive '21 season without the stupid preseason hit to the leg. Good luck to him wherever he ends up. Rooting for him.
  • BSLChrisStoner and SonicAttack like this

#648 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,152 posts

Posted 01 April 2024 - 02:42 PM

Dobbins knows hes got a chance to tote the rock in a Roman offense. He was going to have such a massive '21 season without the stupid preseason hit to the leg. Good luck to him wherever he ends up. Rooting for him.

If he can stay on a field for a season, he's going to produce.

#649 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,479 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 01 April 2024 - 03:35 PM

If he can stay on a field for a season, he's going to produce.

Generally agree, love JKD. Achilles injuries are different though. Far from a sure thing they he can bounce back and have the needed burst. Pulling for him.

#650 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,823 posts

Posted 01 April 2024 - 03:42 PM

Generally agree, love JKD. Achilles injuries are different though. Far from a sure thing they he can bounce back and have the needed burst. Pulling for him.

Curious which players you're thinking of struggling to respond to an achilles rupture? Not doubting, I just can't think of many achilles injuries in running backs.

#651 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,152 posts

Posted 01 April 2024 - 03:51 PM

Maybe I should have said if he can stay on a field for 2 years. 

Year 1 might be limited to some degree. 

Still disappointed he wasn't available in '23 for the Ravens.  Think he was due for a big season. 

Shame that it might not happen for him.
Like you said, rooting for him.

#652 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,222 posts

Posted 01 April 2024 - 03:51 PM

I don't see Dobbins ever coming back from all these injuries. At least not to the level he was at heading into 2021.

#653 cprenegade

cprenegade

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,803 posts

Posted 04 April 2024 - 09:52 AM

Dobbins also visiting the Chiefs.  That might be the perfect place for him.  Pacheco is their main guy, but Dobbins could be a perfect change of pace guy with breakaway potential.  He also might be used better out of the backfield on KC than he was here.  Of course that all depends on his physical comeback status. 

I heard the Chiefs reached are bringing back Edwards-Hillaire on a one year deal.   I don't know if that would rule out a deal with Dobbins, or if he would prefer to sign elsewhere.  He isn't getting a big contract until he can prove he can stay healthy so where ever he goes it is likely on a low salary, one year incentive type deal.  

#654 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,222 posts

Posted 04 April 2024 - 10:28 AM

Dobbins also visiting the Chiefs.  That might be the perfect place for him.  Pacheco is their main guy, but Dobbins could be a perfect change of pace guy with breakaway potential.  He also might be used better out of the backfield on KC than he was here.  Of course that all depends on his physical comeback status. 

I heard the Chiefs reached are bringing back Edwards-Hillaire on a one year deal.   I don't know if that would rule out a deal with Dobbins, or if he would prefer to sign elsewhere.  He isn't getting a big contract until he can prove he can stay healthy so where ever he goes it is likely on a low salary, one year incentive type deal.  

If that's the case, I'd rather he just stay here in Baltimore and see what happens.  

#655 cprenegade

cprenegade

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,803 posts

Posted 04 April 2024 - 01:08 PM

If that's the case, I'd rather he just stay here in Baltimore and see what happens.  

I think the only way he ends up back in Baltimore is if he gets no other offers.  I think it's clear the Ravens are willing to let him talk to whomever in the hopes of getting a deal and they probably will only bring him back on a minimum contract if there are no takers.  I also think his preference is to get out of the Raven's organization. 

#656 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,453 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 04 April 2024 - 02:40 PM

Sounds like they re-signed Van Noy for 2 years. Haven't seen $ yet. Would much have preferred Clowney, as I think he's more likely to replicate last season's production than KVN.

#657 mdrunning

mdrunning

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,397 posts

Posted 04 April 2024 - 03:09 PM

Sounds like they re-signed Van Noy for 2 years. Haven't seen $ yet. Would much have preferred Clowney, as I think he's more likely to replicate last season's production than KVN.

Reportedly two years for $9 million with up to a million in incentives per year.

#658 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,823 posts

Posted 04 April 2024 - 03:27 PM

Reportedly two years for $9 million with up to a million in incentives per year.

As a point of comparison, Clowney got 2/$20M w/ $12M guaranteed plus incentives up to $24M total.  So more than twice as much.

#659 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,431 posts

Posted 04 April 2024 - 03:40 PM

I would have preferred Clowney but not at his price. I'm fine with 2/9M for Van Noy, we needed somebody, and it might be effectively a 1 year deal anyway depending on details. 

#660 mdrunning

mdrunning

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,397 posts

Posted 04 April 2024 - 04:01 PM

As a point of comparison, Clowney got 2/$20M w/ $12M guaranteed plus incentives up to $24M total.  So more than twice as much.

It's really a question of player and contract. Clowney is the better player, but Van Noy is a much better combination of player and contract at a position currently in need. Oweh doesn't appear to be heading toward a second contract and Ojabo can't stay on the field.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=