#21 hallas

hallas

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,563 posts
  • LocationDaniel Larusso's hometown

Posted 29 January 2024 - 12:01 AM

It was 16 carries not 6. Dont fall into the fake news these guys are selling. Zay carries count as carries and he avg more than Hill. Lamar is out best runner and he got 8. Lets get facts straight and not fall into the narrative traps some of these posters want to sell

It was 8 designed run plays.  6 to running backs.

#22 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,097 posts

Posted 29 January 2024 - 12:01 AM

He can't be trusted.

I'd rather spend 5 years trying to find the right guy than continuing to piss away fantastic seasons with a guy who has shown you time and again he isn't it.

You have no damn clue if it will be 5 years or 50. Ask the Bears. And thats stupid anyway even if you knew 100% it was only gonna be 5 years. You have a window with a guy whos gonna get you in the dance every year he is healthy. Ima let someone else handle this if they want to jump in. To keep your damn mouth shut all year and have to eat crow and have Lamar shove it down your throat and jump back in the night of and now want back out. Shameful. Really is. Lamar has a playoff issue thats fair to call him on but taking it to where you are taking it is sickening. Imean you barely posted all year. Youve posted more today than maybe all season combined. Its close. So that was mentioned in the past how you show up the most at the worst times. Very interesting

#23 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,365 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 29 January 2024 - 12:03 AM

While I picked the Ravens to win, I do agree with 2035 and perhaps some others that Mahomes, Kelce, Reid, and the Chiefs were being disrespected some. That's a GOAT level QB in his prime, an all time great TE just past his prime, and an all time great coach. Plus the D is legit.

#24 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,051 posts

Posted 29 January 2024 - 12:04 AM

You have no damn clue if it will be 5 years or 50. Ask the Bears. And thats stupid anyway even if you knew 100% it was only gonna be 5 years. You have a window with a guy whks gonna get you in the dance every year he is healthy. Ima let someone else handle this if they want to jump in. To keep your damn mouth shut all year and have to eat crow and have Lamar shove it down your throat and jump back in the night of acting like and now want out. Shameful. Really is. Lamar has a playoff issue thats fair to call him on but taking it to where you are taking it is sickening.

I *want* Lamar to prove me wrong. I'm not rooting for him to fail. But he keeps showing us time and time again that he can't get them there.

There is literally no window if he can't win playoff games. None. Making the playoffs gets you nothing if you can't win when you're there.

Either he figures this out, or he was a colossal waste of money.

#25 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,097 posts

Posted 29 January 2024 - 12:06 AM

It was 8 designed run plays. 6 to running backs.

I know this isnt true because I know Lamar had at least 1 designed run. Actually no I know off the top of my head he had 2 designed runs along with 2 by Zay so no it wasnt 8 designed runs. It was at minimum 10.

#26 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,051 posts

Posted 29 January 2024 - 12:07 AM

Imean you barely posted all year. Youve posted more today than maybe all season combined. Its close. So that was mentioned in the past how you show up the most in the worst times. Very interesting

I post more when I'm upset. I get upset when the Ravens choke away what is likely the best chance in the next decade to win the Superbowl.

Like I said - I hate losing more than I like winning. That's just the way it is.

#27 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,097 posts

Posted 29 January 2024 - 12:08 AM

While I picked the Ravens to win, I do agree with 2035 and perhaps some others that Mahomes, Kelce, Reid, and the Chiefs were being disrespected some. That's a GOAT level QB in his prime, an all time great TE just past his prime, and an all time great coach. Plus the D is legit.

Michael they were +188 on Fanduel before kickoff. Nearly a 2-1 dog. Insane value. Obviously we couldve won the game but thats just value youll never find on guys like Mahomes, Reid, and Kelce

#28 hallas

hallas

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,563 posts

Posted 29 January 2024 - 12:08 AM

He can't be trusted.

I'd rather spend 5 years trying to find the right guy than continuing to piss away fantastic seasons with a guy who has shown you time and again he isn't it.

The next five years offer zero joy or excitement for the regular season. None. Because it doesn't matter. It will never matter. It doesn't matter what their record is or how many hollow MVPs he wins.

Until he shows he can win big games, the season is over before it starts.

Look, I get that it's hard to have a player with a penchant for choking.  But he's the 2nd best QB in the league in the regular season.  What's more likely?  That you'll find another quarterback that's at least tier-2, and you'll be able to build a team around an inferior quarterback before he gets too expensive to keep on your team while fielding a serviceable team, and he won't have the choking gene?  Or that you'll maybe hope and pray that Lamar breaks thru from his choking ways and puts it together in the playoffs?  I'm not saying that it's an easy answer one way or another but it's not nearly as one-sided as you like to believe.

#29 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,051 posts

Posted 29 January 2024 - 12:11 AM

Look, I get that it's hard to have a player with a penchant for choking. But he's the 2nd best QB in the league in the regular season. What's more likely? That you'll find another quarterback that's at least tier-2, and you'll be able to build a team around an inferior quarterback before he gets too expensive to keep on your team while fielding a serviceable team, and he won't have the choking gene? Or that you'll maybe hope and pray that Lamar breaks thru from his choking ways and puts it together in the playoffs? I'm not saying that it's an easy answer one way or another but it's not nearly as one-sided as you like to believe.

I want to believe every year there is hope.

I have given up hope until Lamar proves he's worthy of it. To me, the next 5 years feel like they're already lost. Maybe I'll feel differently with some space from this loss, but it's how I feel now.

#30 cprenegade

cprenegade

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,803 posts

Posted 29 January 2024 - 12:16 AM

Lamar did not do a lot today to live up to his MVP status.  His throw into triple coverage was horrible.  But he is also the main reason the Ravens hosted the game today.   The entire team and coaching staff looked out matched today.  The Chiefs showed them what it means to do it instead of thinking you can do it.  The Ravens were outclassed in every phase of the game today.  They lost to a team that knows how to win championships instead of just dancing around and dreaming about them.  

• TwentyThirtyFive likes this

#31 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,365 posts

Posted 29 January 2024 - 12:17 AM

Michael they were +188 on Fanduel before kickoff. Nearly a 2-1 dog. Insane value. Obviously we couldve won the game but thats just value youll never find on guys like Mahomes, Reid, and Kelce

A post that starts with Michael! Wow.

But yeah, I don't really disagree even though I did with my pick lol.

• TwentyThirtyFive likes this

#32 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,097 posts

Posted 29 January 2024 - 12:21 AM

Lamar did not do a lot today to live up to his MVP status.  His throw into triple coverage was horrible.  But he is also the main reason the Ravens hosted the game today.   The entire team and coaching staff looked out matched today.  The Chiefs showed them what it means to do it instead of thinking you can do it.  The Ravens were outclassed in every phase of the game today.  They lost to a team that knows how to win championships instead of just dancing around and dreaming about them.  

Well said. You always have to keep it all in perspective

#33 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,365 posts

Posted 29 January 2024 - 12:26 AM

QB and basketball #1 superstar are the only positions that receive this type of scrutiny. No one is going to say we can't win with the #2-4 best WR or DE or OT for instance, and I just picked very important positions.

As has been said, only 1 out of 32 teams get to hold up that trophy at the end of the year and with the way we judge success, everyone else is essentially a failure. In my view though, there are not 31 teams that should have their heads down, nor 31 teams that should think they can't win as currently constructed. The NFL is way too random for that. MLB too for that matter with the O's. Yes, they should have improved and should still improve going forward, but they could have won last year and could win going forward just like the Ravens.

Lamar can win. But hey guess what, the person who says he can't or won't is much more likely to be able to brag at the end of a season and even has a good chance of being able to say I told you so in the long run because that's how the sport works, but that doesn't really make that person right imo.
  • BobPhelan likes this

#34 hallas

hallas

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,563 posts

Posted 29 January 2024 - 12:26 AM

I've seen a few more replays of the INT and I'm still convinced it should have been DPI, by the way.  That would have gotten called if it were Kelce.

#35 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,097 posts

Posted 29 January 2024 - 12:34 AM

I've seen a few more replays of the INT and I'm still convinced it should have been DPI, by the way.  That would have gotten called if it were Kelce.

Yeah but it was triple cov and underthrown. THe bottom line is in the playoffs I want the refs throwing less flags and letting the players play a bit more. As long as its equal of course. The Ravens got beat in every way today. A CHiefs team that isnt know for being that physical was better in that regard. Our offense is soft. Just is. 

#36 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,097 posts

Posted 29 January 2024 - 12:37 AM

Just saw that apparently MacDOnald is meeting with the Commanders tomorrow. . In addition to maybe making his way to Seattle if Wash doesnt get something done with him. SO yeah so much for me hoping he would be passed up this cycle. Prob going to be the biggest loss of the offseason. More than any 1 player. He was really good at his job this year.

#37 mdrunning

mdrunning

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,397 posts

Posted 29 January 2024 - 12:45 AM

Yeah but it was triple cov and underthrown. THe bottom line is in the playoffs I want the refs throwing less flags and letting the players play a bit more. As long as its equal of course. The Ravens got beat in every way today. A CHiefs team that isnt know for being that physical was better in that regard. Our offense is soft. Just is. 

I agree here, but I thought there should have been a DPI when Likely was grabbed by one of the Kansas City defensive backs. Then again, it looked like Chris Jones could have been tripped in the end zone by Justice Hill (I think) when the Ravens were backed up to their 1-yard line, which would have been a safety. 

I don't think the officials influenced today's game at all. The Ravens committed a lot of stupid, undisciplined penalties and deservedly got flagged for doing so. They seemed more interested in winning an argument than the actual game.

#38 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,097 posts

Posted 29 January 2024 - 12:48 AM

I agree here, but I thought there should have been a DPI when Likely was grabbed by one of the Kansas City defensive backs. Then again, it looked like Chris Jones could have been tripped in the end zone by Justice Hill (I think) when the Ravens were backed up to their 1-yard line, which would have been a safety. 

I don't think the officials influenced today's game at all. The Ravens committed a lot of stupid, undisciplined penalties and deservedly got flagged for doing so. They seemed more interested in winning an argument than the actual game.

Yup. KC was in their heads. All the psychological warfare they were going for worked. Again, KC won in every way. Complete beatdown that quite frankly the final score doesnt accurately reflect. 

#39 hallas

hallas

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,563 posts

Posted 29 January 2024 - 02:07 AM

I think Likely is in position to at least contest if he doesn't get pushed forward 4 yards. I don't think it was underthrown, just a bad decision to throw it. And I'm fully aware that a flag there would have been a complete bailout.

I think he throws the flag if it's not picked.

#40 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,286 posts

Posted 29 January 2024 - 05:05 AM

Every snap the LBs and DBs have nothing to worry about besides turning and running with receiving targets.

Ravens choice to take their own RBs out of the gameplan altogether.

And nobody can pretend 6 carries are enough to justify that.

Only Harbs and whoever his OC of the time is.

I don't get being that upset when the Ravens moved and controlled the ball better then KC the whole 2nd half. If they were stalling drives I'd get it. They weren't. The only drive that was a true fail, they ran the ball on 1st and 2nd down. Otherwise, they went down the field. They had drives that got to the goal line, the 20 and the 25, and walked away with 3 points on them.

When the INT came, they has 3:41 on the clock. Not really a time to settle down and run the ball in the redzone.

Everything you can complain about, the Ravens still did. KC's defense was tired. They were giving up chunk yards. The Ravens controlled the ball and kept KC's offense off the field.

If they had punted and not moved the ball while passing, I'd get it. That wasn't the issue. They moved the ball. Funny thing is, some of their passing were easy, quick check downs to Hill and Gus. 5 catches for 50 yards to be exact. Basically long hand offs.

The problem was not designed runs to the RB. The problem was the fact that we gave it to KC at the 2 inch line, and the 20 yard line. When all we needed were 10 points.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=